ADVERTISEMENT

Heupel classless in bowl

maybe if mr classy wasn't so devoted to nepotism with his horrible offensive coordinator of a son then they might have scored some points and gave the vols a game.
Not a fan of the offense obviously. But they had 10 wins should’ve had 11 had they not been screwed over on a punt return against Minnesota. He does it the right way n he has never cheated.
The lack of Iowas offense does not excuse going for it with 30 seconds up 35.

I must have missed the score they threw for. Kicking a field goal could also be seen as running up the score. The emergency QB threw a single pass attempt (incomplete) in a bowl game. Oh the humanity. Did Mr classy punt on 4th down from his own 30 down 35-0?

Last edited:
Reactions: I ABear I
I don’t think Heup did anything wrong. He was just getting some throws in for his backup at the end of the game.
As soon as clock was under 40 seconds he let it run out. Iowa was still playing until their final drive. They could have surrendered and punted the ball. But they were also getting backups some reps.

Classless against one of the most classiest coaches in college football Ferentz. Throwing for scores up 35 with 30 seconds left. Even BYU didn’t do that after Heupel’s masterpiece in the Boca Raton bowl.
Disappointing!!!
You must be one of those pronoun people who get easily offended if someone calls you by your actual gender. Maybe the game of football isnt for you…

Classless against one of the most classiest coaches in college football Ferentz. Throwing for scores up 35 with 30 seconds left. Even BYU didn’t do that after Heupel’s masterpiece in the Boca Raton bowl.
Disappointing!!!
Georgia was throwing the ball when it was 63-3.

The pass when it was 35-0 was by a junior QB that has 17 pass attempts (0 Tds) in his career and never in a bowl game. Probably nice for him to get an opportunity to throw a ball in a bowl game.

FYI, Zach Wilson a first round draft pick was throwing passes with 2 mins left in the 4th quarter against UCF.

Offense job is score as much as possible, Defense job prevent as much scoring as possible.

I don't think its classless to score as much as you can. Its classless if at the end of the game when someone asks, "Why did you go for 2 on the last drive when you were up by 35?" and the coach responds, "Because I couldn't go for 3."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT