ADVERTISEMENT

Gus Already Offering 4 and 5 Star Recruits

I mean schools offer dozens/maybe hundreds of kids a year. id rather hear about the ones that commit to us than about everyone who gets an offer.

Reactions: U C to the F
I mean, don’t you want to hear about how each one is “blessed to receive an offer from the university of central Florida?”
Yes on a new thread called "Recruiting Hopefuls."

Admins that never come in here. I only have seen 3 ever. Last time they came they put the sticky threads and banned people because it was around the time Frost left.
They also came on here in 2018 and deleted posts where we were making fun Frost during his first losing season at Nebraska and Nebraska fans were on here arguing with us.

Anyone else just getting a really good feeling about the direction we're going? I can just feel greatness coming this upcoming season, greatness like never before
Like an undefeated season and a New Years Win. Like never before. I think we are putting the cart before the horse. New plays and schemes to learn. But it’s at least exciting early on.

Anyone else just getting a really good feeling about the direction we're going? I can just feel greatness coming this upcoming season, greatness like never before
Definitely.

I think it’s safe to say that would not be the current mood if the staff had stayed in place, especially with how the Boca bowl ended. Even if the first season isn’t perfect, the amount of excitement / buzz we currently have is a big deal.

Reactions: Yaes and KnightsUCF
The tweets from all of these recruits are so strange to me in how uniform they are. Every tweet is something along the lines of “blessed to receive an offer from the university of central Florida” with a few pictures of ucf players in action. I guess this is what they are all taught to do, but the extreme similarity of the tweets from each player is so strange to me.
Group think like the rest of society, twitter is not reality but people just copy whatever they see there. Reminds me of The Dude repeating "this aggression will not stand" after seeing George Bush say it on the TV. Have a real thought/opinion get cancelled so let's just get absorbed by the Borg and repeat the same stupid cliches.

Get out of here half empty!
The history of G5 recruiting tells us we get few 4-star guys. With the transfer portal, though, that number is going up as we can get them in the after-market, once they realize they don't like the situation they chose. I think Gus can pull in some surprises in his first class. It'll have lots of hype and let's face it, he's a good coach and kids want to play for him and his staff.

It's not half empty. We had 3 phenomenal seasons in 2013, 2017, and 2018, and it didn't get us a bunch of 4-star kids afterwards. Nothing more than usual. There is a pecking order for these recruits, and I'd love to ask them why. It's not like we don't have a track record of playing for and winning hardware, and then putting talent into the NFL.

The history of G5 recruiting tells us we get few 4-star guys. With the transfer portal, though, that number is going up as we can get them in the after-market, once they realize they don't like the situation they chose. I think Gus can pull in some surprises in his first class. It'll have lots of hype and let's face it, he's a good coach and kids want to play for him and his staff.

It's not half empty. We had 3 phenomenal seasons in 2013, 2017, and 2018, and it didn't get us a bunch of 4-star kids afterwards. Nothing more than usual. There is a pecking order for these recruits, and I'd love to ask them why. It's not like we don't have a track record of playing for and winning hardware, and then putting talent into the NFL.
put it this way, if Gabe Davis puts up the numbers he did at an ACC school or something he's a first/second rounder. He was the best WR in the conference and still had to wait till the fourth round. Some schools like Bama/Clemson/LSU are literal pipelines to the NFL and as a kid you want the easiest path to your goal(financial freedom). Even if you aren't a good offensive lineman theres a better chance you get drafted first three rounds just because you started in the SEC vs being the best lineman in the AAC

Reactions: mattropolis
put it this way, if Gabe Davis puts up the numbers he did at an ACC school or something he's a first/second rounder. He was the best WR in the conference and still had to wait till the fourth round. Some schools like Bama/Clemson/LSU are literal pipelines to the NFL and as a kid you want the easiest path to your goal(financial freedom). Even if you aren't a good offensive lineman theres a better chance you get drafted first three rounds just because you started in the SEC vs being the best lineman in the AAC
Yeah, sad but true. It's not so different from other professions. Why do so many young people want to go to Harvard or Yale or some other prestigious University?

Reactions: Endeavor.
What about Breshad Perriman, Mike Hughes, and Blake Bortles? Gabe Davis was a 4th rounder because the WR class was stacked last year. You think he’s a first rounder like Jeudy just for playing at a ACC school? Nah. These scouts do plenty of evaluations. Even FCS players are getting evaluated. Davis doesn’t have elite size or speed. Has nothing to do with playing at UCF vs ACC.

Reactions: Knight_Light
Teams will draft from anywhere if it meets their needs. Patriots took a Safety as the 37th overall pick from Lenoir-Rhyne in 2020. A division 2 school, not even FCS level.

Everyone gravitates to brand names for virtually everything in life. It's not a surprise why athletes do the same for sports at well. The only kids growing up dreaming of playing for not Georgia/Alabama/Notre Dame/ Ohio State/Clemson/USC/UF ect, are kids who have families tied to a specific university. Otherwise they want to go to the school they hear about the most.

Reactions: mattropolis
What about Breshad Perriman, Mike Hughes, and Blake Bortles? Gabe Davis was a 4th rounder because the WR class was stacked last year. You think he’s a first rounder like Jeudy just for playing at a ACC school? Nah. These scouts do plenty of evaluations. Even FCS players are getting evaluated. Davis doesn’t have elite size or speed. Has nothing to do with playing at UCF vs ACC.
yes it does, you're picking outliers like thats the norm. Top guys come out the same 5-10 schools every year especially if they make the playoffs/win the natty. Joe Burrow does nothing for three years, has one great year and becomes the #1 pick, Deshaun Watson, Trevor Lawerence, Tua, Hurts, Baker, Kyler, etc the hype train follows the top programs. DJ Uiagaleiei is Trevor Lawerences successor that played one game vs Notre Dame last year and is already touted as the next great QB. There are a lot of guys who start four years at other programs that will never catch lightning in a bottle like Burrow despite having more consistency.

Miami is currently top 10 in active NFL players despite the fact that they have been below average in the ACC since they joined like 17 years ago, they haven't won a single conference championship, many of their games they have shown no sign of life for consecutive years but still their players have a greater chance to be in the league than anyone from the AAC.

Gabe Davis has made more of a name on the Bills than all the other guys if you follow the NFL a lot of people took note of him in the playoffs as one fo the biggest draft steals. I also said he could go first/second round. Davis last year in college he finished with 1241 yards 12 TDs, and 2447 yards 23 TDs for his career. Contrast that with Chase Claypool from Notre Dame who finished with 1037 yards 13 TDs his final year and 2159 yards 19 TDs for his career. Claypool went second round despite having 1400 yess total yards and 4 less TDs in college. And this happens across the board at all positions, lesser production gets overlooked for brand name. Not saying the P5 players aren't worth it because they are, but had UCF been in the ACC and went on the run we did, we wouldn't be able to count our drafted guys on two hands since 2017.

yes it does, you're picking outliers like thats the norm. Top guys come out the same 5-10 schools every year especially if they make the playoffs/win the natty. Joe Burrow does nothing for three years, has one great year and becomes the #1 pick, Deshaun Watson, Trevor Lawerence, Tua, Hurts, Baker, Kyler, etc the hype train follows the top programs. DJ Uiagaleiei is Trevor Lawerences successor that played one game vs Notre Dame last year and is already touted as the next great QB. There are a lot of guys who start four years at other programs that will never catch lightning in a bottle like Burrow despite having more consistency.

Miami is currently top 10 in active NFL players despite the fact that they have been below average in the ACC since they joined like 17 years ago, they haven't won a single conference championship, many of their games they have shown no sign of life for consecutive years but still their players have a greater chance to be in the league than anyone from the AAC.

Gabe Davis has made more of a name on the Bills than all the other guys if you follow the NFL a lot of people took note of him in the playoffs as one fo the biggest draft steals. I also said he could go first/second round. Davis last year in college he finished with 1241 yards 12 TDs, and 2447 yards 23 TDs for his career. Contrast that with Chase Claypool from Notre Dame who finished with 1037 yards 13 TDs his final year and 2159 yards 19 TDs for his career. Claypool went second round despite having 1400 yess total yards and 4 less TDs in college. And this happens across the board at all positions, lesser production gets overlooked for brand name. Not saying the P5 players aren't worth it because they are, but had UCF been in the ACC and went on the run we did, we wouldn't be able to count our drafted guys on two hands since 2017.
TLDR but no NFL teams aren’t throwing away millions without doing proper talent scouting including pro day and combine. The first round talent\measureable players that UCF has had went in the first round. Gabe Davis is not a first round talent stuck at a small school. That doesn’t exist. The reason that most of the top draft prospects come out of the top ranked college programs is, surprise surprise, those programs have the most talented rosters.

TLDR but no NFL teams aren’t throwing away millions without doing proper talent scouting including pro day and combine. The first round talent\measureable players that UCF has had went in the first round. Gabe Davis is not a first round talent stuck at a small school. That doesn’t exist. The reason that most of the top draft prospects come out of the top ranked college programs is, surprise surprise, those programs have the most talented rosters.
Hollywood Brown went in the first round with less production than Gabe at 5'9 180lb. Has been only average in the league as well, but he had Oklahoma on his shirt.
refrain from replying to me with baseless remarks if you don't read, didn't ask for your opinion to begin with. I responded to something you quoted me in. have a chat with KoC or something leave my name out of it.

Hollywood Brown went in the first round with less production than Gabe at 5'9 180lb. Has been only average in the league as well, but he had Oklahoma on his shirt.
refrain from replying to me with baseless remarks if you don't read, didn't ask for your opinion to begin with. I responded to something you quoted me in. have a chat with KoC or something leave my name out of it.
NFL draft has little to do with college production.

This is NOT good press for CGM for future QB recruiting.

.....Art Briles’ offense (at Baylor), basically nothing in it would help you play in the NFL. The way you read defenses, the way you go through — I’m not saying it wasn’t prolific at Baylor. He took a team out of Waco, Texas, and made them a top 10 team — but none of it translates.
.....“Gus Malzahn’s offense at Auburn, I think, is even further from the NFL than Art Briles’. In Gus Malzahn’s offense, they don’t even call the receivers – they’re not even letters; they’re numbers.
..."In fact, a lack of proper quarterback development helped get Malzahn fired. Another five-star talent Bo Nix didn’t make any progress in Year 2 down on The Plains. Jeremy Johnson never panned out either, even after he was labeled the savior in 2015 because of one performance against Arkansas the season before. In other words, Malzahn and his staff are certainly part of the problem."

This is NOT good press for CGM for future QB recruiting.

.....Art Briles’ offense (at Baylor), basically nothing in it would help you play in the NFL. The way you read defenses, the way you go through — I’m not saying it wasn’t prolific at Baylor. He took a team out of Waco, Texas, and made them a top 10 team — but none of it translates.
.....“Gus Malzahn’s offense at Auburn, I think, is even further from the NFL than Art Briles’. In Gus Malzahn’s offense, they don’t even call the receivers – they’re not even letters; they’re numbers.
..."In fact, a lack of proper quarterback development helped get Malzahn fired. Another five-star talent Bo Nix didn’t make any progress in Year 2 down on The Plains. Jeremy Johnson never panned out either, even after he was labeled the savior in 2015 because of one performance against Arkansas the season before. In other words, Malzahn and his staff are certainly part of the problem."
Yeah, not a kind article at all. Could it be that quarterback coach, Jordan Palmer, is shifting a little of the blame for his lack of success with those he tried to help? Can terminology really be that big a stumbling block? I have often found it doesn't matter what you call something if you have the talent and ability. That's like saying a guy can't paint because he didn't know the instrument he was using was called a Number 6 brush.

Yeah I doubt x,y,z or 1,23 makes a big difference. Some offenses don’t translate but even that’s changing. NFL offense is closer to college game than ever. The NFL refused to adapt to a player’s strengths. Tried making him run their system. Would be like having Brady and Lamar Jackson use same exact offense. Doesn’t work for either of them.

Reactions: Knight Strength
Yeah, not a kind article at all. Could it be that quarterback coach, Jordan Palmer, is shifting a little of the blame for his lack of success with those he tried to help? Can terminology really be that big a stumbling block? I have often found it doesn't matter what you call something if you have the talent and ability. That's like saying a guy can't paint because he didn't know the instrument he was using was called a Number 6 brush.
Totally agree. I read it and thought, ok calling them numbers vs letters, that’s your reason? It sounds like a classic blame game not holding himself accountable. Smart move, gotta keep a job. How about you take accountability and just say you made a mistake by drafting a QB that just doesn’t have what it takes to be a starter in the NFL.

Reactions: Knight Strength

NFL draft has little to do with college production.

BUMP.

lol okay "Gabe doesn't have elite size or speed" "he's not a first round talent stuck at a small school"
the logos have no impact on these guys right?

Gabe cooking playoff defenders and setting all time NFL records but tell me more about how he just didnt try hard enough to be a first rounder 🥱

y'all just be talking out your ass sometimes but its okay

Reactions: Guinness_Knight
BUMP.

lol okay "Gabe doesn't have elite size or speed" "he's not a first round talent stuck at a small school"
the logos have no impact on these guys right?

Gabe cooking playoff defenders and setting all time NFL records but tell me more about how he just didnt try hard enough to be a first rounder 🥱

y'all just be talking out your ass sometimes but its okay
What round was he drafted in?

We know you would draft 5’9 hollywood brown over him because P5 automatically means talent in your eyes. Opinion no longer needed, just BUMPING this ridiculous post after my guy Gabe shitted on the NFL last night like a King
I’m not following your point. I told you why he wasn’t a first round pick and instead was a 4th round pick. He had a great game. And was also 5th on the team in receiving yards last year. He still isn’t a first round pick. He’s a 3rd or 4th receiving option on the Bills.

Plus he beat Hughes for a lot of yards. Hughes will be out of league soon. Vikings got rid of him and the Chiefs can’t be pleased.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT