ADVERTISEMENT

Formal Trump Impeachment Inquiry

I don't think the Democrats realize that the US Media -- indirectly -- is not their friend. I mean, trying to ban Trump from Twitter is just going to rally people to Trump ... even me. Even staunch Trump supporters I know hate Trump's Twitter feed.

The Democrats would not only be doing Republicans (who want Trump off of Twitter) a favor, while it would also look like censorship and rally me to the view of Trump at the same time.

First off, I don't care if you think I am unethical person, you don't know me, and I don't know you. Stick to the topic.

Second off, to paraphrase Jake Tapper interviewing Jim Jordan this weekend, if you want to make a law that family members of politicians can't engage in certain businesses or hold certain positions, then make laws against it. Until you do that, then even if it looks shady, it doesn't equate to being a crime. Trust me, I think Ivanka and Jared having positions in our government is unethical as hell, but that in and of itself isn't a crime.
But it is when daddy threatens to withhold American tax payer money unless a prosecutor who is investigating said crack head son’s company is fired.

Reactions: btbones
But it is when daddy threatens to withhold American tax payer money unless a prosecutor who is investigating said crack head son’s company is fired.

That isn't what happened. The prosecutor WASNT investigating the company. The Obama administration, many nations in the EU, anti- corruption groups in Ukraine etc, wanted this attorney gone because he wasn't doing enough to stop corruption, and he was slow walking the investigation regarding this company and others.

Reactions: DaShuckster
I like how my post showing that the NYT story about Australia is bullshit got not one peep from the people cheerleading the NYT fake news story.

Reactions: UCFWayne and UCFBS
That isn't what happened. The prosecutor WASNT investigating the company. The Obama administration, many nations in the EU, anti- corruption groups in Ukraine etc, wanted this attorney gone because he wasn't doing enough to stop corruption, and he was slow walking the investigation regarding this company and others.
Of you believe Rudy, he has a signed affidavit from Shokin saying that the investigation was actually open when Biden made his threat.

Of you believe Rudy, he has a signed affidavit from Shokin saying that the investigation was actually open when Biden made his threat.

It was open, but was he actively working on it? Again, the problem with him was that he wasn't doing enough to stem corruption. The Obama administration accused him of slow walking the investigation into Burisma. So even if the investigation was technically open, was he actually doing any work towards it?

Shokin claimed in May 2019 that he had been investigating Burisma Holdings.[27][28][29][30] However, Vitaliy Kasko, who had been Shokin's deputy overseeing international cooperation before resigning in February 2016 citing corruption in the office, provided documents to Bloomberg News indicating that under Shokin, the investigation into Burisma had been dormant.[31] Also, the investigation into Burisma only pertained to events happening before Hunter Biden joined the company.[32]

It was open, but was he actively working on it? Again, the problem with him was that he wasn't doing enough to stem corruption. The Obama administration accused him of slow walking the investigation into Burisma. So even if the investigation was technically open, was he actually doing any work towards it?

Shokin claimed in May 2019 that he had been investigating Burisma Holdings.[27][28][29][30] However, Vitaliy Kasko, who had been Shokin's deputy overseeing international cooperation before resigning in February 2016 citing corruption in the office, provided documents to Bloomberg News indicating that under Shokin, the investigation into Burisma had been dormant.[31] Also, the investigation into Burisma only pertained to events happening before Hunter Biden joined the company.[32]
Nice retraction.

I like how my post showing that the NYT story about Australia is bullshit got not one peep from the people cheerleading the NYT fake news story.

Same here with pointing out that the clearly corrupt CEO of Burisma not only got his travel ban lifted but also got a billion dollars worth of aid deposited into the bank he owns.

Biden: fire the guy that isn't investigating the corrupt guy enough.

Also Biden: hey, would the corrupt guy be interested in a billion dollar deposit into his bank for Ukrainian aid?

Nothing to see here.

Reactions: UCFWayne
Wrong, and proven false. It was an active investigation until January of 2017.

Wrong, and proven false. It was an active investigation until January of 2017.

That was after Shokin, the dude who was supposed to be investigating it, was removed. He left in 2016. He was accused of NOT investigating, hence why he was removed (or one of the reasons anyway).

On 16 February 2016, Shokin submitted a letter of resignation,[15] although the next day an official of the prosecution office stated, "As far as I know he has taken a paid leave".[16] On 19 February 2016 presidential press secretary Sviatoslav Tsegolko wrote on Twitter that the presidential administration had received an official letter of resignation from Shokin.[17] On 16 March 2016 an official of the prosecution office stated that Shokin had resumed his work.[4] On 28 March, protesters called for Shokin's firing, after his office was approved to investigate the Anticorruption Action Center organization that had previously criticized him.[18] Shokin was formally dismissed in a parliamentary vote on 29 March 2016.[19] The European Union praised Shokin's dismissal due to a "lack of tangible results" of his office's investigations, and also because people in Shokin's office were themselves being investigated.[20] Following his dismissal Shokin went into retirement.[21]

Last edited:
Why have the house dems changed the rules where no republican house member can attend the questioning of witnesses? The house dems are allowed to have two reps while only a single republican staffer can attend?

Crap like this is why it’s obvious this is nothing more than a political hit job.

Reactions: UCFWayne
Same here with pointing out that the clearly corrupt CEO of Burisma not only got his travel ban lifted but also got a billion dollars worth of aid deposited into the bank he owns.

Biden: fire the guy that isn't investigating the corrupt guy enough.

Also Biden: hey, would the corrupt guy be interested in a billion dollar deposit into his bank for Ukrainian aid?

Nothing to see here.

People like @fried-chicken and Shookster don't give a shit about what's true or not; they find these little nuggets they think are super awesome, throw them around, then leave when it's totally refuted and discredited.

ADVERTISEMENT