ADVERTISEMENT

How DARE my Weather Man talk about Global Warming!!!

Yeah winters will get colder as the next Ice age heads our way.
What ice age? News flash: Our glaciers are melting at a staggering pace.

Since the turn of the century, scientists report we've lost 270 billion--with a B---tons of ice which raises the global sea level.

Sea Levels are up 10 to 12 inches since 1880, It should be noted the 1880 is at the end of the mini Ice age.
The belief is over the next 30 t0 40 years it will go up another 10 to 12 inches.

It is going to be a real problem, but it is mostly manageable. Which is now highly populated shoreline will be gone and people and buildings will have to go or be fortified to handle the new conditions.

We don't even know what conditions are best for most life on planet Earth, We do know that Ice ages are not.
We may today be in the goldilocks zone, or it could be where we will be in 20 to 30 years.

We have increased fuel mileage, better lighting, cleaner power plants, more efficient homes and will continue to improve on all of that, but China, India and others are going to wipe out all of those gains and then some. Lets be honest the people leading the push are willing to do nothing. Al Gores mansion uses 21x times the average persons home power. Flying private jets is a massive waste. Almost none of them will make the changes needed to slow the effects. We are doomed to dealing with those effects, and we will.

Why are you posting this link instead of the link to your Nobel Prize for proving wrong thousands of PhD's armed with a top 10 most powerful supercomputer?

climate.png

• Haha
Reactions: Ucfmikes
Why are you posting this link instead of the link to your Nobel Prize for proving wrong thousands of PhD's armed with a top 10 most powerful supercomputer?
Hell, you don't have to be a climatologist to look around and realize, "Damn, storms are more violent than they used to be!" and "Crap, how many more days of 100-plus temps are we gonna get this month?" to figure out the weather is changing.

# of 100 degree days in orlando by the year

As for Florida I don't see any difference in the storm # or strength. Problem here is the state is far heavier populated, especially on the coast. More homes on the beach mean more damage. When we moved to the space coast in 1957 our town had <12k people when my parents arrived, now it is 35k. So yes storms do more damage.

Last edited:
# of 100 degree days in orlando by the year

As for Florida I don't see any difference in the storm # or strength. Problem here is the state is far heavier populated, especially on the coast. More homes on the beach mean more damage. When we moved to the space coast in 1957 our town had <12k people when my parents arrived, now it is 35k. So yes storms do more damage.
Hey guys, the pool cleaner with a high school degree said 99.7% of all climate scientist PhDs along with NOAA and every other weather organization in the world is wrong because he counted the number of 100 degree days in one town.

For Christ's sake you are too goddamn stupid to understand just how goddamn stupid you are.

In defense of goodknightfl, he engages in actual discussions. We may disagree with his takes but they are better than grade school trolling, nonsense manifesto writing, or the latest death watch announcement.

Hey guys, the pool cleaner with a high school degree said 99.7% of all climate scientist PhDs along with NOAA and every other weather organization in the world is wrong because he counted the number of 100 degree days in one town.

For Christ's sake you are too goddamn stupid to understand just how goddamn stupid you are.
Shuck asked a direct question on 100-degree days, In orlando they have not gone up, in fact they were worse in the 20's and in the 40's.
As for Hurricanes FL has had 3 in the last 4 years, one cat 3 1 cat 2 and 1 cat , not at all unnormal. 2016 thru 2019 had 4 one cat 4, still pretty average, before that 06 thru 15 we had 0, very quiet, far below normal. then 04 and 04, we had 2 active years with 8 total then you go back to normal #s for another 20 plus years. Also checked Ga, and their #s and strength are very average. I skimmed thru La, and SC and saw no signs of it being worse there either.
Storms are not worse today, but Damage is worse because what was fairly low population, is now much denser. (which describes your mind)
Bottom line is you are the uninformed stupid one on the board not me. U spend your time listening to the Al Gores of the world who make a fortune spinning this BS.

Hurricanes many not be becoming more frequent, but the ones we're getting are more intense -- making them more dangerous -- than in the past..
I just showed you Florida, they are not getting more intense, Same is true for Georgia, and with quick looks at SC and NC the same holds true. LA and MISS are also pretty similar. Stats show the opposite of what you say. In La/MS there was Katrina , but Camile in the 60's was a bigger badder storm. Damage was heavier with Katrina mainly because more people live there. Facts are strange things. I did not look at Texas, that could be a different story.
Bottom line is there are not more storms, and they are not more intense. We only have good records for at most 200 years before that is at most a guesstimate. Off shore storms were not seen unless a ship happened to get caught in it. Intensity is even a bigger guess, as they didn't have 1/2 of the equipment we have now. ( example labor day storm in the key in the 1935, they have as 175 mph winds, did they really have an accurate way to measure that then? That storm was virtually the same as Andrew that hit florida in the 1990's. The damage was similar other than population and buildings were far less in 1935. 401 died in that storm.

I just showed you Florida, they are not getting more intense, Same is true for Georgia, and with quick looks at SC and NC the same holds true. LA and MISS are also pretty similar. Stats show the opposite of what you say.
I'm far from an expert on the subject, so I "googled" 'Are storms getting more intense?' and what came up on Page 1 was the following:
  • A NYTimes article on "Atlantic Hurricanes" saying, there was more rapid intensification of storms along the east coast of the United States, in the southern Caribbean, and in the eastern Atlantic from 2001 to 2020 compared with 1970 to 1990. In the Gulf of Mexico, however, there is less rapid intensification now compared with previous years.
  • A Science News article with the headline, Hurricanes are getting more dangerous but may or may not be as frequent; and
  • A Fact Check article saying as difficult as they are, there are no more hurricanes today than there were a 100 years ago. As you stated, it said the skyrocketing population along the coast means they are far more costly and destructive than they were in the past (including flooding from the storm surges.)
For whatever reason, my search seemed to focus on hurricanes, so I'll buy your take. But it has been scientifically proven that rising temperatures have an impact on Mother Nature. And global warming is a documented fact.

Glad you decided to do a bit of research. The bottom line is nothing has changed Hurricane wise. everything is within norms as far back as we can look. If you actually wanted to go back 18 years we are below the historical norm. I don't argue global warming is happening, but the predictions by the scientist have continually been wrong, as far as the catastrophic results. There has been study after study saying we have 8, 10, or 12 years or it is too late, and those articles go back to the 1980's. The #1 global fix the UN and others want is a international carbon tax which will enrich elites and seriously hurt the masses.
Even if the West cut emissions in 1/2 (not going to happen), China, India and others will add in that much more as they develop. You are better putting more $$ into dealing with whatever the new normal is going to be. That does not mean we don't continue to get more efficient, the 2 things do not compete with each other.

One cool new tech being developed I saw last week is a company has/is developing a device that separates the Co2 in the air, and they end up with carbon which can make anything we now use it or it can be stored safely underground, and you have a fuel which is carbon neutral.

I don't argue global warming is happening, but the predictions by the scientist have continually been wrong, as far as the catastrophic results.
Like anything else, I suspect it's more a matter of exaggeration. But it is an undeniable fact that the Earth's glaciers are melting away and the polar ice caps are disappearing. There is no denying the consequences of it are significant.

I'm still in absolute awe of a goddamn high school degree earning pool cleaner thinking his opinion is worth the same as literally thousands of trained PhD's armed with some of the top 10 most powerful supercomputers on earth.

What in the actual hell is wrong with you?

Last edited:
My opinion is worth exactly yours is. NOTHING. I really don't have an opinion, I accept it is happening, I accept that we can't do much to change that fact. I accept that my Grandkids are going to have to live with the results of the warming, whatever that means.
What I don't accept is all the end of the world in 10 years bullshit those scientists have been spouting for 40 years. The weather has not dramatically changed over the course of those 40 years. Humans are adaptable beings and will do just that.

I never do or have been a person that overreacts to change.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT