ADVERTISEMENT

How many do we bring to Atlanta?

I'm pondering if I can swing it. I don't think I know anyone there well enough to crash with and paying for a hotel would probably break what little budget I have...

+30K Atlanta is great for New Years and driveable or quick flight

I’m sure a lot will go. Great location. I just dropped $300 to go, which I never thought I would do for a football game.

Got a group of 8 going. Gotta survive the buckhead bars the night before first though

I got one. $150 and $13 in fees. Not bad
Fiesta bowl cost me like $248

Not near midtown. Everything is sold out NYE. $500-$800. If you stay about 10 miles out, there are cheap rooms. But 10 miles in Atlanta might take you 2.5 hours with traffic
No one should be driving to the game. This is not the Fiesta Bowl built way outside town with parking lots galore. Everyone should plan to ride Marta(Atlanta’s metro for $2) and get off at the stop right outside the stadium

I've got me plus 3. Is parking really going to be that bad if I grab a car at the airport?

I've got me plus 3. Is parking really going to be that bad if I grab a car at the airport?
Do you have to have one? Or are you just going to the game and then flying out? Lyft to the stadium would only cost $25 max. Riding the metro is $2

No one should be driving to the game. This is not the Fiesta Bowl built way outside town with parking lots galore. Everyone should plan to ride Marta(Atlanta’s metro for $2) and get off at the stop right outside the stadium
Good to hear. I’ll be staying near the airport.
Uber may be tough getting back. Definitely doing Marta or Uber/Lyft to the game.

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
Well, looks like all 500 of the $50 student tickets will be gone by 10 AM. About 300 - 400 students camped out overnight.

This was the line just before 9 am this morning. Well over 500 students. Wish UCF could offer more than 500 tickets at the $50 student price.

Do you have to have one? Or are you just going to the game and then flying out? Lyft to the stadium would only cost $25 max. Riding the metro is $2

Yea, coming in just for the game then pulling a runner afterwards and I've gotten resistance to MARTA for some reason. I assume Lyft & a rental will be stuck in the same congestion. I just don't know how how bad it'll be.

Not sure how many went to Fiesta bowl, but seeing as this is drive-able I would expect significantly more, particularly from students who couldn't afford a flight. Maybe double or triple that of the Fiesta.

Yea, coming in just for the game then pulling a runner afterwards and I've gotten resistance to MARTA for some reason. I assume Lyft & a rental will be stuck in the same congestion. I just don't know how how bad it'll be.
Marta for game day is a no brainer. There is a stop right a the stadium and there is a Marta line that runs up through downtown to midtown to Buckhead where just about everybody will be staying.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT