ADVERTISEMENT

FBI reopening the investigation of the crook?

I was assuming that it is a new device or computer, they already brushed the servers under the rug.

That wasn't Comey, it was one of the agents leading the investigation.
Not exactly. The money didn't come from HRC and the FBI Deputy Director wasn't involved until after the campaign failed.

"[VA Gov Terry] McAuliffe’s political-action committee donated $467,500 to the 2015 state Senate campaign of Dr. Jill McCabe, who is married to Andrew McCabe, now the deputy director of the FBI.

The Virginia Democratic Party, over which Mr. McAuliffe exerts considerable control, donated an additional $207,788 worth of support to Dr. McCabe’s campaign in the form of mailers, according to the records. That adds up to slightly more than $675,000 to her candidacy from entities either directly under Mr. McAuliffe’s control or strongly influenced by him. The figure represents more than a third of all the campaign funds Dr. McCabe raised in the effort.

Mr. McAuliffe and other state party leaders recruited Dr. McCabe to run, according to party officials. She lost the election to incumbent Republican Dick Black."

"Months after the completion of her campaign, then-Associate Deputy Director McCabe was promoted to Deputy, where, in that position, he assumed for the first time, an oversight role in the investigation into Secretary Clinton’s emails.”

"Mr. McCabe’s supervision of the Clinton email case in 2016 wasn’t seen as a conflict or an ethics issue because his wife’s campaign was over by then and Mr. McAuliffe wasn’t part of the email probe, officials said."

http://www.wsj.com/articles/clinton-ally-aids-campaign-of-fbi-officials-wife-1477266114

maybe Huma emailed something to her husband that contradicts what she told investigators under Oath

It's more than that. They know the classification by just reading them. If this was just three unrelated (he said they are related) emails Comey wouldn't have sent a letter to Congress.

Wait. If they're related to clinton case, it may be that they weren't withheld but that they were deleted and copies or cc's were found on Weiner's devices.

Look, the FBI is doing something big or they're imbeciles. It is unlikely that they're imbecilic to this degree. I doubt they'd really try to play dirty politics at this point.

That letter didn't sound innocuous in the least. And of course, ongoing investigations require confidentiality so the fact that they can't leak all of the details isn't surprising.

That guy is in full spin mode. If this was nothing like he says, it would be nothing. There is something there they want to look at, that is why Comey sent the letter.

the panic & frantic search on twitter for spin by the L Neckbeards online about this is hilarious

Doesn't have to be. Since Comey told congress he was done investigating he basically had to tell them he was looking into these.

You wouldn't amend a testimony if there was no information to add... I find it hard to believe that "Hey, the Clinton aide who is married to this Brett Favre wannabe received emails from Clinton, let's go turn this already shitty political issue into a larger one" is legit.

LA Times article: http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-fbi-clinton-email-probe-20161028-story.html

QUOTE: 'The FBI came across the communications while investigating sexting allegations involving former Rep. Anthony Weiner, a New York Democrat and the estranged husband of one of Clinton’s closest aides, Huma Abedin, a U.S. law enforcement official said.'

Unlike in civilian cases, classified materials are covered in NDA and related, contractual agreements, and anyone who signs those agreements are *not* protected by the 4th Amendment or other 'separations' in investigations. In other words ... it doesn't matter how or where law enforcement (or any agency) for that matter gets them, they can still apply to a case where classified materials are mishandled or, worse, purposely transmitted in violation of many agreements and laws.

In the best case (for Clinton) ...

This is just more 'mishandling.' It's completely against both agreements and the law to do so, but as Comey stated before, they were *not* going to charge her with*out* being able to completely prove -- in a court of law -- actual 'intent.' Although that is *not* required at all, Comey stated that's why he would *not* recommend charges. Nothing changes ... but that would likely mean Comey would have never reopened the investigation.

So, in the worst case (for Clinton) ...

It's the 'smoking gun' where Clinton was actually telling Huma to violate agreements and law, and she did. That's what they were trying to find before, based on Defense personnel, who refused to send anything, despite Clinton's instructions. In the case of State and Clinton's staff, they did, but they couldn't find exact evidence that Clinton directly and knowingly ordered it.

However, regardless of Hillary Clinton ...

I hope we see Paul Combetta in jail. Immunity or not, it wouldn't surprise me if they go after him, especially if his immunity was tied to being truthful to the FBI. He was not, and I'm sure even Comey was pissed when it came out -- after they closed the investigation -- that several, on-line, technical media sites -- where Combetta had an [not-so-]anonymous account -- had proof Combetta violated court orders. So now they may be able to charge him too.

The FBI is pissed they got played politically, and this time ... even though it will be after the election ... they are *not* letting that happen again. Hillary shouldn't have opened her mouth post-investigation closure, because you could see Comey cringing every time.

I was assuming that it is a new device or computer, they already brushed the servers under the rug.
No, Clinton's lawyers were able to successfully keep the FBI from seizing devices that still existed, like the home computers, personal notebooks, tables and other portables used by her staff and others.

However, they did get access to Abedin-Weiner's devices for another case, which then turned up more e-mails related to the investigation into classified material mishandling.

Normally they couldn't take one 'discovery' and apply it to another case, in the case of civil or criminal investigations. However, there is no 4th Amendment or similar protections for those with security clearances, when important discoveries are uncovered. Hence why the case was re-opened.

The question is ... what will come of it?

So, is the media still out to get Trump? Is the election still rigged if he wins now?

So, is the media still out to get Trump? Is the election still rigged if he wins now?
Oh, it's even better than that!

The Hillary campaign has been continually lambasting the Trump campaign about bellyaching over the FBI and Comey. Now the Hillary campaign itself is bellyaching over the FBI and Comey! Oh the hypocrisy!

Yes they are. The election isn't rigged, the political process and media is rigged, look at what the DNC did to Bernie.

Yeah - I could understand why someone would say that and wouldn't really argue it. However, that's not the message Trump himself was saying (although his surrogates tried to tone it down to what you're saying).

You Spin Doctors do realize that it's already documented that Hillary broke Federal Records Retention law, yes? The fact that the FBI didn't recommend indictment the first time, remains, absolutely incredible. He listed every reason why there SHOULD be an indictment then said "but hey, nah!".

Just look at the spin here. "Oh, it was just Anthony Weiner and Huma!". Oh? How exactly did these classified emails get to Hillary's closest aid on yet another unsecured server?

The criminal negligence when handling classified and TS material is just astounding. ANYONE not associated with this family criminal enterprise would be in prison already. There are service men and women awaiting trial right now, as we speak, for offenses with classified material far inferior to what Hillary did.

Doubt this has much affect, look at how much stuff has been dredged up about her and displayed for everyone to see already. Hasn't really damaged her enough to really matter. I bet even an indictment and jail time would only have a marginal reduction in her % at the polls. Remember, her voter base is non-whites, communist lefties, degenerates, illegals, etc. Half of them are criminals anyway, do you really think they care if she is?

Doubt this has much affect, look at how much stuff has been dredged up about her and displayed for everyone to see already. Hasn't really damaged her enough to really matter. I bet even an indictment and jail time would only have a marginal reduction in her % at the polls. Remember, her voter base is non-whites, communist lefties, degenerates, illegals, etc. Half of them are criminals anyway, do you really think they care if she is?

Hillary Clinton could walk into Times Square and shoot someone and not lose any voters.

Reactions: btbones
Uh huh. Did you have to Google irony or did you have a dictionary in your double wide available to you?

So that's you admitting you didn't know the definition of irony. BTDubs I'm really sick of correcting you liberal city yuppies that it's a triple wide.

So that's you admitting you didn't know the definition of irony. BTDubs I'm really sick of correcting you liberal city yuppies that it's a triple wide.

Yes, that's exactly what I wrote.

Are you going to light your triple wide on fire when killary wins?

So, this is how I read Comey's 'departure' from the DoJ's stance on 'interfering with an election.'
- http://www.wsj.com/articles/fbis-co...ending-letter-about-clinton-emails-1477788552

o Short Version ...

Comey grew a pair, and it's likely the end of his productive career with the Justice Department. The more I read about the man, the more it makes sense. People forget Comey refused to certify NSA wiretapping under the W. administration, and actually put his ethics on display before, at odds with an administration.

And I think a lot revolves around why some staffers, like Combetta, are not currently detained, as their immunity means jack in what they've been up to during and even post-closure of the investigation.

o Long Version ...

It's just completely both coincidental and ironic that just last week Clinton was complaining about Trump complaining about Comey, and now everything is reversed. But that's politicians for you. But I'm not so sure Comey is one. Read on ...

Just 4 months ago, Comey recommended no criminal charges, based on almost a year-long investigation into the "damage" caused by Clinton and State not following procedures for years, stating 'no criminal intent.' That phrasing is very key, because it means Clinton was still guilty of a crime, several laws related to her violating many agreements she is bound by. That alone should have cost her security clearance at a bare minimum, but that's besides the point now.

Because as we found out, that recommendation was wholly based on the 'handicapping' Clinton lawyers successfully negotiated. This included the FBI from seizing equipment, especially personal equipment that still existed, and were severely limited in questioning of those granted immunity. And those lawyers and their staff did not have clearances, much worse could not be IA/CS (Information Assurance/CyberSecurity) rated to actually handle the materials.

So atop of all that ...

In the public several IA/CS SMEs figured out the previously anonymous, public accounts of several staffers, most notably Combetta. Comey then had to come out after that saying that the FBI -- during the investigation, key point here, during the investigation -- that the FBI did not have evidence and could not prove any criminal intent by Combetta either. Again, the phrasing is very key. Because those same IA/CS SMEs have proven that Combetta was still actively covering-up his tracks.

Most notably any evidence he did something weeks after a court order forbade anyone from doing what he eventually did, and we now know he did, and continued to cover-up the cover-up after the investigation was closed (e.g., deleting accounts, etc... -- although many sites are archived). Keep in mind immunity only protects someone from what they did at the time it's granted and back. It's extremely likely he is in serious breach of that immunity agreement if he was still actively covering-up details, especially since they did not seize his personal assets and other equipment, especially after it was granted, and likely does not apply to such actions either.

Why Combetta is not locked up right now or otherwise detains is an interesting question. Someone answered it for me recently, and it's pure conspiracy, so I won't entertain it. I just can't.

So, now to 'current events,' we have 2 devices in FBI hands ...

These devices were not protected by the agreement with Clintons' laywers, because they were seized as part of another investigation. Now many of you who follow civics and know your rights might believe this entitles Clinton and her staffers 'protection,' because the devices were seized as part of another investigation, let alone there is no 'double jeopardy.' Well, sorry to rain on your parade, but they signed those right away in their agreements with the US gov't, especially anyone who holds a security clearance, including Clinton.

So what happened?

The DOJ and FBI decided to re-open the case, and keep it quiet, not wanting to interfere with an election. I can understand that. If I was an FBI agent, I would have respected it too. Just is what it is ... orders. You follow them. You follow policy, even if you're investigating others who do not.

Comey took issue with that, and explanations are abound.

So, again, what do I think really happened?
Again, Comey grew some balls.
Why?

This election has already been screwed with at the DOJ. In the administration -- however you slice it, whether it was Lynch or others -- decided to have this case closed well before the election. And the way they did that was agree to the terms of Clintons' lawyers, totally handicap and handcuff FBI agents, from questions to not allowing them to seize assets, and give immunity out to people who -- we now know -- were still covering up information, even post-immunity, let alone not offering anything that they did, often in direct conflict to testimony by either them, or others.

That is unprecedented when it comes to any mishandling of classified materials, let alone anyone directly, knowingly violating policy, repeatedly and wholesale in this case, for years. The whole reason immunity was granted was to identify the extent of the damage to the country. And we, the taxpayers, didn't get that.

So Comey did what he did. I can see his logic. Especially since this is now about the cover-up.

"You already influenced the election. You prevented us from doing our job. Because it was my butt you hauled in front of the public, and I was the one that said we shouldn't charge Clinton. I was the lamb. And as a result, you made all our agents and I look like asshats in the final months to anyone in the IA/CS community. So now ... I just returned the favor."

Again, if I was in his shoes, I wouldn't have done it. But I honestly think this is why he did it. It makes sense to me.

People can call it what they want. But regardless of anything ...

Comey really put his balls out there on this one. I don't think I would have for a variety of reasons if I were in his shoes, but he very much did.

Last edited:
So when does the media demand that Democrats start dropping their endorsements of Hillary? When do they call for a "serious conversation" about the future of the party, since they collectively rigged the rules to assure that a habitual liar and criminal become their nominee?

So when does the media demand that Democrats start dropping their endorsements of Hillary? When do they call for a "serious conversation" about the future of the party, since they collectively rigged the rules to assure that a habitual liar and criminal become their nominee?

You will be waiting forever.

It sounds like this laptop was once shared by Huma and wiener. Speculation is growing that this laptop was set up to archive all the emails being sent from the Clinton foundation folks and Hillary. Huma is screwed. She swore under oath during a deposition that she turned over all of her devices that were used to send email and no longer retained any other emails.

It sounds like this laptop was once shared by Huma and wiener. Speculation is growing that this laptop was set up to archive all the emails being sent from the Clinton foundation folks and Hillary. Huma is screwed. She swore under oath during a deposition that she turned over all of her devices that were used to send email and no longer retained any other emails.
Yes, that was part of the 'negotiations' whereby Clinton's lawyers were able to prevent the FBI from just seizing all personal devices and systems from all staffers. They identified all those that were pertinent and those were turned over. If this really is the case, Abedin is really screwed.

BTW, it's getting almost comical how the heavily biased, left-wing media is trying to label this as 'unreasonable search and seizure' and how the FBI has 'tainted the evidence' and made it 'inadmissible in a court-of-law' because they seized the devices under another case for another crime.

Both Clinton and Abedin signed agreements that included waivers as part of their SSBI, and it's very likely even Weiner -- as spouse or co-habitant -- signed or at least is considered a willing party to those agreements. Especially in the case of a full SSBI on Abedin, Weiner likely had a background check as well. Allegedly Abedin's TS is 'inactive' right now (if not expired from her adjudication date), post-2013, so she probably didn't have to separate from Weiner to maintain her clearance. I'm honestly tired of the total ignorance of these facts, they are cleared public servants to follow policy for a damn good reason!

This is classified materials or information pertinent to classified materials, with the associated waivers signed by people who owned these devices and systems. The US media's ignorance will never cease to amaze me. The FBI is getting warrants regardless, after-the-fact. But them 'seeing' the information beforehand does not prevent them from using it, when it comes to such information and cleared people. I honestly wish I could smack the heavily biased, left-wing media when they suddenly go all 'civil rights' where it doesn't apply, but totally ignore it when it's a non-cleared, everyday American citizen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT