ADVERTISEMENT

How good can the Knights be next year?

Stormthecourt?

Golden Knight
Jan 19, 2012
i know it's early but this team is ahead of schedule just like Blake's fiesta bowl team was a year ahead of schedule. Unlike that team a lot of this years guys will be back. From what I can tell we lose 2 OLinemen, 2 DLinemen, TE, and 2 LBs from starting roles. If I had to guess the two defensive linemen will be the hardest to replace. If Frost has another great recruiting class how great can this team be next year?

i know it's early but this team is ahead of schedule just like Blake's fiesta bowl team was a year ahead of schedule. Unlike that team a lot of this years guys will be back. From what I can tell we lose 2 OLinemen, 2 DLinemen, TE, and 2 LBs from starting roles. If I had to guess the two defensive linemen will be the hardest to replace. If Frost has another great recruiting class how great can this team be next year?
Hopefully, as good as this year. That's what I said throughout last season's hoops season.

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
The 6'7", 5 star Oregon transfer is here and we have Zio, Zayas and Cholewa all 6'7". The line should be fine. Need a another WR and a couple more track guys like Killins.

Beat Cincy, then we can talk about next year. LOL.

Uh, UCF will not lose a game until Nebraska hires Scott Frost away. You heard it here first.

Beat Cincy, then we can talk about next year. LOL.

Uh, UCF will not lose a game until Nebraska hires Scott Frost away. You heard it here first.
Yeah, we need to concentrate on this year. We've played three really bad defensive teams. I want to see what they can do against a complete team...whenever we play one.

Nevermind, just looked at the team defensive stats in our conference:
kQVZBmR.jpg

Reactions: muckdawg24
Lets just enjoy this year. Next year could be beyond special. The good thing is if this turns out like the fiesta year, we wont' be fighting lost schollies and sanctions the next to years. The Key is holding on to Scott Frost, lose him and who knows.

If Frost runs the table as currently predicted, which would likely mean 2 wins over ranked opponents (Navy, USF) and a top 10 ranking. The biggest task will be keeping him for next year and Nebraska won't be the biggest program targeting him.

Reactions: Mikesi
Lets just enjoy this year. Next year could be beyond special. The good thing is if this turns out like the fiesta year, we wont' be fighting lost schollies and sanctions the next to years. The Key is holding on to Scott Frost, lose him and who knows.
I totally forgot about the lost scholarships and sanctions. Good point

Why stop at next year? I'm really curious as to how our 2057 squad is going to fare in the upcoming Space Bowl
I already have tickets. Just waiting to rent a car from Space Shuttle rental. There's a long waiting list and it's not going to be cheap

jetsons-mansion.jpeg

JETSONS%2BFOOTBALL.png

Reactions: Mrcordell18
How about those Chicken Littles who are worried about thinking about more than 1 thing at a time, i.e "just thinking Cincy" not read threads like this? That will stop your tiny minds from getting scared. I assume you've quit work and life and only concentrate on UCF's next opponent 24 hours a day. The rest of us who can hold more than 1 thought in their heads can read these threads.

If Frost runs the table as currently predicted, which would likely mean 2 wins over ranked opponents (Navy, USF) and a top 10 ranking. The biggest task will be keeping him for next year and Nebraska won't be the biggest program targeting him.
Were that the case. From now on, Navy, USF, UCF, etc. will all struggle just to hold their ranking. The season ends once the OOC games are over! That locks AAC schools into playing each other the next 2 months while the P5 schools play each other. At the end, some 8-4 and even a 7-5 schools will be ranked due to strength of schedule and a home upset or two (the P5 schools biggest advantage is that they get to play half their conference's higher ranked schools in front of their own screaming fans). Even an undefeated UCF can't make it to the top ten -- not after playing all those 110th ranked schools and no good opponents. USF is even worse off because they don't even play Navy or Memphis this year. Illinois, their best OOC opponent, is ranked 101st now.

How about those Chicken Littles who are worried about thinking about more than 1 thing at a time, i.e "just thinking Cincy" not read threads like this? That will stop your tiny minds from getting scared. I assume you've quit work and life and only concentrate on UCF's next opponent 24 hours a day. The rest of us who can hold more than 1 thought in their heads can read these threads.
Agreed. Maybe they should not have clicked on this thread.

FAU
UNC
Pittsburgh
Temple (home)
Cincy (home)
SMU (home)
Navy (home)
Memphis (away)
ECU (away)
Uconn (away)
USF (away)

I'm kinda still stuck in 2017 ...
Excuse me while I attend games and support our AD, Coaches and program.

Reactions: UCFProf
I don't have any questions about our offense but defensively, can we get better? The predator will be gone. He's a game changer. Four of our front 7 graduate. I don't see any other game changers out there. Tired or not, there is no excuse to not even lift your arms up in the air to try and wrap people up. It will come down to what our defense looks like. With our offense being so lethal, we will certainly vie for the East division again, especially since Flowers is graduating, and let's be frank, UConn, ECU, and Cincy are embarassing on defense.

No reason this team wont be preseason favorites in every one of those games.

UNC may be tougher than we think when they are healthy. I think they literally lost more than half their starters to season ending injury this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT