ADVERTISEMENT

HOUSE DEMOCRATS VOTE TO LEGALIZE VOTING FRAUD

_glaciers

Bronze Knight
Feb 25, 2020
from the bill:

Declaring that “States and localities have eroded access to the right to vote”: The bill declares that photo ID, “burdensome” voter registration procedures, purges of ineligible voters, restrictions on vote-by-mail, rules against felons voting, and other measures that states and municipalities have taken to guarantee the integrity of elections are, in fact, “restrictions on the right to vote.” It also suggests these are a form of “racial discrimination” and “systemic racism.”

I think we are to the point where it's just better that we let leftists do what they want to do. Let them own the shit-show they've created and when the majority of people finally see that it's all about authoritarianism, then a true revolution can take place.

I'm sure the liberals here will slam me for that, but if the future they are presenting is so wonderful then it won't ever be an issue anyway.

I'm sure the liberals here will slam me for that, but if the future they are presenting is so wonderful then it won't ever be an issue anyway.
Yeah, Crazy, we all know that all the efforts by Republicans to restrict voting is to guard against voter fraud. :)

Yeah, Crazy, we all know that all the efforts by Republicans to restrict voting is to guard against voter fraud. :)
I'm saying that whatever you guys want to do, have at it. Your side can take all the credit they want if it turns out great, but you have to own it if it turns into crap. Just remember, nothing is stopping you guys from doing whatever you want.

Reactions: ElprofesorJuan

here's what I imagine @DaShuckster dealing with the police would look like:

POLICE: sir, it smells as if you've been drinking I need you to step out of the car.
DS: Oh sure, officer. I'm sure your blue uniform has nothing to do with alcohol 🤪

*cop confused as he's met with @DaShuckster's autistic smile

POLICE: sir, step out of the vehicle or i'm gonna be forced to place you under arrest
DS: Yeah, officer, we all know that your own alcohol problem is to guard against drunk drivers 😉

*cops yanks @DaShuckster out of the car, spilling his bottle of Ativan, while his half-consumed foam cup full of white zinfandel and sprite leaks onto his seat

• Haha
Reactions: Ucfmikes
from the bill:

Declaring that “States and localities have eroded access to the right to vote”: The bill declares that photo ID, “burdensome” voter registration procedures, purges of ineligible voters, restrictions on vote-by-mail, rules against felons voting, and other measures that states and municipalities have taken to guarantee the integrity of elections are, in fact, “restrictions on the right to vote.” It also suggests these are a form of “racial discrimination” and “systemic racism.”
I think we are to the point where it's just better that we let leftists do what they want to do. Let them own the shit-show they've created and when the majority of people finally see that it's all about authoritarianism, then a true revolution can take place.

Look at these Neanderthals.

Voting is a states issue. The federal government trying to play their hand too harshly is what caused the Civil war. They need to back off the heavy handed tactics. It’s going to backfire one way or the other.

Look at these Neanderthals.
you've made the mistake of thinking that because being called names clearly hurts your feelings, it hurts ours as well.

regardless, i don't think that a subspecies of humans with lesser intellect, and a more primitive, violent culture makes them less cool.

you've made the mistake of thinking that because being called names clearly hurts your feelings, it hurts ours as well.

regardless, i don't think that a subspecies of humans with lesser intellect, and a more primitive, violent culture makes them less cool.
Lol, so true. After they called us the worst names in every argument for years, they should’ve figured we’d start ignoring it eventually.

After they called us the worst names in every argument for years, they should’ve figured we’d start ignoring it eventually.
Yet another holier-than-thou rant about nothing.

The President didn't call Abbott a neanderthal, he called his decision to eliminate a mask mandate and reopen businesses when Texas is STILL in the midst of a pandemic with only 14% of its citizens vaccinated neanderthal thinking--which it is.

The President didn't call Abbott a neanderthal, he called his decision to eliminate a mask mandate and reopen businesses when Texas is STILL in the midst of a pandemic with only 14% of its citizens vaccinated neanderthal thinking--which it is.
Neanderthal thinking like releasing covid positive immigrants into society?

***THE ABOVE POST HAS BEEN FLAGGED AS FALSE OR MISLEADING***

FACT CHECKING @DaShuckster
authored by a team of experts and reputable intel-gathering sources

CLAIM:

DaSuckster claims that Biden never called Texas Governor Greg Abbott a Neanderthal

THE EVIDENCE:

Exclusive video evidence obtained by our team of independent fact checkers details Biden did in fact refer to Abbott as "the Neanderthal" when asked about states no longer infringing upon basic human rights by forcing masks upon the general public. Most media outlets, and experts close to the matter, agree that Biden is to take a seminar to learn the dangers and problematic nature of the "unconscious bias" he displayed.

Further, experts note that the reputable CNN conducted a study detailing that many Africans have ancestry that can be traced to that of Neanderthals, which begs the question as to whether Biden wants to re-institute slavery given his remarks when he pointed at a group of blacks and demanded "gonna put yall back in chains".

CONCLUSION:

55c8ce4998b39.preview.jpg

From Fox News: President Biden took a swipe at Republican governors in Texas and Mississippi Wednesday, accusing them of "Neanderthal thinking" following their decision to reverse COVID safety policies, including mask mandates.

"We've been able to move that all the way up to the end of May to have enough [vaccines] for every American, to get every adult American to get a shot," Biden told reporters from the White House Wednesday. "The last thing we need is the Neanderthal thinking."

From Fox News: President Biden took a swipe at Republican governors in Texas and Mississippi Wednesday, accusing them of "Neanderthal thinking" following their decision to reverse COVID safety policies, including mask mandates.

"We've been able to move that all the way up to the end of May to have enough [vaccines] for every American, to get every adult American to get a shot," Biden told reporters from the White House Wednesday. "The last thing we need is the Neanderthal thinking."

No criticism of Connecticut for doing the exact same thing.

And didn't Joe tell us that the darkest days were ahead of us just a couple months ago?

No criticism of Connecticut for doing the exact same thing.
He never explicitly criticized Texas or Mississippi. He simply said decisions to open early when we're starting to really make progress on vaccinations was neanderthal thinking. This would most certainly include the decisions to reopen made by the governors in Connecticut and Oregon too.

BTW, the wifey and I are getting our first vaccine shots this Monday at the Pinnacle Bank Arena.

nice conspiracy, but the fact checkers have spoken

My problem is that Republicans take Voter ID and Voter purges too far. They are good, anti-fraud and 'clean up' mechanisms. But they are not supposed to be used to limit people to only 1-2 ID types, and purge people very election.

They are supposed to force people to use federal or state IDs that are 'good enough' (basic fraud deterrent) and purging voters can't be done every election ... let alone people who vote every election that are fraudulent (their names being used without their permission) aren't solved that way any way.

Again, I'm for Voter ID and Purging. But the Republicans take it way, way too far. So it makes my time difficult with the left, who literally want people voting multiple times, and not actually caring about racism. It's utter lip service to an end.

Just like counting non-citizens like citizens. It smacks of slavery all over again. California using the exact same arguments as slave states 230+ years ago.

Again, I'm for Voter ID and Purging. But the Republicans take it way, way too far. So it makes my time difficult with the left, who literally want people voting multiple times...
You actually sounded reasonable until you started opining what those evil lefties want. 🙄

We live in a "Land of the Free" country that is less than 60 years old when it comes to voting rights. Was it "just a coincidence" that the counties that Trump challenged last election were predominantly Black? Let me guess, it's just a fact that those people are more likely to engage in massive voter fraud, right guys? :)

No racism to be found when it comes to the Republicans taking voter restrictions too far, no sirrreeee.*

There is technology used today when you try to open banks accounts online they will scan your ID front and back. Run database searches on the person and then require a selfie compare. No reason this can't exist for voting.
Exactly. We treat voting like it's still the 1950s. Gee, I wonder if there's a reason for it?

A certain group wants to allow fraud. Seriously no reason to put this technology into voting. Then nobody can really b!tch later about fraud.
Who are the ones bitching about fraud for crying out loud?

Using today's technology, we could:
  • Allow voters the convenience of voting day or night in the weeks leading up to the election;
  • Verify voters' identities online via facial scans in seconds;
  • Bring "voting booths" to the people by bringing PCs and Ipads to low income and rural areas;
  • Privately tabulate the early voting in the weeks leading up the final election day so that the outcomes could be announced within minutes of the polls closing.
Everybody okay with that? Let me guess: We can spend millions of dollars online via credit card through secure sites but voting using similar, secure sites would be 'rife with voter fraud,' right? :)

There is technology used today when you try to open banks accounts online they will scan your ID front and back. Run database searches on the person and then require a selfie compare. No reason this can't exist for voting.
Unfortunately, voting is a civil right, just like the right to self-defense. So,. no, what banks do isn't the same, civics-wise.

I'm for any photo ID that is state or federal issued being used for Voter ID. But it cannot be just a couple of different options. We can only place a voter that they voted, never the actual ballot they voted to the person. That's just how it has to be.

My problem with the left is that they knowingly know that many states have draconian laws if you 'show up second.' I know I did one election, and I lost my vote because -- after showing 3 forms of ID -- I received a 'provisional ballot.' Of course the left's 'answer' to that is, "Oh, well, we should make both of your votes count."

Huh? Circular! That's why I cannot stand the left either.

Unfortunately, voting is a civil right, just like the right to self-defense. So,. no, what banks do isn't the same, civics-wise.

I'm for any photo ID that is state or federal issued being used for Voter ID. But it cannot be just a couple of different options. We can only place a voter that they voted, never the actual ballot they voted to the person. That's just how it has to be.

My problem with the left is that they knowingly know that many states have draconian laws if you 'show up second.' I know I did one election, and I lost my vote because -- after showing 3 forms of ID -- I received a 'provisional ballot.' Of course the left's 'answer' to that is, "Oh, well, we should make both of your votes count."

Huh? Circular! That's why I cannot stand the left either.
According to the US Constitution, voting is not the same as the right to bear arms. The right to bear arms is an natural right that is enumerated in the Bill of Rights so as to signify that the People will not accept Government encroaching upon that inherent right that we have by living. The right to vote is a legal right given to us by the system of government that has been put in place. This is why the right to vote is not enumerated in the Bill of Rights nor is a right to vote mentioned anywhere else. Even though Article 1 Section 2 lays out a direct election of the House by the "People of the several States," it does not then go further an say that the People have a right to vote.

It did not say that intentionally because the Framers did not believe that every human being in America should, indeed, have the right to vote (and it wasn't even racism that drove that decision). Madison, and others, were very worried about the tyranny of the Majority over the Minority and believed that a voter should hold property and be debt free in order to be able to vote without ulterior motivations. The original states all required this and so it would've been easy for them to enshrine this in the Constitution but they didn't. They left it to the states to decide who would vote and who wouldn't. Which was good because the next several states allowed non-property holders to vote. Even the civil rights and suffrage amendments didn't establish a general right to vote, it simply said that if such a right existed, in any place, that the right could not exclude certain groups.

History aside, even the studies that track how far minorities are from ID offices don't acknowledge how many of these people actually have photo ID. You literally need photo ID for almost everything any more and I'd suspect that the actual number of American citizens that don't have photo ID is virtually 0 out of our country of over 330 million citizens.

According to the US Constitution, voting is not the same as the right to bear arms. The right to bear arms is an natural right that is enumerated in the Bill of Rights so as to signify that the People will not accept Government encroaching upon that inherent right that we have by living.
You think the Bill of Rights are our only rights? Seriously?

I won't even go into the other Amendments, the SCOTUS and legal history.

The SCOTUS pretty much has laid down that if you have a civic right, and voting very much is a civic right of the same application as free speech and self defense, that the government has the burden of proof, not the person. And, frankly, it scares me to think anyone would want to think otherwise, but civics and Common Law, that's the Supreme Rulings.

So if you present valid state or federal photo ID, the burden on the government they have to prove it's fraudulent, not vice-versa. And if they cannot prove it in a reasonable time, like 72 hours, they cannot prevent someone from registering to vote, or voting. That's how it should be. Anyone arguing otherwise is ignoring that reality.

And please on the 'direct representation' arguments and other framer arguments that have been changed, liek property. Those were removed centuries ago.

And yes, the states ultimately send their electors and votes to the federal. That's why Trump was absolutely wrong after the Electoral College voted, and then the whole Jan 6th happened less than a month later. Even Rand Paul was furious with his GOP colleagues over that, even if he defended the right of the GOP and Trump to seek challenges in state courts.

The state sends the electors and votes. The federal can only interfere with the state if it's a civil rights violation. Frankly, I think the feds should look into several things, but as always, we're always going to get abuse and fraud. The key is to mitigate the fraud as much as possible, without putting the burden on the voter.

That's the key. So while I believe in Voter ID and purges, and I'm tired of the left saying they are discriminatory in concept, the left isn't wrong when the GOP takes it so far that they are discriminatory in implementation. No, they are not discriminatory in concept, the are basic fraud prevention, but no, the GOP is wrong with the stupid Voter ID limitations they put in, as well as purging every election or every 4 years.

This is why I hate both parties. They don't care about the civics. And they keep arguing over which civil rights don't matter. They all matter. Sorry, they do.

Reactions: Nautiknight
You think the Bill of Rights are our only rights? Seriously?

I won't even go into the other Amendments, the SCOTUS and legal history.

The SCOTUS pretty much has laid down that if you have a civic right, and voting very much is a civic right of the same application as free speech and self defense, that the government has the burden of proof, not the person. And, frankly, it scares me to think anyone would want to think otherwise, but civics and Common Law, that's the Supreme Rulings.

So if you present valid state or federal photo ID, the burden on the government they have to prove it's fraudulent, not vice-versa. And if they cannot prove it in a reasonable time, like 72 hours, they cannot prevent someone from registering to vote, or voting. That's how it should be. Anyone arguing otherwise is ignoring that reality.

And please on the 'direct representation' arguments and other framer arguments that have been changed, liek property. Those were removed centuries ago.

And yes, the states ultimately send their electors and votes to the federal. That's why Trump was absolutely wrong after the Electoral College voted, and then the whole Jan 6th happened less than a month later. Even Rand Paul was furious with his GOP colleagues over that, even if he defended the right of the GOP and Trump to seek challenges in state courts.

The state sends the electors and votes. The federal can only interfere with the state if it's a civil rights violation. Frankly, I think the feds should look into several things, but as always, we're always going to get abuse and fraud. The key is to mitigate the fraud as much as possible, without putting the burden on the voter.

That's the key. So while I believe in Voter ID and purges, and I'm tired of the left saying they are discriminatory in concept, the left isn't wrong when the GOP takes it so far that they are discriminatory in implementation. No, they are not discriminatory in concept, the are basic fraud prevention, but no, the GOP is wrong with the stupid Voter ID limitations they put in, as well as purging every election or every 4 years.

This is why I hate both parties. They don't care about the civics. And they keep arguing over which civil rights don't matter. They all matter. Sorry, they do.
No, you don't have it quite right. SCOTUS has not placed the burden of the government to disprove the that a person is eligible to vote in order to deny them a ballot. Many states have perfectly Constitutional voter ID laws. The fact that you have to provide ID at all to vote places the burden upon the voter to prove that they are eligible. In the 2008 Crawford decision, SCOTUS reaffirmed that Indiana's voter ID laws were constitutional and the remedy for the wrong is a lawsuit from the voters who were not allowed to vote (after the fact). Now, if you are accused of presenting a fraudulent ID, then the burden is on Government to prove that it is fraudulent before you are convicted but that is a different issue.

France has done two things right. one they get 75% of their electrical power from nuclear power and two, in 1975 they outlawed mail in voting . it virtually eliminated fraud in their system.

The Democrats are power hungry whores willing to cheat, steal and lie to win. They despise accountability unless they are holding a republican account. They care about power and party over the nation ,the Constitution and the genuine will of the people. it's all about them ,their elitist control and money grab. They use racism as a sword to justify really bad ideas and policies and to cement power. The problem with this bill is the Constitution gives the STATE legislatures the control and power over all elections. Congress has no Constitutional authority to manage elections .

France has done two things right. one they get 75% of their electrical power from nuclear power and two, in 1975 they outlawed mail in voting . it virtually eliminated fraud in their system.

The Democrats are power hungry whores willing to cheat, steal and lie to win.
They despise accountability unless they are holding a republican account. They care about power and party over the nation ,the Constitution and the genuine will of the people. it's all about them ,their elitist control and money grab. They use racism as a sword to justify really bad ideas and policies and to cement power. The problem with this bill is the Constitution gives the STATE legislatures the control and power over all elections. Congress has no Constitutional authority to manage elections .

THis is nonsense. First off, nobody has proven there is any issue with fraud and mail in voting. You guys are wanting a solution to a problem that doesnt even exist. Second off, this is only an issue because higher turnout tends to benefit Republicans, so they want to make it more difficult for people to vote. In 2016 Utah had over 80% of its votes by mail, and of course Trump won, and Republicans werent bitching about it. The only reason Republicans are bitching about it now is because they lost, plain and simple. They arent remotely concerned about actual fraud, they are just concerned that it will make it easier for Democrats to vote.

THis is nonsense. First off, nobody has proven there is any issue with fraud and mail in voting. You guys are wanting a solution to a problem that doesnt even exist. Second off, this is only an issue because higher turnout tends to benefit Republicans, so they want to make it more difficult for people to vote. In 2016 Utah had over 80% of its votes by mail, and of course Trump won, and Republicans werent bitching about it. The only reason Republicans are bitching about it now is because they lost, plain and simple. They arent remotely concerned about actual fraud, they are just concerned that it will make it easier for Democrats to vote.

FACT CHECKING @Cubs79
authored by a team of dedicated scholars and intellectuals

CLAIM:

In 2016 Utah had over 80% of its votes by mail

EVIDENCE:

Our team of independent fact checkers has unearthed data indicating that the above claim is not only false, but also likely borne of poor reading comprehension and inability to understand empirical data. Our source indicates that Utah had a total voter turnout of 80.4 after implementing extensive vote by mail systems. This is a mere 0.25% increase from the previous election, in a state that has achieved nearly 90% voter turnout more than once since the 1960's.

CONCLUSION:

politifact-pants-on-fire.png

FACT CHECKING @Cubs79
authored by a team of dedicated scholars and intellectuals

CLAIM:

In 2016 Utah had over 80% of its votes by mail

EVIDENCE:

Our team of independent fact checkers has unearthed data indicating that the above claim is not only false, but also likely borne of poor reading comprehension and inability to understand empirical data. Our source indicates that Utah had a total voter turnout of 80.4 after implementing extensive vote by mail systems. This is a mere 0.25% increase from the previous election, in a state that has achieved nearly 90% voter turnout more than once since the 1960's.

CONCLUSION:

politifact-pants-on-fire.png

Ok you got me, my # was wrong. But They still allowed vote by mail pretty much statewide, so why werent all of you bitching about fraud then? Because a Republican won. None of you actually believe in voter fraud by mail or you would have been bitching about it for years.

Ok you got me, my # was wrong. But They still allowed vote by mail pretty much statewide, so why werent all of you bitching about fraud then? Because a Republican won. None of you actually believe in voter fraud by mail or you would have been bitching about it for years.
because a 0.25% increase seems fairly realistic, compared to the ~5% increase seen in key swing states.

because a 0.25% increase seems fairly realistic, compared to the ~5% increase seen in key swing states.

What does that have to do with anything? If you think it leads to fraud it should matter to you in every state, not just swing states.

What does that have to do with anything? If you think it leads to fraud it should matter to you in every state, not just swing states.
I never said it didn't, I'm pointing out the difference in magnitude in huge states compared to a handful of Mormons that wanted to stay home and drink caffeine-free root beer.

If that is your position at least it is consistent. I think it is dumb, but at least its consistent.
Voting is a right and a responsibility, right? Well if it's such a sacred thing, I don't think it's too much to ask people to go get an ID and actually show up in person to protect the holiest of holy rights that our government grants us. Sorry, if you can't put forth a minimum of effort to vote, you shouldn't be allowed to vote.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT