ADVERTISEMENT

Gameday Bowl Thread!

Put on liberty vs Oregon, getting UCF vibes from liberty

45-6 😆 Liberty flamed out against Oregon as I predicted. More proof and reasons why the 12 team playoff will not include more G5 schools.

Reactions: Shark19
Best NYD ever?

Celebrate In Love GIF by Max

UCF's Cam Goode is about to play for a National Title. Good for him.
When I heard them mention his name coming through and stuffing a run play, I was like “hmm that sounds familiar” but didn’t realize that was him. Good for him, wish we kept him after his dominating performance against UF

I LOVE the fact that Michigan will be facing off against Washington.

The BCS worked!!!

Best two teams (save uGay) facing each other head-to-head for all the marbles.

We didn't need two playoff games. The best two teams were Nos. 1 and 2 after the championship Saturday.

EDIT: I may be one of the country's few fans, who hates playoff, but give me the BCS all day every day! It works.

EDIT 2: This is horsechit.

Last edited:
The fix is in man…ESPN never fails to protect their own

Edit: They can’t control TX not running better plays though. But they tried…

Championship Game pick...

Winner, winner. No chicken dinner!

TOP 8 FOODS THAT ARE CONSIDERED BAD LUCK FOR YOUR NEW YEAR
Ben Davis
Published: December 27, 2023

4. Chicken: Consuming chicken will allegedly make good fortune "fly away" and hinder progress in the future.

Last edited:
Washington almost threw the game away in the last 5 minutes. Really poor game/time management. Easily could have run off 2+ minutes if they ran the ball a few times. Instead, they repeatedly passed and had 3 incompletions in a row.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
Some great games. The Mich-bama to the end. I unfortunately fell asleep in 3rd quarter in Washington-Texas game but just watched the highlights.

Who you got on the game, Washington vs Michigan.

I've been a Washington fan all year. They win in tough situations. Michigan though, well coached and play tough. Will be an interesting game. Gonna lay some money on Washington more than likely just to make it interesting. Michigan is 4.5 favs.

Some great games. The Mich-bama to the end. I unfortunately fell asleep in 3rd quarter in Washington-Texas game but just watched the highlights.

Who you got on the game, Washington vs Michigan.

I've been a Washington fan all year. They win in tough situations. Michigan though, well coached and play tough. Will be an interesting game. Gonna lay some money on Washington more than likely just to make it interesting. Michigan is 4.5 favs.
I have a few thoughts.

No. 1, the BCS would have worked. The two best teams would have met in the final and the other bowl games would have been FAR more interesting if there were NO freaking playoffs.

No. 2, we are now in the phase of the playoffs I ABSOLUTELY HATE!!!! Both teams have to fly back and have little time to game plan, make adjustments, and/or heal up. Washington has a hurt tight end and hurt running back, will likely be more one dimensional, AND no longer has the "surprise" running QB threat that worked so well against Texas (because it's now on film and Michigan will be .) It would have been a more compelling and intriguing matchup, especially from an in-game coaching standpoint, if the BCS still existed and neither we, nor the opposing coaches, had seen either team or the game plans.) Now, the system favors the team with the most talent, not the best coaching.

MICHIGAN

No. 3, Michigan DEFINITELY knows Washington's signs. 🤣

No. 4, Washington was impressive. LSU may be the only SEC team that could beaten Washington. LSU could have jumped in press; mixed press, off man, and zone coverages; possibly pressured the quarterback using coverages; and matched Washington score for score. Not sure any other SEC team could have scored enough to have beaten Washington in one-game BCS championship game where both teams were healthy and had a month to prepare.

(BTW, Texas's defensive game plan was awful. It treated Washington's offense like any other opponent. Texas just lined up and played defense.)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT