ADVERTISEMENT

Gameday Thread

Go Knights!

Hey, the trolls are here because of jealousy. If we weren't so good, they wouldn't be here. And for a troll to go on to another teams board to try to bring them down, it shows they have no life. Even if from their Mom's basement.

This is our QB's 4th game. A redshirt freshman. Can't believe we are this close right now.

Ignore them. It’s easy to troll when your team cleaned out their lockers a month ago and you’ve had all that time to hate a winner. Still, you’d think even an inbred Arkansas fan would be able to come up with some remotely intelligent troll. Definitely a case for mandatory sterilization!

I think regardless what Mack does in the 2nd half you gotta bring in a grad transfer QB or something bigger if they are interested. He misses too many easy open WRs that stall this fast pace offense. Over a 12 game sample size that could risk conference games

Reactions: GoKnights2003
My biggest question is that if UCF does win, and then people start saying the LSU was down most their defensive back, will the same UCF fans who have been arguing that other AAC teams that have done poorly in these bowl games because they are missing players complain about people using LSU missing players as a stupid excuse? I just feel that whatever the outcome, these individuals should not be allowed to use a double standard.

Ok:

UCF Defense - good job containing LSU's run game for the most part. But stop giving Burrows all day to throw or at least maintain the tight coverage you had in the 1st Qtr. Them's some easy passes he's completing. Take those away and you'll get a few more LSU Punts.

UCF Offense - My God. 2 things need to happen. (1) Mack needs to protect the football & (2) Mack needs to use his legs to move the pocket. Throwing the FB in the normal pocket isn't working b/c there isn't enough time. So, how about buying time with a roll-out. If it's a designed pass-play to a WR, McRAe/Killins need to pick up the assigned blocks to buy Mack the roll-out time necessary to complete the pass. There should easily be on open WR in that secondary somewhere if he can just get the time to throw. LSU isn't allowing the dump passes to the running backs and the negative 1st down plays are killing UCF.

There's time for UCF to make adjustments. This is still a game. It's still there for the taking. Good Luck.

Reactions: KnightNite
My biggest question is that if UCF does win, and then people start saying the LSU was down most their defensive back, will the same UCF fans who have been arguing that other AAC teams that have done poorly in these bowl games because they are missing players complain about people using LSU missing players as a stupid excuse? I just feel that whatever the outcome, these individuals should not be allowed to use a double standard.

But we are down a Heisman QB

Gotta get the running game going. I know we want to play fast, but we have to find a way to keep our D fresh by picking up some 1st downs and moving the ball on the ground.

Problem is they're getting killed in the trenches. They need to run the option and try to get to the edge. Mack should be able to get 3-4 if he keeps it and it would actually use Killins properly if he gets to the outside.

But we are down a Heisman QB
So the answer is yes, you will, cause Wake totally wasn't down their qb and other players when they won, but people still made to same excuse for Memphis with their running back, or Duke missing players and destroying Temple, but people still made excuses for Temple. It's the double standard that makes you look like a trashy fan.

I think regardless what Mack does in the 2nd half you gotta bring in a grad transfer QB or something bigger if they are interested. He misses too many easy open WRs that stall this fast pace offense. Over a 12 game sample size that could risk conference games
Agree. No disrespect to Mack, but we need some time to develop him more.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
Why are we protecting with 7? It's not working, spread them out with the TE and RB and hit some quick hitters. Mack is so bad in the pocket.

Flat footed and starring down his primary receiver most times. Taking too long to make a decision when to get out of the pocket. They have to negate the pass rush somehow even if it means running the option and quick hitters across the middle. Even some screens to AK might help.

388cedc4-283c-45bb-bcdd-d8efaf79bfa0.png

What's the point of Mack if he isn't going to use his size to get 2-3 yards on runs when it's 2nd and short. Just tuck it and get the 1st.

1) Crossing routes over the middle are quick and effective. 2) stop the rpo because it’s taking much needed time away from Mack to get set in the pocket. 3) 4 down lineman need to create pass rush so we don’t need to blitz​

Reactions: MckenzieMilton10
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT