ADVERTISEMENT

Future Football Schedule Alert!

This is great news. I'd like to see a Boise State rivalry come about. I'm not sure what their future schedule looks like but I think both fan bases would be pleased.

The Boise road game is set up well for a buyout/cancellation. I'd love to pull a P5 move on them.

Boise home games are real hard to watch on t.v.

You just need a pair of these..........
:joy:

Lq2R7o.png

Nah 2025 and 2027 are home and home. 2020 is part of the 2018 and 2020 home for home. 2018 was there and cancelled due to hurricane

Yes technically not a 2 for 1 but after our away game was cancelled they come here 2 times vs 1 away for us..........they could have very easily renegotiated that and evened it out.....

Reactions: firm_bizzle
**Unpopular opinion**
Don’t love the scheduling here. Sure, BYU or BSU is better than FIU or FAU. But if we want to compete for championships, we need to beat the big boys. Schedule a 2 for 1 with Texas, OU, Michigan, Ohio State... some team with brand recognition. Schedule a 1 and neutral. We just need a statement game. Just one per year. This new schedule helps us complete for NY6 bowls, not championships.

Reactions: OvilleNative
**Unpopular opinion**
Don’t love the scheduling here. Sure, BYU or BSU is better than FIU or FAU. But if we want to compete for championships, we need to beat the big boys. Schedule a 2 for 1 with Texas, OU, Michigan, Ohio State... some team with brand recognition. Schedule a 1 and neutral. We just need a statement game. Just one per year. This new schedule helps us complete for NY6 bowls, not championships.

Sounds like you have not listened to jack shit from AD DW on this topic......

#UDontGetit

**Unpopular opinion**

Pass. If Clemson or Alabama calls then we can consider it but adding it for the others wouldn’t help and taking away a home game really hurts.

**Unpopular opinion**
Statement game can be the NY6 Bowl. Let them wonder how good we are till then.

Last edited:
Reactions: ReturnOf
If I were Danny White I'd be shying away from 2-for-1s as well, but I'd be doing everything I can to get a 1-off game in the very near future with a big boy, preferably a neutral site, but even if it has to be a neutral site in their neck of the woods, or heck I might even take a straight 1-off road game, to try and capitalize on the current momentum the program has to try and get a statement victory. Maybe 2021, Looking at who may have an open spot, something like maybe playing Texas A&M in Houston I think would make a lot of sense.

Does everyone clamoring for road games against the best teams understand that it is very difficult to win on the road? Pitt this year, Memphis last year, SMU and Navy in 2017. None of these teams are close to top teams and we had trouble with them all on the road. The odds of beating a top team on the road are slim to none. Alabama, Oklahoma, Ohio State, Clemson, etc. haven’t lost home games in years. A neutral site would be a better deal, but UCF has played plenty of one off road games against big name teams with zero success.

Reactions: PowerEye101
The p5 cartel wont schedule us so i have said all along we should dump the dead weight (uconn, tulsa, ecu, usf) and add proven commodities like boise, byu, army, air force. Make the american a four time zone conference for exposure where the winner emerges as the undisputed g5 champ to take on a cartel team

Niice!! assuming no injury, freshman phenom Hank Bachmeier will be a junior in 2021, and Boise will most likely be ranked. No way bias media can say Boise having a down year.

The p5 cartel wont schedule us so i have said all along we should dump the dead weight (uconn, tulsa, ecu, usf) and add proven commodities like boise, byu, army, air force. Make the american a four time zone conference for exposure where the winner emerges as the undisputed g5 champ to take on a cartel team
We aren't going to dump "deadweight" programs, but it's possible that one or two more without the will and means to compete will slink out the back door like Yukon is doing. Tulsa has a huge endowment but are severely cash strapped and are stuck with the smallest enrollment in FBS. The long term impact of full cost of attendance might be the push they need to join a lower level regional conference. That would solve the uneven divisions in football issue, boost the conference RPI, and not dilute the tv budget like adding a new member would.

I think the Boise game is a very exciting addition. Top G5 vs top G5, battle for the NY6! Who knows, if we're both ranked maybe Game Day will come again.
One will probably eliminate the other with a loss

Sounds like you have not listened to jack shit from AD DW on this topic......

#UDontGetit
DW has said his philosophy is 1 FCS, 1G5 and 2P5s every year. He's so far scheduled 1P5 for 21' and none for 23'. I don't like this either, seems as if we're giving up scheduling P5.

DW has said his philosophy is 1 FCS, 1G5 and 2P5s every year. He's so far scheduled 1P5 for 21' and none for 23'. I don't like this either, seems as if we're giving up scheduling P5.
P5s aren’t going to play us until we aren’t a near guaranteed loss for them. Particularly the lower P5 teams.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
I really don't think being in the playoff is DW's goal. To me the playoff chatter is just a distraction.; a way to keep us in the limelight; Being the top G5 is the main goal so when the game of musical chairs starts again for realignment we are a bran, we have a following; we have facilities, we have season ticket holders. We want to be next in line. If we take 2-1s we hurt our chances. the current scheduling system works for us. If we get the opportunity for a one off or neutral site game against a real blue blood DW will take it. But he is not going to sell out

I really don't think being in the playoff is DW's goal. To me the playoff chatter is just a distraction.; a way to keep us in the limelight; Being the top G5 is the main goal so when the game of musical chairs starts again for realignment we are a bran, we have a following; we have facilities, we have season ticket holders. We want to be next in line. If we take 2-1s we hurt our chances. the current scheduling system works for us. If we get the opportunity for a one off or neutral site game against a real blue blood DW will take it. But he is not going to sell out
I keep on looking at the ACC and Big12 expansion and don't see them as being financially motivated to take in UCF. So I agree with DW just as he is struggling with scheduling P5 games, I don't see one of them (P5s) approaching UCF. Besides a better CFP system is better for ALL of college football, not just us.

Reactions: KnightLife1
I keep on looking at the ACC and Big12 expansion and don't see them as being financially motivated to take in UCF. So I agree with DW just as he is struggling with scheduling P5 games, I don't see one of them (P5s) approaching UCF. Besides a better CFP system is better for ALL of college football, not just us.

CFB has become like pro football, only 32 or so teams matter. Fans of CFB can choose any team to cheer for as long as it is one of those 32. Alumni of those 32 teams want access to the championship to themselves. The other 100 teams are filler/warm up games for the Big Boys. All 32 teams are expected to win 10+ games/year in order to keep alumni happy. This worked fine in 1950.

Reactions: Knight Strength

Wrong.......2023 schedule is not complete but does in fact include BYU who is considered a P5 school.......

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT