ADVERTISEMENT

Hamas invades Israel

The Gaza strip is essentially a fenced-in prison controlled by Israel (the fencing, the border crossings, the electricity, the internet, etc). My class heard today that nearly 50% of Palestinians live in poverty and--get this--the average age there is eighteen! (their average age probably dropped over the past three weeks)
This is utter BS. Watch the video

If you've got a lot of eighteen to twenty year old boys living in poverty who see no future for themselves, gee, where do you think Hamas gets its terrorists?
Ridiculous excuse.

Not Israel’s problem that Palestinian 18-20 year olds chose employment as Jewish exterminators

Reactions: major.tom.foolery
unfortunately European Jews are never going to be safe in the middle of the Middle East. No matter how much indiscriminate bombing of Palestinians they do. They tried the relocation approach with Gaza, but all it has done is breed new generations of terrorists. And this latest war will do the same. So in 15-20 years no need to wonder why a new generation of people also hate them.

Reactions: DaShuckster
unfortunately European Jews are never going to be safe in the middle of the Middle East. No matter how much indiscriminate bombing of Palestinians they do. They tried the relocation approach with Gaza, but all it has done is breed new generations of terrorists. And this latest war will do the same. So in 15-20 years no need to wonder why a new generation of people also hate them.
They are seeking revenge AND taking care of the local problem. A border problem

Far away terrorists can be dealt with air defense and the military

This is utter BS. Watch the video
It's not an open-air prison?
https://www.nrc.no/news/2018/april/gaza-the-worlds-largest-open-air-prison/
The average age is not 18?
Half the population of Gaza doesn't live in poverty?

When Russia strikes civilian targets in Ukraine, the world rightly characterizes them as war crimes. But this week when Israel bombed the sh*t out of a civilian refugee camp killing 50 people, mostly women and children, what makes it different? Ooooooh, the Israeli military tells us the strike killed a Hamas leader and destroyed underground tunnels.

If they had this intelligence, why did it take 9000 other air strikes before they did it? We're to believe the same intelligence that was 'asleep at the wheel' prior to the terrorist attack is assuring the world --- um, notibly after-the-fact -- that despite the civilian death toll, THIS BOMBING was justified because....because....because....they successfully killed one of the terrorists' bigwigs.

Curious question: how do they know? Where's their evidence?

Donny said a similar thing on Morning Joe. And I agree with him. Guess what? Its possible to deplore attacks on Jews in Israel and in this country while also deploring attacks on Palestinians, especially women and children.

It's not getting any TV coverage given what's going on in Gaza but the violence towards the Palestinians by the people who illegally settled on the West Bank has been bad for a long time now but it's recently been ratcheting up.

Donny Deutsch was on Morning Joe again this morning reminding everybody of how deplorable the Hamas terrorist attack was.

Apparently that justifies killing thousands of innocent Palestinians and bombing the sh*t out of Gaza City. To me, Israel went into Gaza without a plan on what they would do after they 'won' the war.

To me, Israel's military response mirrors our own response to 9/11. We suffered through 22 years -- and countless lives and billions of dollars worth -- of war in the Middle East because we had no clue what we were going to do once we wiped the SOBs out (or, more appropriately, SORT OF wiped them out).

But I'm sure Israel with absolutely and completely wipe Hamas out, right?

And all those young Palestine boys who had their homes bombed and their parents and brothers and sisters killed in these Israeli bombing attacks will grow up with a desire to live in peace with Israel, right?

I agree that Gaza has taken a huge hit, Hamas uses the population as shields. I have no idea how Israel can fight back without killing "innocents. My question for you is what is Israel supposed to do. I don't know if there is really many "innocent" Palestinians.

I agree that Gaza has taken a huge hit, Hamas uses the population as shields. I have no idea how Israel can fight back without killing "innocents. My question for you is what is Israel supposed to do.
This whole sick thing reminds me of the old Motown anti-Vietnam song 'War,' Lyrics: War, h'uh. What is it good for? Absolutely nothin.' Say it again.

The outcome is pre-destined to be exactly what the terrorists wanted: Israel will 'wipe out' Hamas (um, sort of) and secure its Most-Hated Status in the Middle East for yet another generation when a new peace accord was so close.

For the situation to change in our lifetimes would require Israel to begin treating the Palestinians with---get ready for a revolutionary idea---dignity and respect. It's harder for Hamas to attract young recruits if Palestinians are being treated well. But when you treat the Gaza Strip like an open-air prison and allow the West Bank to be illegally settled, pushing Palestinian farmers off their land, its easy to understand where all the anomosity is coming from.

I don't know if there is really many "innocent" Palestinians.
The vast majority (experts say around 75 to 80% of Palestinians) have zero love for Hamas. The reality is that these poor souls are caught between two right-wing extremist groups (Hamas and Netanyahu and his Israeli government.)

Question still is, what should Israel do? They could stop now or could have a week ago and maybe it sets Hamas back for 6 mos or a year. Or you go in real hard and try to set them back 5 or 10 years. No good options were available to them.

Question still is, what should Israel do? They could stop now or could have a week ago and maybe it sets Hamas back for 6 mos or a year. Or you go in real hard and try to set them back 5 or 10 years. No good options were available to them.
Let's be clear here: Netanyahu and his Israeli government had YEARS to improve conditions in Gaza, remove the Israeli settlers from the West Bank, and offer programs designed to improve the economic plight of Palestinians while building stronger relationships between the Israelis and Palestinians. That is The Only Way that things are ever going to improve.

Netanyahu and his nutjob supporters were determined to go the exact opposite way. So their knuckleheaded, extremist approach combined with the extremist brutality of the Hamas leadership naturally led to the no-win situation we see today.

Donny said a similar thing on Morning Joe. And I agree with him. Guess what? Its possible to deplore attacks on Jews in Israel and in this country while also deploring attacks on Palestinians, especially women and children.

It's not getting any TV coverage given what's going on in Gaza but the violence towards the Palestinians by the people who illegally settled on the West Bank has been bad for a long time now but it's recently been ratcheting up.

You really need to get your info somewhere other than MSNBC.

Reactions: thall__
I'm not sure it's not time for these ivy league schools to go the way of the dodo. This some is very bigoted and potentially dangerous bs from their top administrators.

I'm not sure it's not time for these ivy league schools to go the way of the dodo. This some is very bigoted and potentially dangerous bs from their top administrators.

I really wish that the lady who was questioning those Ivy League professors had said to them "let me insert another group into what I just asked you and see if your answers are the same: Transgender. Gay people. Blacks. Immigrants. Hispanics." And then just sat back to see what they would've had to say. She really missed an opportunity to call these people out.

I really wish that the lady who was questioning those Ivy League professors had said to them "let me insert another group into what I just asked you and see if your answers are the same: Transgender. Gay people. Blacks. Immigrants. Hispanics." And then just sat back to see what they would've had to say. She really missed an opportunity to call these people out.
I was kind of waiting for that too. Here is a good tweet that addresses that.

The trend in higher education has been to crack down on rhetoric that demeans and/or dehumanizes marginalized groups.

The trouble comes from the motivation that's behind it. It should be about protecting EVERYBODY'S RIGHTS, regardless of whether its about a Jew, Black, Hispanic, Asian American, woman, trans, or even a crusty, old White male blowhard.

But its been all about 'sticking up for the little guy (or gal)'
It’s all about giving voice to the disenfranchised and 'protecting' the defenseless. While the motivation behind it ain't bad, the responses of those Ivy muckity-mucks makes it clear that the focus is less on human rights than it is on power.

I guess you've gotta 'pick sides' and villainize one side or the other.

Silly me, I thought the Hama terrorist attack on innocent Israeli families was absolutely horrendous AND the indescriminate bombing of innocent Palestinian families living in Gaza has been horrible too.

How can any sane human being justify either action?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT