ADVERTISEMENT

Here is why you treat Navy Football like anyone else

The average Sailor on Sea duty is working 60+ hours a week not including deployments. We have families and responsibilities outside of work like anyone else. Our schedule is very different than most in the civilian world and we work our ass off to complete missions and meet personal goals. I have an AA and BA, I know many who have MS. My wife has her doctorates and going who is also a veteran. We are an amazing group of young men and woman who serve and compare to any civilian.

Wow, you’re beyond saving. Here’s my number 405-313-5244. Give me a call and we can meet up next week. Have you ever served?

I don't have time. I'm travelling around the world....seeing and taking in what really matters to them. Developing a world view which 80% of Americans don't have. Thier idea of seeing the world is going to the Bahamas!

Fly-bys, parades, nukes...yes, it's all very impressive.

And you were an idiot for serving this "great" country.

Besides Vietnam (which I've already pointed out), shall we talk about the Middle East?

Do you REALLY believe those served over there were REALLY protecting our "LIBERTY"? In 20 years, lets look at how justifiable those lives were.

You have no concept of Vietnam outside of your Netflix subscription. There is a plenty to debate about the Middle East but going isn’t one of them. Strategy and length are the first that come to mind. It was absolutely necessary. The the fact that you’re not informed enough to understand that speaks volumes about you and how “high brow” your Stetson education got you.

I don't have time. I'm travelling around the world....seeing and taking in what really matters to them. Developing a world view which 80% of Americans don't have. Thier idea of seeing the world is going to the Bahamas!

Fly-bys, parades, nukes...yes, it's all very impressive.

I can promise you I have been and lived in more countries than you can in a lifetime. You have my email and number. I have zero problem meeting up next week. Just let me know.

this thread just needs to be locked up, surface, take down your contact info. I respect where you’re going and understand why you’re worked up. Not going to get anywhere on this board. Don’t let some mighty keyboard warrior ruin your day. Let’s get back to UCF and shut this down.

The average Sailor on Sea duty is working 60+ hours a week not including deployments. We have families and responsibilities outside of work like anyone else. Our schedule is very different than most in the civilian world and we work our ass off to complete missions and meet personal goals. I have an AA and BA, I know many who have MS. My wife has her doctorates and going who is also a veteran. We are an amazing group of young men and woman who serve and compare to any civilian.

Good for you.

WOW......as a proud veteran of the U.S. Navy, there is SO much that I want to say here. But i'm gonna try and take the high road instead, and ill keep it short. I served proudly, LOVED it, would not trade the experiences that I had for anything in the world. Many of those that I served with are some of the best people I have known in my life. I've often thought in my interactions with many co-workers in my civilian life that some would be served well by a few years of military service. You, Stetson, would fall in to that category for sure, not for the usual reasons, but because you obviously dont have a clue what you are talking about when it comes to Military service.

I’m not asking anyone to bow down or respect the military but there is absolutely no reason to go out of your way to tell the people I serve with they are less than anyone. We work as hard as anyone out there.

Meet me in behind Stadio Olimpico tough guy and I'll introduce you to several ex-vets who are disgusted.

PLEASE, do so. Next week? I'm there.

At this point I’m assuming this a parody account and I got suckered. Congrats big guy you got me.

I’m not asking anyone to bow down or respect the military but there is absolutely no reason to go out of your way to tell the people I serve with they are less than anyone. We work as hard as anyone out there.

And to your point, I don't understand why people feel the need to out of their way to respect a military academy.

If Navy went out and intentionally destroyed MM knee, like they did with Ed Oliver, I'm PRRREEEEEETY sure this conversation would be quite different.

And to your point, I don't understand why people feel the need to out of their way to respect a military academy.

If Navy went out and intentionally destroyed MM knee, like they did with Ed Oliver, I'm PRRREEEEEETY sure this conversation would be quite different.

Ones a sport and another is real life. Not a single person would ever tell you to root for Navy, Army or Air Force just bc of their service. You’re a child and I can’t belive I let you get me to reply. Live your life big guy.

At this point I’m assuming this a parody account and I got suckered. Congrats big guy you got me.

I've been here since 97 so go **** off.

And buddy, again, let me please introduce you to American Veterans who have moved abroad due to the fact their government health insurance has shit ALL OVER THEM.

I've met DOZENS.....since I moved here. DOZENS! Not fake news as your trump likes to say.

Lets talk about those flyovers UCF loves to brag about while tens of thousands can't get adequate treatment for wounds they suffered in that great Vietnames War....which indeed, protected our freedom...moron.

I've been here since 97 so go **** off.

And buddy, again, let me please introduce you to American Veterans who have moved abroad due to the fact their government health insurance has shit ALL OVER THEM.

I've met DOZENS.....since I moved here. DOZENS! Not fake news as your trump likes to say.

Lets talk about those flyovers UCF loves to brag about while tens of thousands can't get adequate treatment for wounds they suffered in that great Vietnames War....which indeed, protected our freedom...moron.

Come on buddy.

Continue to brag about that great military! And the wonderful support they recieve from the US.

I'd post wounded limbs but they came to ECuador for a reason.. TO ESCAPE.

Drop you’re number and we can have a conversation, if not I’ll just assume you’re some desperate kid living in his moms basement.

I know Brandon likes to keep this forum unmoderated to push people to the Dungeon, but this is getting out of hand. This thread needs to be locked up and buried forever.

I'm not going to relax when people feel as though the US treats their veterans properly.

"Don't boo Navy, they are our saviors and protect us from non-existant treats."

I'm tired of this "bow down to mighty the US" narrative.

Lets talk about it. My number has been listed.

I'm waiting.

Yeah it won't be special to play a military academy in the future because this generation realizes that war and military might isn't something the US needs to brag about. Killing and dominating isn't an alluring characteristic.

This isn't the 30's, 40's or 50's anymore. Capitalism, for better or worse, has brought the world together, albeit under a veil of subservience.
Not sure if youre really serious.
I think Navy, Army and Air Force's overall football history speaks for itself. I think just like UCF, Navy wants to win football games too. One of these days the fan base that place them on a pedestal will stop doing that not because of US Imperialism (not gonna lie not a conservative or nationalist) but because its a football game. What the Navy football team does in the future shouldnt make the UCF team think twice about winning. If that was the case, Notre Dame wouldn't be winning 30 straight.
btw- the Water Cooler would sure like you lol

Even if you two yell at each other over the phone you think its going to change anyones mind?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT