ADVERTISEMENT

How DARE my Weather Man talk about Global Warming!!!

Who the hell is dumb enough to deny climate change in 2023?!
This is an actual letter to the editor in today's Omaha World Herald:

"For some of us, it is very hard to get excited about what all the scientists and weathermen are warning us is going to happen climate-wise, 50-100 years from now. The reason I say this is because today, they can't tell us what the weather will be like tomorrow or next week with any real certainty.

If any of you ever talked to your parents or grandparents about what the weather was like back in the 1930's, you would know that hot dry weather isn't anything new. It's happened before and will happen again in all probability."

This is an actual letter to the editor in today's Omaha World Herald:

"For some of us, it is very hard to get excited about what all the scientists and weathermen are warning us is going to happen climate-wise, 50-100 years from now. The reason I say this is because today, they can't tell us what the weather will be like tomorrow or next week with any real certainty.

If any of you ever talked to your parents or grandparents about what the weather was like back in the 1930's, you would know that hot dry weather isn't anything new. It's happened before and will happen again in all probability."
And this is why we need an IQ test prior to allowing people to vote.

Wacko behavior is not limited to Anti-vaxxers.

It's happening, I've seen reef bleaching 1st hand. Only sheep blindly follow narratives of their affiliated political parties.

A tropical storm just ballooned into a category 5 hurricane in LESS THAN 12 HOURS.

If you still deny climate change kill yourself before you kill more innocent people.

Last edited:
I don't think many people deny climate change, just the man made part.
The climate has always changed.
This is where Ninja usually pops in. But I'm going to beat him to the punch today. :)

Mankind HASN'T changed the Earth's climate? This has got to be one of the stupidest things you've ever said.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
This is where Ninja usually pops in. But I'm going to beat him to the punch today. :)

Mankind HASN'T changed the Earth's climate? This has got to be one of the stupidest things you've ever said.
Every day he sets a new record for the stupidest thing he has ever said.

Imagine being a goddamn high school graduate cleaning pools for a living and thinking you know more about climate science than PhDs who dedicate decades to studying this. It's just hilarious when you think about it.

I didn't say man hasn't changed it. Just that is where the disagreement lies. If man has changed it, how much is 98 % natural, and 2% man 90-10, 80-20. Deaths caused by weather are far less today because of Heat and air conditioners. both use fossil fuels How many lives are saved by satellites tracking storms that we used to know little about, they didn't get to space riding fairy dust.

I didn't say man hasn't changed it. Just that is where the disagreement lies.
This is like stating there is 'disagreement' over evolution.

You can visit literally hundreds of natural history museums which document the scientific evidence, but nobody is forcing you to buy into it, right?

You can visit literally hundreds of natural history museums which document the scientific evidence, but nobody is forcing you to buy into it,
Again back to the subject at hand. How much of global warming is caused by man, how much is natural fluctuations. .04% of atmosphere is CO2, and man causes 3.9% to 1/3 of that CO2. So at worse, man made Co2 is .012%. No body in this thread is talking evolution .
FOCUS

Again back to the subject at hand. How much of global warming is caused by man, how much is natural fluctuations. .04% of atmosphere is CO2, and man causes 3.9% to 1/3 of that CO2. So at worse, man made Co2 is .012%. No body in this thread is talking evolution .
FOCUS
Have you contacted NOAA to provide them your research? I know they just received a new supercomputer with 10 Petaflops of computing power, but you seem pretty confident in your 3rd grade level percentage calculations so maybe it's worth it for them to double check their findings.

LMAO My example was used because your dumbsh*t "Is global warming man-made?" question is as idiotic as someone questioning whether evolution is real.
Again back to the subject at hand. How much of global warming is caused by man, how much is natural fluctuations. .04% of atmosphere is CO2, and man causes 3.9% to 1/3 of that CO2. So at worse, man made Co2 is .012%.
Impressive. :)

Social media climatologists are ALMOST as knowledgeable as social media viral scientists.

• Haha
LMAO My example was used because your dumbsh*t "Is global warming man-made?" question is as idiotic as someone questioning whether evolution is real.

Impressive. :)

Social media climatologists are ALMOST as knowledgeable as social media viral scientists.
I did not ask if it was man made, simply how much is man made. Reading composition not high in Nebraska basements?

A simple Google search answers that one.
Now hold on, that's a great article but I don't think they have had time to review @goodknightfl 's thesis that he just posted here a few quotes up. He did some heavy research, including some nearly 3rd grade math with percentages.

I'm sure the folks at NOAA comprised of hundreds of PhDs in climate science armed with one of the top 25 fastest super computers in the world are burning the midnight oil (pun intended) reviewing the findings of a college drop out pool cleaner.

Good article. I agree with the end that speaks of us adapting to the changes to minimize the effects. We will not get China, India and other emerging countries to change much to slow it down. I am for making changes that maximize the benefits for the $$ spent. But let's get real, the problem isn't going to go away, no matter what we do. I am 100% against gimmicks like carbon tax, which does nothing except provide rich with excuses why it is ok to fly private jets, and live in 4 mansions, while saying I need to drive a E mini car.

Good article. I agree with the end that speaks of us adapting to the changes to minimize the effects. We will not get China, India and other emerging countries to change much to slow it down.
This is a worldwide issue that requires worldwide cooperation. Is it going to be easy? Hell no. But we've got to get serious about it or we'll keep watching climate change getting more and more inhospitable.

For all the whining about the cost, we seem to ignore how much more money we're spending each year dealing with the aftermaths of our annual natural disasters. The people who discount it with the comment "we've ALWAYS had violent storms, flood, hurricanes, and tornados" hasn't been paying attention to their growing frequency along with their growing intensity.

This is a worldwide issue that requires worldwide cooperation. Is it going to be easy? Hell no. But we've got to get serious about it or we'll keep watching climate change getting more and more inhospitable.

For all the whining about the cost, we seem to ignore how much more money we're spending each year dealing with the aftermaths of our annual natural disasters. The people who discount it with the comment "we've ALWAYS had violent storms, flood, hurricanes, and tornados" hasn't been paying attention to their growing frequency along with their growing intensity.
We don't disagree it is a world issue. But at best even with 100.s of trillions spent, you are at best going to slow it down a little bit. Do what if effecient, and do what you can do to blunt the effects. Problem is NO ONE is really doing anything, elitist fly all over the world in privatte jets to resorts and cry about the schmuk driving a gas powered four cylinder ford.

Do your part use extra blankets, turn down the heat and don't even think of flying or driving to Florida.

We don't disagree it is a world issue. But at best even with 100.s of trillions spent, you are at best going to slow it down a little bit. Do what if effecient, and do what you can do to blunt the effects. Problem is NO ONE is really doing anything, elitist fly all over the world in privatte jets to resorts and cry about the schmuk driving a gas powered four cylinder ford.

Do your part use extra blankets, turn down the heat and don't even think of flying or driving to Florida.
Did NOAA ever get back to you about your ground breaking calculations, disproving dozens of years of research? No doubt the hundreds of PhDs they have programming and feeding data to a 10 Petaflop supercomputer made a mistake, after all you used to be a pool cleaner.

• Haha
I have not argued for or against their #s, doesn't change the fact the Elitist are using this to control the masses, while living the exact opposite lifestyle of what they preach. I know Al Gore needs 4 mansions, to fly private jets and have a 40 foot houseboat. I know John F'n Kerry (who served in Vietnam by the way) Needs to pump out 50x Co2 I do so he can tell me to use less. If they truly were believers, they would live like they are believers.

Guess what THEY DONT. If you want to pay carbon tax to people growing trees to profit on them down the road, great. But they will grow those trees with or without the extra sucker money.

I have not argued for or against their #s, doesn't change the fact the Elitist are using this to control the masses, while living the exact opposite lifestyle of what they preach. I know Al Gore needs 4 mansions, to fly private jets and have a 40 foot houseboat. I know John F'n Kerry (who served in Vietnam by the way) Needs to pump out 50x Co2 I do so he can tell me to use less. If they truly were believers, they would live like they are believers.

Guess what THEY DONT. If you want to pay carbon tax to people growing trees to profit on them down the road, great. But they will grow those trees with or without the extra sucker money.

Rules for thee and not for me...

I have not argued for or against their #s,

This you?
FOCUS

doesn't change the fact the Elitist are using this to control the masses, while living the exact opposite lifestyle of what they preach. I know Al Gore needs 4 mansions, to fly private jets and have a 40 foot houseboat. I know John F'n Kerry (who served in Vietnam by the way) Needs to pump out 50x Co2 I do so he can tell me to use less. If they truly were believers, they would live like they are believers.

CSB sounds like you are on the same page as the fringe far left Democrats that there should be some sort of max wealth cap.

Bottom line is we won't stop global warming if John Kerry (who served in Vietnam by the way) gives up his private jet. We will stop global warming if we support science backed research and policies that they champion.

Reactions: DaShuckster
We will stop global warming if we support science backed research and policies that they champion.
THIS!!! ^^^^

I can already hear the knee-jerk response, "B-B-But what about India and China?"

It has to start somewhere. Somebody has to step up and take the lead. Guess what? Others will follow.

If we were the whole problem, or even 90% of the problem we could make a big dent. Sorry if you think China will follow, you are nuts.

How many times in the history of the World have people said, "THAT will never happen!"? And then -- low and behold -- it happened.

If we don't try, everyone is screwed.

How many times in the history of the World have people said, "THAT will never happen!"? And then -- low and behold -- it happened.

everyone is screwed.
On this part we agree. The truth is no one is really trying. Those pushing for change are only pushing what works for their personal best interest. They fly all over the place on private planes, saying we shouldn't have gas stoves.

On this part we agree. The truth is no one is really trying. Those pushing for change are only pushing what works for their personal best interest.
1) There will always be hypocrisy; and 2) while everyone needs to take this seriously, its the big corporations who are responsible for the mess we're in. .

Like most things in our human history, we'll finally buckle down and get serious when we see we're in the eleventh hour of our existence if we don't change. Hopefully, it won't be too late.

You can visit literally hundreds of natural history museums which document the scientific evidence, but nobody is forcing you to buy into it, right?
Liberal's evolved from chimps, Conservatives were created by God.

• Haha
Reactions: DaShuckster
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT