ADVERTISEMENT

Future Football Schedule Alert!

Isn’t UConn desperate for games though? Why $1 million

Yes...UCONN is desperate for games. But, for all we know, UCF may be desperate to fill spots as well.

I would imagine by now that all P5 possibilities have been exhausted, or another P5 game would be on the schedule. That leaves two options for scheduling a G5 team...

1. Home and Home
2. One and done buy game at UCF. $1 million seems to be the minimum going rate for a G5 to play one and done away.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
Yes...UCONN is desperate for games. But, for all we know, UCF may be desperate to fill spots as well.

I would imagine by now that all P5 possibilities have been exhausted, or another P5 game would be on the schedule. That leaves two options for scheduling a G5 team...

1. Home and Home
2. One and done buy game at UCF. $1 million seems to be the minimum going rate for a G5 to play one and done away.
I think it is more that UCF jumped at the opportunity to get an FBS school to come for a buy game with no return trip and allow UCF to have 7 home games each of the next 3 seasons.

I think it is more that UCF jumped at the opportunity to get an FBS school to come for a buy game with no return trip and allow UCF to have 7 home games each of the next 3 seasons.

Who cares about 7 trash games. Just fleecing the flock. This has backfired already once.

I would pay more for 6 games with two P5 than 7 trash games.

Who cares about 7 trash games. Just fleecing the flock. This has backfired already once.

Sure, go ahead and go out and find a P5 school with common open dates that is willing to schedule UCF home and home. Obviously you think you can do it better than Danny White.

Sure, go ahead and go out and find a P5 school with common open dates that is willing to schedule UCF home and home. Obviously you think you can do it better than Danny White.

I can do better than paying UConn $1M, no doubt.

Almost anyone is better than UConn.

Have we ever had 2 P5 home games since joining a conference? I know we have 2 coming up in 2022. If anything this game gives us more flexibility when scheduling with P5 teams.

As an Orlando resident, I casually follow our local sports teams. UCF football has worked really hard to build a good program, and seemed well on their way. The unprecedented success the last few seasons has really put UCF in position to be a national player. I think the major obstacle to taking the next step has to do with scheduling. I’m no AD, but as a sports fan, nothing builds excitement like playing games against name brand competition. I realize that revenue is a driving force, but I think sometimes you have to sacrifice a little to get to where you want to be. I’m not sure what the right formula is, but I see a team like USF willing to schedule the 2 for 1 games with power teams, while the UCF AD shies away from that formula. Do hardcore UCF fans prefer to play North Carolina, BYU and Boise home and home, or some 2 for 1’s with perennial top 20 teams? Undefeated seasons and the talk of national championships is a rare occurrence. I think a 9 win season with the occasional win over a name brand opponent would be more exciting than a 10 win season that doesn’t include any real resume building big games. If the goal is to sniff the top 25 periodically then I guess the AD’s formula is ok. Otherwise, it seems to me that the AD has miscalculated, and presumed UCF will be near unbeatable every season and should be in the national title hunt regardless of the strength of schedule. I don’t believe a few great seasons against AAC competition with the sprinkling in of middle of the road power 5 teams warrants the AD’s attitude that the top power teams owe UCF home and home series. If the fans want those marquee games they need to let the AD know. My read of this board doesn’t seem to indicate that desire. Hopefully UCF fans and boosters can push the AD to bend a little and line up some exciting opportunities.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT