ADVERTISEMENT

Fauci now admits what the rest of us knew

The problem they have is that a candidate like that, wont appeal to Trump supporters. They have created a situation where Trump is almost the end all/be all of the Republican party at this point and the more reasonable/moderate Republicans are now considered RINOs. I am not saying they have no chance to win in 2024, especially with the new voting laws, but it is going to be tough. NO matter who they nominate, Trump or a Trump like candidate, or a more moderate Republican, a significant portion of the base is going to be turned off either way.
The candidate is Ron DeSantis. That's pretty clear moving forward. Question is, does Trump run again in 24, which would be a disaster IMO

Reactions: Crazyhole
In this century, the single best moment that any candidate on either side has had in a debate is when Gingrich was asked right out of the gate if he wanted to address the claims that he was having an affair while his wife was sick. His response: "no, but I will", and then excoriated the media for bringing it up. IMO, that was the impetus that launched Donald Trump.

I really don’t think you’re in touch with most of America. There’s plenty to criticize Trump on, but if you think people were turned off by his “machismo” or getting into it with a very unpopular media, you’re out of your mind.

He lost this last election because he lost support with suburban white women who were tired of all his antics. You can say I am out of touch with America all you want, but the facts speak for themselves. Trump lost the popular vote twice (the 2nd time by more than the first), and the lost support with suburban women which is a demographic any Republican is going to need to win. He is also the only president since the great depression whose party lost the house, senate, and next presidential election in a 4 year period. Those are facts. I dont see how you can say out of touch when the actual results show Trump was bad for his own party.

Last edited:
The candidate is Ron DeSantis. That's pretty clear moving forward. Question is, does Trump run again in 24, which would be a disaster IMO

Nothing is clear at this point. There are always people considered to be strong candidates, who dont end up doing well when the election cycle actually starts. I think Desantis is a strong possibility, but it most certainly isnt a given he is the candidate.

DeSantis v. Biden in 2024 and Ronnie D beats his ass.
They are already working on a Biden hologram for the debates.

videomoviespeechwizardofozoffer.jpg

DeSantis v. Biden in 2024 and Ronnie D beats his ass.

While DeSantis is probably the nominee, I’m not sure he wins. I think too many underestimate the celebrity appeal Trump had. He pulled ppl out of the woodwork who hadn’t voted in decades to vote for him. I’m not sure Ronny D can do that. People ain’t traveling across state lines to hear him speak. He’s smarter than Trump, but he isn’t the spectacle.

He lost this last election because he lost support with suburban white women who were tired of all his antics. You can say I am out of touch with America all you want, but the facts speak for themselves. Trump lost the popular vote twice (the 2nd time by more than the first), and the lost support with suburban women which is a demographic any Republican is going to need to win. He is also the only president since the great depression whose party lost the house, senate, and next presidential election in a 4 year period. Those are facts. I dont see how you can say out of touch when the actual results show Trump was bad for his own party.
Very wrong, on all counts.

Exit polling shows across racial and ethnic groups, women shifted towards Trump in 2020.

White women:
Won by 9 points in 2016
Won by 11 points in 2020

Hispanic/Latina:
Lost by 44 points in 2016
Lost by 39 points in 2020

Black women:
Lost by 90 points in 2016
Lost by 81 points in 2020

Go on and tell me how white men (the only group Trump did worse with in 2020) were put off by his machismo and being mean to the media.

While DeSantis is probably the nominee, I’m not sure he wins. I think too many underestimate the celebrity appeal Trump had. He pulled ppl out of the woodwork who hadn’t voted in decades to vote for him. I’m not sure Ronny D can do that. People ain’t traveling across state lines to hear him speak. He’s smarter than Trump, but he isn’t the spectacle.
Don’t let the fact that Biden turning 82 won’t deter voters.

Nothing is clear at this point. There are always people considered to be strong candidates, who dont end up doing well when the election cycle actually starts. I think Desantis is a strong possibility, but it most certainly isnt a given he is the candidate.
Sure, I agree. Just saying DeSantis stands the greatest chance of gaining traction from Trump followers as well as "traditional" moderate Republicans (whatever that means, the Atlanta Suburb moms I guess).

Exit polling shows across racial and ethnic groups, women shifted towards Trump in 2020.

White women:
Won by 9 points in 2016
Won by 11 points in 2020

Hispanic/Latina:

Black women:

Go on and tell me how white men (the only group Trump did worse with in 2020) were put off by his machismo and being mean to the media.
White guilt is real

White women:
Won by 9 points in 2016
Won by 11 points in 2020

Hispanic/Latina:

Black women:

I said "suburban white women", not "white women" in general.

Yet among white voters with college educations, there were notable shifts in Biden’s direction. White male college graduates reduced their support for Trump from 14% to 3%. At the same time, white female college graduates boosted their Democratic support from 7% to 9% nationally. Moreover, in key battleground states, white female college graduates generally registered greater support for Biden in 2020 than they did for Hillary Clinton in 2016.

Last edited:
Sure, I agree. Just saying DeSantis stands the greatest chance of gaining traction from Trump followers as well as "traditional" moderate Republicans (whatever that means, the Atlanta Suburb moms I guess).
DeSantis will gain Trump voters because he doesn’t back down the way all of the other Republican Presidents and candidates have since Reagan. He also won’t drive the “oh, but he’s so mean on Twitter” people away. Despite the media’s attempts to use their COVID brush to paint DeSantis, he’s got a good record there. He also has a positive approval rating from 88% of state Republicans and 57% of Independents (of course, 73% of Team D voters disprove). His net approval among Hispanic voters is in the 60% range and he’s even getting approval from 40% of African American voters in the state.

But the leader three years out is rarely the candidate an Election Day so who knows.

I said "suburban white women", not "white women" in general.

Yet among white voters with college educations, there were notable shifts in Biden’s direction. White male college graduates reduced their support for Trump from 14% to 3%. At the same time, white female college graduates boosted their Democratic support from 7% to 9% nationally. Moreover, in key battleground states, white female college graduates generally registered greater support for Biden in 2020 than they did for Hillary Clinton in 2016.
So a group that voted for Democrats in 2016 by 7% was tired of Trump’s shit in 2020 and voted for Democrats by 9%?

Uhhh... that’s not exactly “losing support from suburban white women who were tired of all his antics.” That’s doing slightly worse with a group that already didn’t go for him 4 years prior.

Either way, it’s asinine to think that Ron D is going to suffer from half the self-inflicted personality wounds that plagued Trump.

So a group that voted for Democrats in 2016 by 7% was tired of Trump’s shit in 2020 and voted for Democrats by 9%?

Uhhh... that’s not exactly “losing support from suburban white women who were tired of all his antics.” That’s doing slightly worse with a group that already didn’t go for him 4 years prior.

Either way, it’s asinine to think that Ron D is going to suffer from half the self-inflicted personality wounds that plagued Trump.

That is nationally. In battleground states it tended to be higher, but keep in mind, there were also 17 million more voters in 2020 than 2016, so even a small % can still be a significant #.

It isnt asinine to think that at all. For better or worse, personality matters in elections. Desantis has some Trump like traits to him, but no where near the charisma, and I think that could be a problem for him. But we will see how it pans out.

DeSantis will gain Trump voters because he doesn’t back down the way all of the other Republican Presidents and candidates have since Reagan. He also won’t drive the “oh, but he’s so mean on Twitter” people away. Despite the media’s attempts to use their COVID brush to paint DeSantis, he’s got a good record there. He also has a positive approval rating from 88% of state Republicans and 57% of Independents (of course, 73% of Team D voters disprove). His net approval among Hispanic voters is in the 60% range and he’s even getting approval from 40% of African American voters in the state.

But the leader three years out is rarely the candidate an Election Day so who knows.
We are obviously a long way out and some of what I am predicting is a bit of shit talking...BUT:

If I had to put some money down on 2024, I would on Ronnie D. I think he articulates his rhetoric quite well and stays off of social media to lure moderate voters who went against Trump in 2020. And he's not part of the shit-tier Capitol gang like Cruz, Little Marco, et al. who have more than worn out their welcome among voters and really have no business running ever again. I suppose another name is Tom Cotton, but I'm not sure he's as likable as Ronnie.

The wrench into all of this, naturally, will be iF Biden DOESN'T run in 2024 and we get PC'D over the head with "VOTE FOR KAMALA, YOU MISOGYNIST DONKEYS," which I honestly can't wait for...

We are obviously a long way out and some of what I am predicting is a bit of shit talking...BUT:

If I had to put some money down on 2024, I would on Ronnie D. I think he articulates his rhetoric quite well and stays off of social media to lure moderate voters who went against Trump in 2020. And he's not part of the shit-tier Capitol gang like Cruz, Little Marco, et al. who have more than worn out their welcome among voters and really have no business running ever again. I suppose another name is Tom Cotton, but I'm not sure he's as likable as Ronnie.

The wrench into all of this, naturally, will be iF Biden DOESN'T run in 2024 and we get PC'D over the head with "VOTE FOR KAMALA, YOU MISOGYNIST DONKEYS," which I honestly can't wait for...
Which if I had to put money on, it will be Kamala. The other thing with DeSantis is name recognition. Governors have not done well in national politics for some time now.
Those in tune with politics will know who DeSantis is. But now that politics is turning boring again without Trump, will Joe Schmo who has returned to a more normal life post Covid know him, especially those outside Florida.

Which if I had to put money on, it will be Kamala. The other thing with DeSantis is name recognition. Governors have not done well in national politics for some time now.
Those in tune with politics will know who DeSantis is. But now that politics is turning boring again without Trump, will Joe Schmo who has returned to a more normal life post Covid know him, especially those outside Florida.
Which is too bad because Governors tend to be better prepared for Executive Branch positions.

Which is too bad because Governors tend to be better prepared for Executive Branch positions.
I'm not sure I would agree with the premise. Bush, Clinton, Reagan and Carter were all governors. If anything, governors have had more recent success than they had for the previous decades.

I'm not sure I would agree with the premise. Bush, Clinton, Reagan and Carter were all governors. If anything, governors have had more recent success than they had for the previous decades.
I would put Reagan and Clinton above Obama and Biden by far.

The laws of physics mean that you cannot have four positively charged amino acids in a row," Dalgleish told the Daily Mail. "The only way you can get this is if you artificially manufacture it."

The laws of physics mean that you cannot have four positively charged amino acids in a row," Dalgleish told the Daily Mail. "The only way you can get this is if you artificially manufacture it."

All of the vaccines are artificially created by genetic manipulation. We are messing with nature and nature is going to mess back at some point.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT