ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread

Ok so Brown’s not exactly Brady either. Good runner but our QBs can’t hit the side of a barn tonight.
It’s Gus’ play calling scheme. He never uses the middle of the field or creates routes to get receivers in space. It’s always a sideline jump ball throw. This is why we will never come from behind to win a game because there is no emphasis put on the passing game

I've got a buck on the under at 63.5 points. Glad UCF didn't get that TD there! At 60 points right now. Now I'm pulling for no more scoring!

When was the last time we actually played a complete game? Good passing, smart running, held onto the ball and no interceptions. Defense stopped the run and did not give up any easy touchdowns. 2017?

Reactions: Guinness_Knight
So far running game looks great. Jefferson looks awful.
Never thought I would say this, can I have Plumlee back
KJ looks very very bad but only the first drive
He looked terrible the entire night. He didn't even seem like he wanted to play. Just going through the motions. Never thought I would say this but can I have JRP back?

Sorry but you're delusional if you think Gus will ever change QB. the only charce we have is he wakes up or the only way we get a new QB is if this one can't play, physically.
Thinking this too, unfortunately. I don't see anything wrong with putting another guy in so early (game 2) if we don't see improvement in KG. Gus will screw up by keeping him on with with no improvement until game 5.

Reactions: Knight59
After sleeping on it...

I like what KJ said in the post game presser, that no negativity was on the sideline. As long as this forum and social media debbie downer syndrome doesn't contaminate the team's locker room I think we will be fine. Gus, probably stuck with a vanilla game plan on purpose.

KJ really did not look good at all. Some flashes of brilliance but his Qb grade has to be very low. That interception...wtf...open your eyes...nothing there.

Jacurri was a little sharper in the 4th, but he was playing against an exhausted UNH defense. That fumble...geezus...wtf...don't be that guy.

It's interesting that we won by 54 points and are not happy. I'm sure people waking up this morning are looking at the scoreboard and saying wow UCF must be good. However, we all know what we witnessed. They gotta clean up the Qb work.

Darin Hinshaw...DO YOUR JOB... (in Lee Hunters voice)... Your Qb's weren't all that in Game 1.

Sharper than KJ. I thought his passing was although the numbers don't show that. Overall, UCF QB play HAS TO IMPROVE.

You can't look at the stats. In my opinion he looked sharper. But, again 4th quarter and UNH defense were super tired and probably playing back ups as well.

I know we won by 54 and should be happy but last year we opened up beating Kent State by 50 points and I thought that team/QB looked a hell of a lot better. After that we proceeded to have a losing season and go 3-6 in conference. I don't want to be UM and win the offseason every year only to be let down by mediocre coaching and player development.

After sleeping on it...

I like what KJ said in the post game presser, that no negativity was on the sideline. As long as this forum and social media debbie downer syndrome doesn't contaminate the team's locker room I think we will be fine. Gus, probably stuck with a vanilla game plan on purpose.

KJ really did not look good at all. Some flashes of brilliance but his Qb grade has to be very low. That interception...wtf...open your eyes...nothing there.

Jacurri was a little sharper in the 4th, but he was playing against an exhausted UNH defense. That fumble...geezus...wtf...don't be that guy.

It's interesting that we won by 54 points and are not happy. I'm sure people waking up this morning are looking at the scoreboard and saying wow UCF must be good. However, we all know what we witnessed. They gotta clean up the Qb work.

Darin Hinshaw...DO YOUR JOB... (in Lee Hunters voice)... Your Qb's weren't all that in Game 1.
I literally saw receivers visibly upset KJ missed them so bad. It’s only going to get worse if he doesn’t put ball where receiver can get it.

Post game interview with Rj Harvey on ESPN+ as he walked off the field the question was the Receivers had to be frustrated on the number of touches they didn't get. Rj just kind of slide glanced at that comment and I forget what he said but it was an awkward question.
We all know QB play sucked last night. We know, they know, the espn announcers know, Marc Daniels knows and said some things, 4 alarm fire on Qb's is accurate..... Lets support this team and lets hope they make corrections.

Let's not be the common lowest denominator and get down on this team. YET. It's a long season and a ton of football in front of us.

Rice is 10 point favorites over Sam Houston on their first game Saturday night. Let's hope Sam Houston gives UCF another tune-up game before they travel to TCU. TCU plays tonight (Friday) against Stanford.

The ESPN+ coverage last night looked great. The crowd looked full and energetic. The lighting and chants were noticeable. I get to go to the game next Saturday night.

At least we know we can win games on Defense and Running. Just some improvement on passing is needed. We know that. :p

Lets Go Knights!

Reactions: U C to the F
UCF coach Gus Malzahn said. “First game is first game. We’re pretty vanilla. Sometimes when you are vanilla it is what it is, but we have a lot of things to build upon.”

Reactions: Robert0122
Malzahn would be a great Navy coach but instead of the triple option, he’d stick to his 4 running plays.

Does he have a true passing scheme at all? Besides the wheel route, it’s always a deep sideline jump ball!?

I understand now why he can’t recruit a top tier QB, what I dont understand is how he gets TE’s and WR’s to come here?

I’d love to see our passing scheme to look like Colorado’s. Quick receivers in space. Combine that with our RB room and we would be top tier.

UCF coach Gus Malzahn said. “First game is first game. We’re pretty vanilla. Sometimes when you are vanilla it is what it is, but we have a lot of things to build upon.”
WOW! He really said that? Dam good thing we have two scrimmages to start the season. I guess the days of playing big boy college football against another varsity team is gone. Unless you are say someone like Clemson playing Georgia right out of the gate...wait, maybe their game plan will be vanilla too. Will have to watch Saturday to find out.
Good grief!

WOW! He really said that? Dam good thing we have two scrimmages to start the season. I guess the days of playing big boy college football against another varsity team is gone. Unless you are say someone like Clemson playing Georgia right out of the gate...wait, maybe their game plan will be vanilla too. Will have to watch Saturday to find out.
Good grief!
Alright okay. It’s a new day and age in college football. All the teams that have won championships are player led. The teams that are successful are those that get better during the season. We still got to clean a few things up, but I think our guys are heading in the right direction.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT