ADVERTISEMENT

holy S @#T

Is that monthly? Being monthly is baller... That was nice of them.

I'm starting a Happy Hands excellence fund. I feel like my posts could be better. Let's make me P5 level with your cash!!!

Is $1million a lot?

I'm not familiar to the world of college athletic donations.

Sad-Nebraska-fan.jpg

If you had it you'd know.
Ignored like the others.

My question was sincere. Don't peg me as a Nebraska troll, I hope Frost stays at UCF and Nebraska stays mediocre. Makes my alma mater's game against them easier.

Should have just used google and answered the question myself. My search shows that yes, $1million a year for 5 years is impressive.

Side note, holy crap at some of the donations out there. Notre Dame and others are insane. The owner for the Miami Dolphins has donated $348 million total to both the university of Michigan and its athletic program. As has Phil Knight to his alma mater, Oregon. Insane amounts of money, guess I just never realized it before.

You guys think this will help you retain Frost? When he sees big time backers showing support for the program.

I think it's got to help.

This is cute. Howard Hawkes would likely foot half the bill for Frost himself if Nebraska wasn’t already swimming in money and UCF is having a bake sale.

Reactions: FrostTroll
You guys think this will help you retain Frost? When he sees big time backers showing support for the program.

I think it's got to help.
when you read this article...probably not. Scott Frost denied he was being interview for the Oregon job. It was dated Dec 1st so to be fair, that was after the regular season was over and they werent in the CCG.

UCF football coach Scott Frost knocked down any connection between himself and the recently vacated Oregon head coaching position.

“I’m not a candidate for Oregon,” Frost told reporters Thursday before the San Francisco 49ers practiced on the UCF campus. “I’m happy right here. This is where I want to be. I started something here, and I feel like we've taken a lot of steps to get this program to the top of our league. I want to see that through.”

The Ducks opted to fire Mark Helfrich Wednesday night, immediately prompting speculation about his replacement.

Florida coach Jim McElwain, Penn State coach James Franklin, Western Michigan coach P.J. Fleck and Frost were among the names linked to the Oregon job.

Frost was the Ducks’ offensive coordinator until he was hired in December 2015 to help UCF rebound from a winless season. The Knights improved to 6-6 under his direction and are slated to play in a bowl game.

UCF athletics director Danny White told the Orlando Sentinel Saturday he did not expect Frost to vie for any other coaching jobs. White said Frost was heavily invested in improving the Knights’ program and felt he could help UCF succeed on the national stage.

Helfrich was 37-16 during four seasons leading the Ducks, but Oregon went 4-8 in 2016. It was the team’s worst season since 1991.

Chip Kelly, who is now under pressure to keep his job leading the San Francisco 49ers. Kelly took advantage of the opportunity to hold practice on the UCF campus following the 49ers’ loss in Miami Sunday and the team’s next game at Chicago Sunday, avoiding taxing cross country travel back to San Francisco.

This is cute. Howard Hawkes would likely foot half the bill for Frost himself if Nebraska wasn’t already swimming in money and UCF is having a bake sale.

It's amazing, all that financial backing and they ended up with Mike Riley and a program that is 5+ years away from winning anything of any significance regardless of who the coach is. Talk about a fall from grace.

At least they're in the easy division of the Big 10. They may actually be able to get to 8 wins in the next 3 years as a result.

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
It's amazing, all that financial backing and they ended up with Mike Riley and a program that is 5+ years away from winning anything of any significance regardless of who the coach is. Talk about a fall from grace.

At least they're in the easy division of the Big 10. They may actually be able to get to 8 wins in the next 3 years as a result.

Half true half false.

It’s more the norm the past 9 years for Nebraska to win 9+ games a season than less than that. So the notion that Nebraska hasn’t had equal success to UCF recently is a myth made up on this board. The peaks for Nebraska haven’t been as high as UCF’s. But the valleys certainly haven’t been 0-12.

His money did get you a close home win over Arkansas State so props.*

0-12

More of the same without the coach that pulled you out of the depths of hell.

You should be thanking Nebraskans everywhere that we rented you one of ours to go save your complete dumpster fire of a G5 program who’s only resources are lower academic standards and geography.

Going 0-12 is a pretty decent accomplishment in the AAC. Your guys REALLY had to try hard to ensure they lost those games.

You should be thanking Nebraskans everywhere that we rented you one of ours to go save your complete dumpster fire of a G5 program who’s only resources are lower academic standards and geography
Frost said he wasn't even interviewed for the job that went to Riley.

0-12

More of the same without the coach that pulled you out of the depths of hell.

You should be thanking Nebraskans everywhere that we rented you one of ours to go save your complete dumpster fire of a G5 program who’s only resources are lower academic standards and geography.

Going 0-12 is a pretty decent accomplishment in the AAC. Your guys REALLY had to try hard to ensure they lost those games.
The Nebraska acceptance rate is around 70 percent and your mascot is a day laborer. Please go away.

$20 million in obligations for people that no longer works for Nebraska. I don't think your financial picture is quite as great as you think.

http://www.dailynebraskan.com/sport...al&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=user-share

5.5 million of that is for Bill Moos who is currently employed. Huge stretch for the article to say 20 million.

Again, it’s cute that the little Knights honestly think that UNL will pay that out. Boosters will pick that tab up. They’ve been ready to write the checks for awhile now.

5.5 million of that is for Bill Moos who is currently employed. Huge stretch for the article to say 20 million.

Again, it’s cute that the little Knights honestly think that UNL will pay that out. Boosters will pick that tab up. They’ve been ready to write the checks for awhile now.

This article is not written by "little Knights". Anyway, glad you can cover the expenses.

Don't worry Knights. The rest of us in the Big 10 are quietly laughing at the chest thumping from the Huskers.

Recently, they've done nothing but help tarnish the name of the conference, much like Rutgers & Maryland.

What I can surmise from this thread is that they're basically the University of Indiana in the West, just with a little bit more $.

Don't worry Knights. The rest of us in the Big 10 are quietly laughing at the chest thumping from the Huskers.

Recently, they've done nothing but help tarnish the name of the conference, much like Rutgers & Maryland.

What I can surmise from this thread is that they're basically the University of Indiana in the West, just with a little bit more $.
At least Indiana is a basketball school.

Lol they used to win nattys and now thump their chest on a G5 message board about their deep pockets.

That seems like a pretty deep valley.

Reactions: ucfversusbcs

I wonder if this guy is as cocky in real life as he is posting on a message board. Does he trash talk the homeless and get in their face about how much money he has?

Hey @TrueColors – When you say things like this it’s why UCF fans think all you Nebraska Clowns are flat out A-holes. You aren’t having a friendly discussion of the facts like access to a National Championship or contract dollars- You are purposely putting down our school, it’s alumni, and fan base. You’re right, UCF doesn’t have the money Nebraska does. We are not gifted into the same football TV money and our school has only been around about 50 years so we don’t have the same donors. But our school does some pretty amazing things and is heading in the right direction with football. You’re the type of guy that makes fun of the fat girl at the gym. I’m really hoping this is simply you trolling on the boards and no an extension of you act “in real life”.

That said- Make fun of this donation and UCF football finances if you want. I’m proud of what our community is doing to support this program. As much as you want to make fun the value of these donations, there aren’t even the ones that make me most proud. It’s all the guys I know giving $50, $100, $500- typical middle class who want to support. 15 years ago most people didn’t know we had a football team, now people are pulling from their personal budgets. This to me, shows the progress our athletic program is making.

Maybe Nebraska lands Frost. Maybe you even win another national championship one day.... But you'll always be a Di@k.

I wonder if this guy is as cocky in real life as he is posting on a message board. Does he trash talk the homeless and get in their face about how much money he has?

Hey @TrueColors – When you say things like this it’s why UCF fans think all you Nebraska Clowns are flat out A-holes. You aren’t having a friendly discussion of the facts like access to a National Championship or contract dollars- You are purposely putting down our school, it’s alumni, and fan base. You’re right, UCF doesn’t have the money Nebraska does. We are not gifted into the same football TV money and our school has only been around about 50 years so we don’t have the same donors. But our school does some pretty amazing things and is heading in the right direction with football. You’re the type of guy that makes fun of the fat girl at the gym. I’m really hoping this is simply you trolling on the boards and no an extension of you act “in real life”.

That said- Make fun of this donation and UCF football finances if you want. I’m proud of what our community is doing to support this program. As much as you want to make fun the value of these donations, there aren’t even the ones that make me most proud. It’s all the guys I know giving $50, $100, $500- typical middle class who want to support. 15 years ago most people didn’t know we had a football team, now people are pulling from their personal budgets. This to me, shows the progress our athletic program is making.

Maybe Nebraska lands Frost. Maybe you even win another national championship one day.... But you'll always be a Di@k.

giphy.gif

Reactions: UCFBS
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT