ADVERTISEMENT

George Takei: racist piece of shit

Are you really that shocked? This is the left we're talking about, where they talk about freedom but everybody that doesn't agree with them is a fukcing racist bigot piece of shit.
My "wake up call" on how biased the media is to the left was Sarah Palin. While Palin is one of those right-wing Republicans I dislike much like Quayle, the way many men, and even women, on the left threw all sorts of comments that weren't just sexist, but literally violent, towards her was unnerving. And they actually said she "deserved it." Even worse is when they took things way too far with her daughter.

If a right-leaning media personality says something like this, they are literally banned for life. But even that's still all "subjective."

More "objective" and a bigger problem with the media as of late has to do with "conflicts of interest." And someone in the media, a Democrat correspondent no less, recently pointed out how this is happening. He covered the Duke LaCrosse "closed door politics" and really understand where we're going as a society.

I.e., over 90% of the media votes Democrat. That's why when 1 out of 10 peers tells a media personality they need to "recuse themselves" because of a "conflict of interest," there are 9 out of 10 other peers saying, "no, you don't need to, he is wrong. George Stephanopoulos is the latest "case study" where he grilled a Clinton skeptic, then had to backtrack, backtrack again and further backtrack, that he wasn't an unbiased Clinton supporter, including current and on-going interests, which he still hasn't fully disclosed.

Which explains a lot about the Clintons.

Whether you think they have done anything illegal or not is not the point. The fact of the matter is that the media is giving them passes over things that if any Republican did, they would be kicked out out Washington. It is just not acceptable, and even the current administration has repeatedly taken Hillary to issue over her lacking in judgement. But it's where we're going as an American society, affluent families propped up by popularist voting with little attention to civics.

So this combination of "rape the Republican, excuse the Democrat" also explains why Colin Powell's wife barked a resounding "no" when it came to running for an elected office. I don't blame her. Or Condi Rice for that matter. She knows her college football though, and the left-wing media had to quickly drop that one. ;)

Reactions: jetsaholic
Whatever. There's plenty there for me to feel very comfortable in my assertion. More than anything I posted it bc I'm tired of people who aren't even qualified to speak on the issue try and tell me it's just bc he's a conservative. People seem to have very little problem with people analyzing others in the media. Hell this board has a ruling field day thinking they know anything about the people they shit talk to death. This just makes people uncomfortable. Oh well.

Did you come to your assertion before or after reading the article? If the shoe fits, right?

(FYI, most of the people hear aren't qualified to speak on any of the issues discussed in this forum.)

Reactions: jetsaholic
Pretty much this. Takei isn't a blip on my radar as he posts controversial things constantly and i don't really care about Pseudo-celebrities who did one really awful show/movies 20 years ago.

Realistically, this all anyone who considers themselves "on the left" had to say. I don't get (for the right or left) the people that have to defend "their team" or anyone supposedly on "their team" at all costs no matter what.

Would it have been that hard to simply say: "Yes, what he said is very racist, but he's a has been actor with no influence over anything, and he doesn't speak for me or anyone else on the left". Thats it, simple.

Instead you have some who are bending over backwards trying to excuse it. Why?

It's no coincidence that the same people defending this douche are the same ones who say Santorum, Cruz, any right wing looney evangelical sexist racist represents the entire right wing of the country.

Realistically, this all anyone who considers themselves "on the left" had to say. I don't get (for the right or left) the people that have to defend "their team" or anyone supposedly on "their team" at all costs no matter what.

Would it have been that hard to simply say: "Yes, what he said is very racist, but he's a has been actor with no influence over anything, and he doesn't speak for me or anyone else on the left". Thats it, simple.

Instead you have some who are bending over backwards trying to excuse it. Why?

Because for some reason we have divided ourselves into teams, just just not the reality of how it works, though. Partisan politics in this nation have gotten out of control; people need to wake up and think for themselves. You can like one "rep/dem" and hate another rep/dem. You CAN, in theory, vote for a dem for president, a republican for your house seat, 2 democratic senators, a republican governor and a ****ing green party candidate for mayor. Most voters are too wrapped around political affiliations and get their news solely from one source who always outs a heavy lean on stories. If news just gave us the news, ie "this is what happened" and left opinion out of it or at least truly had people discussing both sides without a host patronizing their opposing view maybe we, as an electorate, wouldn't be so ****ing dumb. The fact that Trump is polling above 1% should show us our electorate is ****ed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT