ADVERTISEMENT

FALL Camp has begun!! ⚔️🖤💛

If Plumlee is doing everything Keene is doing, there wouldn't be a competition at this point. I don't think the players and staff is blind to the fact that one QB is significantly more athletic and has a better chance to improvise. On top of that Plumlee was recruited by Malzahn, fits his style of offense more.

More likely the reason why players/coaches feel its close, Plumlee isn't running the offense as well because of various reasons (rust, knowledge of playbook, accuracy, ect.) so its not a cut and dry decision.
Bingo

Reactions: Oldest Man
We will see on 9/1. Whoever is the tabbed starter should get the vast majority of playing time. If it's Plumlee, he should play at the minimum of a half to prepare for Louisville.

Under pressure there are 2 outcomes for him: deep ball to coach malzahn or a 9 yd loss from a sack.
Gus Malzahn was a walk-on wide receiver at Arkansas and Henderson State. I hope Malzahn names Keene the starter and Gus responds by leading the nation in receiving to shut all you up.

Note that neither QB was voted a captain by the team.
Gus has stated the teams response to the QB'S will be the indicator.. It may not be the most athletic, but the one with the most fieldsmanship. Why does that give me flash backs of the past. Of course now I'm just being silly, I trust Gus.

Reactions: 90Knight
Gus has stated the teams response to the QB'S will be the indicator.. It may not be the most athletic, but the one with the most fieldsmanship. Why does that give me flash backs of the past. Of course now I'm just being silly, I trust Gus.
Ugh. Pete dinovo had “fieldmanship” and it cost us the game against penn state in ireland

Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face! -Mike Tyson

You are spot on, Keene can be a good qb if protections don’t break down and his first read gets open. Under pressure there are 2 outcomes for him: deep ball to coach malzahn or a 9 yd loss from a sack.

JRP can take a possible sack into a 70yd td. We dont know his throwing ability yet but if he can complete 60% of his passes and pickup crucial first downs with his legs, our offense will wear out teams
In the spring game I saw no problem with JRP arm. According to OC, all 3 QBs seem to be working on timing with passing game due to new transfer WRs and recruits. This is why it is critical to make the right QB selection quickly for the season. After camp the starter seems to have an advantage over the other 2 because they get more rep time with starting WRs. The coach and players are quiet at this point because they want to be fair at this point. However, I stand by my statement that if you really want to make a NY6 bowl and win we need a talented dual QB. Only 2 of the 3
QBs are dual QBs.

“We had a receiver go down, hopefully it’s not too serious” 🤦🏻‍♂️

Local media can be so useless sometimes. 20 minutes of questions, not a single person followed up on who the receiver was that was banged up, or anything more substantial about the injury.

One guy had enough time to ask “if your team was a song, what song would they be (which Malzhan had no answer for, and literally made fun of the question),” but nothing about the receiver. Unserious

Local media can be so useless sometimes. 20 minutes of questions, not a single person followed up on who the receiver was that was banged up, or anything more substantial about the injury.

One guy had enough time to ask “if your team was a song, what song would they be (which Malzhan had no answer for, and literally made fun of the question),” but nothing about the receiver. Unserious
Why coaches should love the ucf job. our local media isn’t serious

Is it possible they were told beforehand they weren’t releasing info on it so don't ask?
No, that’s not a thing that happens very often. College is different than professional sports, so there are some things that schools legally can’t disclose about players and their health. And of course, you always want to read the room and not dwell on something that has already been asked in the past.

More than likely, this is just a situation where an injury occurred just today, so Malzahn didn’t have concrete information about the severity one way or the other. So there’s no way he was going to disclose a timeframe or anything, but I think follow-up questions (name of player, how in practice/scrimmage it happened, etc) certainly would have been appropriate, even if “no comment” would have (likely) been all reporters got out of the coaches in return.

If the media is being directed what to ask, surprised they haven't been told to not ask about who is winning QB battle since Malzahn comes off as mildly annoyed when having to respond.

I noticed Ryan Swoboda mentioned John Harris twice. Is Harris pushing for a job, and if so, where?

What was disconcerting is Malzahn mentioned a series of hamstring injuries plaguing the team. Hammies can last all season if not handled properly. I am assuming MAR and JaCari Henderson are guys who pulled hamstrings.

Would love to see some scrimmage snippets, hopefully we get some soon. Also hoping the WR injured isn’t Javon, that would suck he’s seemingly been in every highlight out.

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
I noticed Ryan Swoboda mentioned John Harris twice. Is Harris pushing for a job, and if so, where?

What was disconcerting is Malzahn mentioned a series of hamstring injuries plaguing the team. Hammies can last all season if not handled properly. I am assuming MAR and JaCari Henderson are guys who pulled hamstrings.

Think I saw Xavier Townsend wearing a gold jersey during one of the practice clips also.

you can be in a boot and it not be that serious ..it is precautionary at times

it is annoying how little info we get

Couple of observations:

*Been seeing Pauole at center a lot in these little clips, makes me think he is being groomed if Matt Lee gets hurt. #57 John Harris has a lot of experience at his prior school playing center also.

*MAR still in a gold jersey and now Jordan McDonald in one also. Means they are dealing with some sort of injury.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT