ADVERTISEMENT

Floridians, get out while its still legal

Ronnie only has another year, basically, before he starts running for/wins the presidency.
I don't think he is anywhere close to being a shoe in for the presidency. I think there are polls that show he would even lose to Harris at this point. Obviously we are a long way from 24 and things can change, but I'm not sure he is as strong a candidate as the GOP and their talking heads think he is.

I don't think he is anywhere close to being a shoe in for the presidency. I think there are polls that show he would even lose to Harris at this point. Obviously we are a long way from 24 and things can change, but I'm not sure he is as strong a candidate as the GOP and their talking heads think he is.
Dude, if you believe any poll that has Harris defeating anyone, you have a screw loose.

I don't think he is anywhere close to being a shoe in for the presidency.
You don't win the Presidency by playing to the party's batsh*t crazies. The stunts that are making him 'so adorable' to many of our Usual Suspects will be used against him in a general election.

Just gonna leave this one here so we all know what to expect for the next 2.25 years.

Just gonna leave this one here so we all know what to expect for the next 2.25 years.

DeSantis can be downright scary. Definitely too volatile to lead this country. Moreso than Trump in a lot ways and because he has a political background, he’s going to be involved in everything. He has really strong views and nobody is really sure of his motives

You don't win the Presidency by playing to the party's batsh*t crazies. The stunts that are making him 'so adorable' to many of our Usual Suspects will be used against him in a general election.
Unfortunately trump proved that you do in fact win the presidency by pandering to the batshit crazy people.

Every sane person in the world legitimately thought trump was a joke candidate. We VASTLY underestimated the stupidity of the average American voter.

This is a real photo from Trump's rally (why the fúck is he even holding rallies still?). This is not photoshopped.

These people are in a cult.

This is the face of mental illness.

It's called supply and demand....Millions want to MOVE HERE because it's a better run state compared to where they are currently living in (mostly up north).
Wrong . It mostly proves that it is people hating cold weather and it isn’t as idelogocal as many have tried to point to with California. Florida is just going through what California did years ago

Wrong . It mostly proves that it is people hating cold weather and it isn’t as idelogocal as many have tried to point to with California. Florida is just going through what California did years ago
Ah...I see...it was only till 2 years ago that people found out that FL has warm winters. Got it!

Ah...I see...it was only till 2 years ago that people found out that FL has warm winters. Got it!
when WFH became permanent for many companies it makes the decision easier

also several Florida cities have ‘grown up’ and are much more appealing than they were years ago for Millennials. Tampa being a good example

No, like poolside and jeremy said, said it has more to do with remote work. Everyone has known FLorida has warm winters, thats why retired people have been moving down there for decades, because work is no longer an issue for them. Now, with remote work, it makes it easier for a lot of younger people to move there as well.

No, like poolside and jeremy said, said it has more to do with remote work. Everyone has known FLorida has warm winters, thats why retired people have been moving down there for decades, because work is no longer an issue for them. Now, with remote work, it makes it easier for a lot of younger people to move there as well.
Realtor.com seems to think you’re both right.

If give more weight to 6 times as many remote workers as pre pandemic than I would “Covid restrictions” which were short term and pretty much gone everywhere now.

Yeah I dont think it has much to do with covid restrictions, there are plenty of places that took a similar approach to Florida with regards to covid, and that is mostly over now anyway. People moving to the south has been a trend for years now though, especially cities in the south. Florida probably has more growth as a state, but Austin, Nashville, Charlotte, etc have had large amounts of people moving there over the last decade or so. I think what happens, is people look for cheaper places to live, especially without terrible winters, , then when those places become expensive, the next group looks for different places. Some of this is just that its "Florida's turn" in the rotation of booming southern cities/states. Of course these places arent cheap anymore so its kind of a catch 22.

Realtor.com seems to think you’re both right.

I have heard this several times in the past few weeks just asking people who have recently moved here. It’s always been hot and sunny here and now it’s less affordable than ever

Meanwhile, conservative-leaning folks are deciding to leave liberal enclaves in California and New York for this red state in search of less restrictive COVID-19

Imagine being so goddamn stupid you think anywhere in the US had "covid restrictions" 😂😂😂

Imagine being so goddamn stupid you think anywhere in the US had "covid restrictions" 😂😂😂
Certainly there were things that we closed or limited 2 years ago. I’m not sure what is meant by “restrictions” in reference to any current migration trends though.

DeSantis can be downright scary. Definitely too volatile to lead this country. Moreso than Trump in a lot ways and because he has a political background, he’s going to be involved in everything. He has really strong views and nobody is really sure of his motives
bc Trump wasn’t in Government he didn’t have this type of stuff on his record. micro managing our Public Universities

bc Trump wasn’t in Government he didn’t have this type of stuff on his record. micro managing our Public Universities

This type of stuff is why I dont think he will end up being president. He plays too much to the far right. Most people in this country are moderate, maybe right or left leaning, but still moderate. This might work in some states, but I have a hard time seeing most of the country looking at this stuff and deciding this is what they want as president.

Reactions: UCFloridaTech
It is too far out to know anything at this point. We really don't even know what the deciding issues will be 2 years from now.

It is too far out to know anything at this point. We really don't even know what the deciding issues will be 2 years from now.
We don't?

This type of stuff is why I dont think he will end up being president. He plays too much to the far right. Most people in this country are moderate, maybe right or left leaning, but still moderate. This might work in some states, but I have a hard time seeing most of the country looking at this stuff and deciding this is what they want as president.
What makes you think concern about CRT is just a far-right thing?

What makes you think concern about CRT is just a far-right thing?
First off, CRT isn't even a thing beyond a graduate-level sociology theory.
However, a right-wing hate monger, Christopher Rufo, turned it into The Far Right's new boogieman on the Fox News channel.

The catch phrase became a fresh, new approach for racists to hide behind the mask of "Concerned Parent" to rail against ANYTHING smacking of 'diversity' in our schools.

My State had a candidate for Governor who came out with TV ads telling our fair citizens that if his opponent was elected, we'd start seeing "CRT"....(cue ominous drumroll...) taught in our ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS!!!

I don't know what's worse -- that politicians resort to this kind of dog-whistle bullsh*t, or that there are a hell of a lot of people in this country who eat it up.

First off, CRT isn't even a thing beyond a graduate-level sociology theory.
However, a right-wing hate monger, Christopher Rufo, turned it into The Far Right's new boogieman on the Fox News channel.

The catch phrase became a fresh, new approach for racists to hide behind the mask of "Concerned Parent" to rail against ANYTHING smacking of 'diversity' in our schools.

My State had a candidate for Governor who came out with TV ads telling our fair citizens that if his opponent was elected, we'd start seeing "CRT"....(cue ominous drumroll...) taught in our ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS!!!

I don't know what's worse -- that politicians resort to this kind of dog-whistle bullsh*t, or that there are a hell of a lot of people in this country who eat it up.
It's race baiting. Republicans are just putting a new spin on the southern strategy.

It's race baiting. Republicans are just putting a new spin on the southern strategy.
Do you really believe this? That all of the moms and parents that are worried about the CRT-related things that have been introduced into schools are just racist white supremacists?

Do you really believe this? That all of the moms and parents that are worried about the CRT-related things that have been introduced into schools are just racist white supremacists?

What CRT things have been introduced to schools? (and no, I dont mean a teacher here or there that does something, I mean curriculum based stuff). I think they are being duped by a party whose only intention is to help their donors, so they have to keep coming up with boogeymen to scare middle class people into voting for them. Republicans have done this for decades, this is just the updated spin on it. Not to mention, demonizing public schools also makes it easier for them to appease their donors with charter schools.

Reactions: DaShuckster
What CRT things have been introduced to schools? (and no, I dont mean a teacher here or there that does something, I mean curriculum based stuff). I think they are being duped by a party whose only intention is to help their donors, so they have to keep coming up with boogeymen to scare middle class people into voting for them. Republicans have done this for decades, this is just the updated spin on it. Not to mention, demonizing public schools also makes it easier for them to appease their donors with charter schools.
We had this discussion already. It wasn’t productive because you refuse to believe that Anti-racist and CRT ideologies and materials are being introduced to schools. If you want to know, go back and find the stuff provided earlier. Or stay in your bubble where you just believe that all things outside your bubble are stupid and/or evil.

We had this discussion already. It wasn’t productive because you refuse to believe that Anti-racist and CRT ideologies and materials are being introduced to schools. If you want to know, go back and find the stuff provided earlier. Or stay in your bubble where you just believe that all things outside your bubble are stupid and/or evil.
You could always opt out of the anti-racism materials and choose to home school.

You could always opt out of the anti-racism materials and choose to home school.
Yes, this is true. This is a democracy, right? Public institutions are supposed to serve the people? So the people should get to debate this at school board forums and in the democratically-elected legislatures and have an effect on curriculum. I mean, that’s assuming you lefties actually give a rat’s ass about democracy.

Yes, this is true. This is a democracy, right? Public institutions are supposed to serve the people? So the people should get to debate this at school board forums and in the democratically-elected legislatures and have an effect on curriculum. I mean, that’s assuming you lefties actually give a rat’s ass about democracy.
It’s not a democracy, it’s a republic. Also the government doesn’t generally dictate exact curriculum topics. Other than certain parties restricting topics.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT