ADVERTISEMENT

Floridians, get out while its still legal

more pearl clutching and fear mongering from the far left. why would californias governor run an ad in florida anyway?

Because he is feeling out a presidential run.
lmao bro if you have to explain something that goddamn simple why are you wasting your time even replying? You are just going to have to bust out the crayons and dumb down every single response to the 1st grade reading comprehension level these MAGA cultists are used to hearing from their god-emperor.

• Haha
Reactions: Ucfmikes
Looks like we have a DeSantis nickname courtesy of Donald. Florida is now officially governed by "gutless Ron"!

2020 - $2800
2021 - $3800
2022 - $5500
fml. I live in the center of the state ffs.
It basically goes on assessed value. Since people aren’t selling their homes, we (me) are all screwed. Housing prices are increasing, so whether you’re buying or selling, you’re in the same boat. The only out is moving to a crappy state with low housing prices

Reactions: Knight_Light
2020 - $2800
2021 - $3800
2022 - $5500
fml. I live in the center of the state ffs.
You are leaving out a couple of pieces of important information.

Average home price
April 2020 - $300,812
April 2021 - $362,439
April 2022 - $438,880.

State Income Tax
2020 - 0
2021 - 0
2022 - 0

Property tax exemptions for seniors, veterans, and everyone else.

And one more piece of data:

“At a 0.83% average effective property tax rate, property taxes in Florida rank below the national average, which currently stands at 1.07%.”

Reactions: Knight_Light
You are leaving out a couple of pieces of important information.

Average home price
April 2020 - $300,812
April 2021 - $362,439
April 2022 - $438,880.

State Income Tax
2020 - 0
2021 - 0
2022 - 0

Property tax exemptions for seniors, veterans, and everyone else.

And one more piece of data:

“At a 0.83% average effective property tax rate, property taxes in Florida rank below the national average, which currently stands at 1.07%.”

While I don't disagree, my home has increased by ~36% according to zillow. My insurance 96% in the same time frame. Quite the disparity.

While I don't disagree, my home has increased by ~36% according to zillow. My insurance 96% in the same time frame. Quite the disparity.
Zillow and the property assessor’s office aren’t looking at the same things for valuation. Also, I don’t think the counties do full assessments of every property every year, which means that you may be undervalued for a bit and the catch up in one year.

You home has lost 36% of value since 2020? Did it burn down?
You shouldn't put your ignorance on display like this.
Zillow and the property assessor’s office aren’t looking at the same things for valuation. Also, I don’t think the counties do full assessments of every property every year, which means that you may be undervalued for a bit and the catch up in one year.
Are we talking about the same thing? I'm complaining about homeowners insurance not property taxes (though I have a lot to complain about there as well I think that has damn near doubled too). By your argument, my home value increase is likely less than 36% and my point about the increases not tracking together still stands. And I'm fully aware zillow doesn't dictate value but it is a metric.

You home has lost 36% of value since 2020? Did it burn down?
I think you may be mistaking the approximate symbol " ~ " with the negative/minus symbol " - "

Not sure if the knighttimejoe guy is laughing with you or at you... Either way, it's an easy mistake to make... You guys can dook it out 😎👍

Are we talking about the same thing? I'm complaining about homeowners insurance not property taxes (though I have a lot to complain about there as well I think that has damn near doubled too). By your argument, my home value increase is likely less than 36% and my point about the increases not tracking together still stands. And I'm fully aware zillow doesn't dictate value but it is a metric.
I've spoken with a few home and car insurance reps about rate increases. Home insurance companies are vacating the state, and reps from both product lines have indicated "inflation" is causing rate increases, of all things.

These are some of the downstream effects few consider with policy decisions that seem popular / favorable in the short term.

And don't follow the media narrative of "Putin" is to blame, that is simply embarrassing.

I think you may be mistaking the approximate symbol " ~ " with the negative/minus symbol " - "

Not sure if the knighttimejoe guy is laughing with you or at you... Either way, it's an easy mistake to make... You guys can dook it out 😎👍
Why you so obsessed with me, bro?

I was laughing near him. He made a minor mistake.

I thought we were on property taxes. So no, not the same thing. Although the insurance goes up by insured value too but I’m no expert on that industry.

Your property is made up of both land and building value. For property insurance you must insure a certain percentage of the replacement cost for the building. Construction costs for building have increased at a larger percentage than land values since 2019 due to material and labor costs. So just looking at the entirety of a Zillow valuation doesn’t take this into account. With that said Florida has increased property insurance rates due to the number of roof claims. Our state alone makes up the vast majority of overall property insurance claims in the country.

and Florida is now one of the most expensive States to rent and buy in now and buy in now governed by the Right for over 20 years.
It's called supply and demand....Millions want to MOVE HERE because it's a better run state compared to where they are currently living in (mostly up north).

• Haha
Reactions: NinjaKnight
It's called supply and demand....Millions want to MOVE HERE because it's a better run state compared to where they are currently living in (mostly up north).
People are moving there because of weather and because it is (was) cheaper than a lot of other places. It has nothing to do with being a better run state, because it isnt. The problem Florida is going to have, not unlike Austin, Nashville, and any other places where people have been moving to in droves, is that the cost of living is already going up a lot. Florida is now the least affordable state in the country when comparing cost of living with wages. Something is going to have to give at some point or long time residents of Florida are going to be forced out.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
It has nothing to do with being a better run state, because it isnt.
There is definitely a substantial subset of people who have told me that’s the reason. Maybe it’s perception, but it’s on the list

Something is going to have to give at some point or long time residents of Florida are going to be forced out.
They are just going to be forced out. Most Floridians that work can’t compete with even retired New Yorkers and Californians who are paying $500,000 cash for a home that was listed at $475,000.

That home was worth $250,000- $300,000. They can easily outbid a Floridian because they just sold one for $800,000+ with higher taxes and utilities

There is definitely a substantial subset of people who have told me that’s the reason. Maybe it’s perception, but it’s on the list

They are just going to be forced out. Most Floridians that work can’t compete with even retired New Yorkers and Californians who are paying $500,000 cash for a home that was listed at $475,000.

That home was worth $250,000- $300,000. They can easily outbid a Floridian because they just sold one for $800,000+ with higher taxes and utilities

They might have told you that, but there are GOP run states all over this country that are ran in a similar fashion to Florida, but they dont have year round warm weather and beaches. That is the difference in Florida than other GOP states. From a govt standpoint, how much different is FLorida to TN or Alabama or even places like Kansas? Probably not that much of a difference. The difference is Kansas has shitty weather and wheat fields, where has Florida has year round warm weather and beaches.

Yes. that is happening in my city too. People bid on a house and someone else, often times a hedgefund or some type of investment firm, will bid sometimes in the hundreds of thousands over asking, basically shutting out average people who actually live and work here, from being able to buy a home. It is already a problem, but if something isnt done about it, it is going to be a major problem going forward.

I honestly wonder if your life is easier or more difficult due to your absolute stupidity.

They might have told you that, but there are GOP run states all over this country that are ran in a similar fashion to Florida, but they dont have year round warm weather and beaches. That is the difference in Florida than other GOP states. From a govt standpoint, how much different is FLorida to TN or Alabama or even places like Kansas? Probably not that much of a difference. The difference is Kansas has shitty weather and wheat fields, where has Florida has year round warm weather and beaches.

Yes. that is happening in my city too. People bid on a house and someone else, often times a hedgefund or some type of investment firm, will bid sometimes in the hundreds of thousands over asking, basically shutting out average people who actually live and work here, from being able to buy a home. It is already a problem, but if something isnt done about it, it is going to be a major problem going forward.
Florida is currently a moderately run state. The population centers are mostly run by democratic mayors. The statewide elections are close to 50/50. So there are usually not any extreme policy. Though with the redistricting the GOP is seeking a supermajority in the legislature. People are moving here because they can work remote and no longer need to pile on top of each other in New York City or California.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
We are the best tho

This kind of shit happens everywhere but other states don’t have the same open records laws that Florida has. So all our crazies are public knowledge.

Florida is currently a moderately run state. The population centers are mostly run by democratic mayors. The statewide elections are close to 50/50. So there are usually not any extreme policy. Though with the redistricting the GOP is seeking a supermajority in the legislature. People are moving here because they can work remote and no longer need to pile on top of each other in New York City or California.

Currently it is moderately run, but certainly not trending that way, especially if Desantis wins a 2nd term (which I expect he will). And you are correct, but that still goes to the beaches and weather. THere are far less crowded states people could move to where they dont have to live on top of people, but most of those states have cold winters and no beaches.

Currently it is moderately run, but certainly not trending that way, especially if Desantis wins a 2nd term (which I expect he will). And you are correct, but that still goes to the beaches and weather. THere are far less crowded states people could move to where they dont have to live on top of people, but most of those states have cold winters and no beaches.
Ronnie only has another year, basically, before he starts running for/wins the presidency.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT