ADVERTISEMENT

Hey B12, so who has more potenial??????

I was in Buffalo WIld Wings in Waterford watching Houston thump FSU. There were 2 tables of FSU fans (there were also 2 tables of Houston fans). When I was there watching UCF facing South Carolina, it was standing room only. I don't know what area you are talking about, but ratings show UCF controls Orlando now. Thanks for playing. You can leave now.

Are you a moron? Like FSU fans are going to be riled up watching the likes of Houston. Meanwhile UCF fans jerk off at playing any P5 school. Think next time.

This statement belongs in the UCFSports.com Hall of Fame...as this 12 yr old has no clue what life was like with "no internet".

Just awesome...just awesome!!

Oh please tell us how chatter amongst fans nationwide was shared back then? A few jerk offs over the radio? The newspaper? Yup that sure compares to the internet. You are a special kind of dumb.

Are you a moron? Like FSU fans are going to be riled up watching the likes of Houston. Meanwhile UCF fans jerk off at playing any P5 school. Think next time.

Oops...your back to acting like an idiot again!

You make fun of UCF showing up to watch P5 opponents (in larger numbers than FSU playing in one of the top six bowl games) while making lame excuses about FSU's fan following.

Your logic defies explanation.

Who stands to gain more? FSU beating Houston or ucf beating a P5? FSU is expected to beat a G5 therefore apathy toward the game creeps in from FSUs perspective. A UCF win v a P5 is a big step toward the big 12 so of course there will be more interest in that game. Let me know when ucf/USF generates More buzz in Orlando than UF/FSU

Who stands to gain more? FSU beating Houston or ucf beating a P5? FSU is expected to beat a G5 therefore apathy toward the game creeps in from FSUs perspective. A UCF win v a P5 is a big step toward the big 12 so of course there will be more interest in that game. Let me know when ucf/USF generates More buzz in Orlando than UF/FSU
Way to put zero thought process behind your statements. As shown by the map I provided earlier by third party analysis, UCF owns the Orlando market. UF is second, FSU is third. Of course cumulatively UF/FSU will have better ratings than UCF/USF because nobody in Orlando follows the Cows. They aren't even in the top 3 of the Tampa market (not even in their own county).

And you think FSU fans aren't going to watch a Bowl Game on TV because it is Houston? Give me a F'ing break. That has to be the most retarded statement of the decade. That must also mean that if FSU was in a G5 conference and getting lower TV ratings, then they shouldn't be invited to a P5. You sir are BRILLIANT!!!

This statement belongs in the UCFSports.com Hall of Fame...as this 12 yr old has no clue what life was like with "no internet".
Just awesome...just awesome!!
Yeah, glad I'm not the only one who thought the same thing.

If USF and UCF were both ranked in the top 25 or even better, the top 20, there would be as much buzz surrounding that game. Especially because the metro areas are way more populated. I was at the filled Raymond James Stadium in 2007 with 65,000 fans. UCF wasn't even that great.

In comparison, I was in Tallahassee for the UF/UCF game in 2009 or 2010. The atmosphere wasn't drastically different.

Also, the Fiesta Bowl had amazing ratings in Orlando in 2014. I believe the ratings were Comparable or better than any UF or FSU game that year.

It's just a matter of time.

USF: Inflaters
Year Announced....Actual

2007 - 53170..........44,716
2008 - 49690..........37,625
2009 - 52553..........41,378
2010 - 40849..........29,596
2011 - 44550..........32,435
2012 - 44130..........30,455
2013 - 34702..........20,379
2014 - 30694..........19,371
2015 - 26,578.........17,798

The Cows are definitely the kings of overinflating attendance, although the Miami Hurricanes could give them a good run for their money in that category of deception. While UCF (as most all schools) reports tickets distributed rather then the number who actually go into the stadium, the Cows numbers are hugely inflated compared to UCF.

In the good years, UCF's reported attendance was easily within 1,000 of the actual attendance most of the time and in average years we were within 2,000 or 3,000 at the most. Even in the last thee games of the 2015 season where attendance tanked, UCF still had actual attendance within 5,000 - 7,000 of reported attendance.

What's pathetic about the Cows is that even in their best years, as a member of a BCS conference with WVU, Pitt, Syracuse and Louisville still in the conference, they still exaggerated attendance by 9,000 - 12,000 people per game. And even with all of those advantages, their actual attendance was the same or worse than UCF playing a CUSA schedule.

What's pathetic about the Cows is that even in their best years, as a member of a BCS conference with WVU, Pitt, Syracuse and Louisville still in the conference, they still exaggerated attendance by 9,000 - 12,000 people per game. And even with all of those advantages, their actual attendance was the same or worse than UCF playing a CUSA schedule.

Even for USF's biggest home game in school history (when they hosted FSU in 2012), USF didn't want FSU fans to flood even more the RJS stands...so USF didn't sell single game tix (only multiple game and season tix), which didn't work...yet USF counted every single seat (and more) in their announced attendance for that game but somehow 11,000 or so folks decided to NOT attend the biggest home game ever? [roll]

Announced attendance for FSU game: 69,383 (included 500 standing room only plaza tix)

Actual attendance for FSU game: 58,808

I'm assuming because they rent Ray Jay, you can find their actual attendance through the Tampa Port Authority?

I'm assuming because they rent Ray Jay, you can find their actual attendance through the Tampa Port Authority?

RJS is owned by Hillsborough County (public government entity) and is run by the Tampa Stadium Authority...which is why the media easily gets the actual attendance figures for Bucs/Bulls games played there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT