ADVERTISEMENT

Here is why you treat Navy Football like anyone else

Not sure if youre really serious.
I think Navy, Army and Air Force's overall football history speaks for itself. I think just like UCF, Navy wants to win football games too. One of these days the fan base that place them on a pedestal will stop doing that not because of US Imperialism (not gonna lie not a conservative or nationalist) but because its a football game. What the Navy football team does in the future shouldnt make the UCF team think twice about winning. If that was the case, Notre Dame wouldn't be winning 30 straight.
btw- the Water Cooler would sure like you lol

My sole and only point in this thread is that people shouldn't feel the need to worship the military academies.

As I said on Twitter, when I see an "honorable Midshipman" chopblock Ed Oliver completely without cause, I'm not going to bow down like most of the sheep on here drinking their Coors Light.

They aren't angels.

Beyond that, if you prefer to think the government really wants to respect their military, open up a book, read the news, look at history, TALK to vets (LIKE I HAVE), and we can talk about it.

.....still waiting to hear from you.

How the hell did we get to the point where we are insulting everyone who serves in the military? Can we just stop?
eff their insurance companies. They overcharge! their banking credit unions arent that special either.
Commissaries? Pfft. I save more at Walmart lol

Never thought a service academy would act like pussies......I'm feeling pretty embarrassed because I had held them in high regard.
I actually love it! We are everyone’s biggest game. I think everyone’s having fun with giving us hard time.

Coach Hype said that after the game Navy totally changed everything on Defense and Offense today to compete in this game. That’s a big sign of respect for our program.

I think UCF Twitter mob should jump on them and call out their fake NC from the early 1900’s when their were only 20 schools that fielded football programs. What we did last year is much harder to do than all those programs from back in the day?

I love that UCF is the program that everyone loves to hate. I actually thinks it motivates our players and fans base to prove the doubters wrong. I think our other sports teams are also feeding off the good and not so good attention we get. Everyone’s playing at high level. Love it!!!

I actually love it! We are everyone’s biggest game. I think everyone’s having fun with giving us hard time.

Coach Hype said that after the game Navy totally changed everything on Defense and Offense today to compete in this game. That’s a big sign of respect for our program.

I think UCF Twitter mob should jump on them and call out their fake NC from the early 1900’s when their were only 20 schools that fielded football programs. What we did last year is much harder to do than all those programs from back in the day?

I love that UCF is the program that everyone loves to hate. I actually thinks it motivates our players and fans base to prove the doubters wrong. I think our other sports teams are also feeding off the good and not so good attention we get. Everyone’s playing at high level. Love it!!!

To them we're worse than Saddam, Ahmadenijad, Osama, Kim Jun Un and Venezuela combined. :sunglasses:

Reactions: ahabmw
When I lived or was deployed overseas it was pretty simple to call. Always 0 plus country code then number. But you’re a ****ing idiot and have the balls of a pigme goat.

When I lived or was deployed overseas it was pretty simple to call. Always 0 plus country code then number. But you’re a ****ing idiot and have the balls of a pigme goat.

If it's so easy then call me. I've given you my number.

Or better yet, give me your number.

I'm the pussy? Pick up the ****ing phone tough guy or give me your number. I'd be happy to talk to you.

....again...still waiting..

Interesting discussion here. I'll try to provide some value if I may. I think we would agree that most military sign up with good intentions to protect the country. Any view of history however can tell you that whenever there is war innocent people die. Based on this fact the decision for war should be made as a last resort as a defensive act. Once that threat is gone, war should end.

The rationale for the war in Afghanistan was remove the Taliban who had played a part in our attack, and might continue with further attacks. We removed them from power however 17 years later we are still there. I understand there are terrorists who continue to want to attack us, however occupying entire countries to find the (relatively) few terrorists who would like to do this is not the most effective way to do this.

The Iraq war on the other hand seems to be the epitome of an unjust war. The rationale for the preemptive war was never proven out however we carry on with it like we were right all along. All the while the people that live there suffer. My point being I think we can protect against terrorists without having to occupy countries for extended periods of time and causing death and destruction for all parties involved.

I for one believe that each member of the military has to decide for themselves if they are fighting for a just cause. In Iraq for example the just cause for war has never been proven. As an individual how do you continue to participate in a destructive act that is unjust and not have any moral issues with it?

The rationale for the war in Afghanistan was remove the Taliban who had played a part in our attack, and might continue with further attacks. We removed them from power however 17 years later we are still there. I understand there are terrorists who continue to want to attack us, however occupying entire countries to find the (relatively) few terrorists who would like to do this is not the most effective way to do this.

US, nor our allies, "occupy" Afghanistan...just like how we have a major presence in places like South Korea, Italy, Germany, Japan, etc...but we don't "occupy" those countries either.

Obviously, "bad guys" are still in Afghanistan and that recognized government wants us there to still help.

World has changed...as the bad guys are now basically tribal, sometimes without a centralized or even recognized government...so traditional negotiation tactics will never work...as many of them are basically suicidal and will do anything to bring down the "West" today.

Really? As far as know I know, free speech is pretty widely acknowledged throughout the world. I didn't know we needed missiles to back that up.

Militaries should not exist. Period.

.......(listening to postgame) ahh yes, lets all masturbate over how great the military is!!!

Hail Military Might!

That Vietnam War was such a great idea huh Night Shadow? I guess 50,000 some odd American deaths really defended that liberty, huh?

Anti-military blah blah blah. I'm just struck at the stupidity of "..free speech is pretty widely acknowledged throughout the world." Are you really that stupid? REALLY? Especially after Saudi Arabia killed someone over free speech? Try to defend gay rights in Russia or some African nations. Just a hint to open your eyes- the United Kingdom does NOT have free speech. Perhaps you should get out of your bubble and notice the lawsuits going around Great Britain. Some dude, for a joke, did a podcast dressing his girlfriend's pet up in a Hitler costume. He went to jail. WHY? Because the United Kingdom does NOT have free speech. Another woman's trial is over her saying the prophet Mo-baby of Islam was a "pedophile". Why. Because England does NOT have free speech. I think there are probably very few nations that actually do have free speech. Welcome to the actual world and not the weird political world you apparently live in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT