ADVERTISEMENT

Feds will step up marijuana law enforcement

Trump also noted he is for expansion of medical Mary Jane use, which, of course what all the advocates only really wanted a few years ago.

I am for legalizing but get off your high horse . So maybe KL is against it . Typical liberal . Tolerant of all who agree lockstep with your beliefs and lifestyle . If everyone was a liberal Siri would never be asked a single question

You have some serious anger issues recently on here, maybe you should look into some MJ.

It was a question - I have no issue with someone who doesn't like MJ. I am not forcing you to like it, or touch it, or smoke it or anything like that. However - just because someone else doesn't "like it" doesn't mean it should be illegal. Typical conservative - doesn't understand that there is a difference between disagreeing with someone and restricting someone.

You have some serious anger issues recently on here, maybe you should look into some MJ.

It was a question - I have no issue with someone who doesn't like MJ. I am not forcing you to like it, or touch it, or smoke it or anything like that. However - just because someone else doesn't "like it" doesn't mean it should be illegal. Typical conservative - doesn't understand that there is a difference between disagreeing with someone and restricting someone.
First of all I'm not angry but this whole liberal mindset of everything should be legal and acceptable , if you don't like it don't participate is just plain ignorance and not at all what the founding fathers meant by freedom . And try reading sometime before you type . I said clearly I was in favor of legalization . Doesn't mean the rest of the world has to agree

First of all I'm not angry but this whole liberal mindset of everything should be legal and acceptable , if you don't like it don't participate is just plain ignorance and not at all what the founding fathers meant by freedom . And try reading sometime before you type . I said clearly I was in favor of legalization . Doesn't mean the rest of the world has to agree

He asked a simple question and you blasted him about liberal bias crap. Even if he is liberal, you attacked and brought more politics into something that wasn't needed. Good job.

Try digging deeper into what sentences mean, I was referring to your point of view of how liberals "think", not your take on MJ legalization. Sure, the whole world doesn't have to agree but guess what??? Just because you don't agree doesn't mean that something that is LESS HARMFUL than alcohol should be illegal.

I don't like tobacco, I think it's gross and that it's horrible for your health and people should take no part in it, but guess what? I also don't think it should be illegal.

Trump also noted he is for expansion of medical Mary Jane use, which, of course what all the advocates only really wanted a few years ago.

Let me guess? You're not for legalizing MJ?

I don't care either way but I laugh at all the pot heads that say they only want to legalize MEDICAL MJ, when those with level heads can see right thru what they really want (legalize ALL pot use).

I don't care either way but I laugh at all the pot heads that say they only want to legalize MEDICAL MJ, when those with level heads can see right thru what they really want (legalize ALL pot use).

It's called being strategic. You take things one step at a time. You're right in I'm sure most people can see right through it, luckily, most people don't seem to mind nowadays.

Also - just because people smoke - does not mean they are pot heads. Is everyone who drinks an alcoholic?

Jesus. Let's make this really simple: states have laws that they can and do pass. They retain those rights. The Feds can also pass laws applicable to their delegation of power.

There are existing laws on the books regarding weed at the federal level. Regardless of what you think of the law itself, the Feds must enforce the laws. If you don't like the law then lobby congress to change it.

kinda like guns right? Righties always say "if you don't like it don't get one, but I want mine" is this any different? MJ has no reason to be illegal yet it is. Alcohol was illegal once too, if it was suddenly illegal let me guess you'd be ok with that?

For the record I like guns and don't want them illegal. Just tired of the double standard. Abortions, birth control, weed should all be illegal but guns are totally cool.

kinda like guns right? Righties always say "if you don't like it don't get one, but I want mine" is this any different? MJ has no reason to be illegal yet it is. Alcohol was illegal once too, if it was suddenly illegal let me guess you'd be ok with that?

For the record I like guns and don't want them illegal. Just tired of the double standard. Abortions, birth control, weed should all be illegal but guns are totally cool.

Gun ownership is a right protected by the Constitution.
Abortion is murder.
Conservatives don't want to be forced to pay for birth control, not ban it.
Weed is the gateway drug.

Reactions: OmniKnight
Gun ownership is a right protected by the Constitution.
Abortion is murder.
Conservatives don't want to be forced to pay for birth control, not ban it.
Weed is the gateway drug.
Fair enough

Disagree on the gateway drug part but I see ur points.

Most hard drug user's didn't start by going straight to crack or heroin.

It's interesting: if you do a Google search on "is pot a gateway drug," you get split responses on the matter from reputable sources. I know plenty of tokers who never have dabbled in heroin or other hard drugs. Hell, we all probably have friends who smoke the shit regularly and don't do hard stuff. And we all have friends (but it's the vast minority) who started with dope and graduated to needles. A lot depends on the person, IMHO. I never had any desire to do drugs, and didn't. Of course, I used to hunt with guy who was DEA and he and my father made it clear they'd beat my ass if I ever did anything. That still sticks with me to this day.

On the other hand, I have seen the damage alcohol has done to some of my friends and family and it's perfectly legal.

Reactions: fabknight
It's interesting: if you do a Google search on "is pot a gateway drug," you get split responses on the matter from reputable sources. I know plenty of tokers who never have dabbled in heroin or other hard drugs. Hell, we all probably have friends who smoke the shit regularly and don't do hard stuff. And we all have friends (but it's the vast minority) who started with dope and graduated to needles. A lot depends on the person, IMHO. I never had any desire to do drugs, and didn't. Of course, I used to hunt with guy who was DEA and he and my father made it clear they'd beat my ass if I ever did anything. That still sticks with me to this day.

On the other hand, I have seen the damage alcohol has done to some of my friends and family and it's perfectly legal.

I agree with you. I think my thought on the gateway drug part is because it's illicit while alcohol is legal. That is a big differentiator in that alcohol is legal so it, I don't see it as a gateway in that it's socially acceptable and has been for thousands of years.

Weed on the other hand is illegal but becomes normalized in drug using subcultures where one may not see the potential negative effects if ever at all. This thought process gets projected to harder drugs hence the gateway.

Reactions: KnighttimeJoe
Yeah they started with beer maybe we should ban bud light

LOL. Like it or not, there is a difference between illegal drugs and what has been socially accepted for thousands of years. I suspect using weed has a more direct correlation and a potential indicator of potential hard drug use than the consumption of beer.

I agree with you. I think my thought on the gateway drug part is because it's illicit while alcohol is legal. That is a big differentiator in that alcohol is legal so it, I don't see it as a gateway in that it's socially acceptable and has been for thousands of years.

Weed on the other hand is illegal but becomes normalized in drug using subcultures where one may not see the potential negative effects if ever at all. This thought process gets projected to harder drugs hence the gateway.

Yeah, I can see your point. For some it can be a situation where it's, "dude, you like this stuff, now try this!!!" I guess I don't have a problem if it's legalized because then it becomes (or can become) socially acceptable as you said with alcohol.

And here's another thing: it shocks me how many people are addicted to prescription meds--another perfectly legal thing that, hell, even is PAID for (or sold, at least, at a greatly reduced cost) to people with specific plans. Some of that shit is known to produce addictions in people that align with those in really hard drugs. And yet it's all just fine and dandy. I hunt with a pharmacist who wishes oxy never was invented. He's been held up at gunpoint several times at his pharmacy (Orlando Pharmacy downtown) by pillheads wanting every oxy pill in the store. It's crazy.

Laws against potentially harmful substances constitute protection from self

The core function of guns is protection of self

Reactions: UCFWayne
So bt and fab pretty much owned this thread. They always speak a lot more eloquently and articulate than I do when I'm faux raging. Joe came in with his typical sitting on the fence, I above everyone troll bullshit. Bq tried his best to not get trolled by me but still fell for it. End of the day, a normal WC political thread.

Only a SAD! Trump lover could spin something like you do.

States rights are states rights. Fed rights are Fed rights. The Constitution clearly lays this out. Obama was wrong in saying pedophiles could go into girls bathrooms. Sessions is wrong in going after this pot bullshit. Keep the nasty smelling shit away from me and IDGAF what you do.

You talk about tolerance but all the left does is hate against anyone that disagrees with them. Keep the nasty shit away from people that don't like it. It's just like cigarette smokers. They spew their cancer ridden breath all over people and drop their nasty butts all over the place. Stop inconveniencing other people with your bullshit and they won't care what you do. I don't leave beer cans all over the place or spit beer into the air around people. I don't attack people that don't drink or don't think people should drink.

Get over yourself you self entitled ass and live your life the way you want, just don't fuk with other people living the way they want.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT