ADVERTISEMENT

How stupid do you have to be to believe this crap?

Right. You had no first hand experience. I had a friend hospitalized on a vent in the first part of 2020. So it colors your perspective. No doubt people close to you have now been colored by your experience. Same with people close to SCK. It turns out it’s not just the flu bro. Some experienced it early on. Some avoided personal experience in the first wave but have been blasted by delta.
Effects change greatly on person to another. I have lost 3 friends to Wuhan. Have 2 others I know who barely got sick. and have a friend who is in a coma right now and very unlikely to survive it. I would personally encourage people to get the shot or shots depending on type, but also believe it is a personal medical choice, and should not be forced. The older you are the more you should consider the shots. My 3 friends who died were in their 80's and 90's, and the one sick now is in his 80's.

Effects change greatly on person to another. I have lost 3 friends to Wuhan. Have 2 others I know who barely got sick. and have a friend who is in a coma right now and very unlikely to survive it. I would personally encourage people to get the shot or shots depending on type, but also believe it is a personal medical choice, and should not be forced. The older you are the more you should consider the shots. My 3 friends who died were in their 80's and 90's, and the one sick now is in his 80's.
I am sorry to hear about your friends.

There is a good chance that you won’t get the virus and if you get it, it probably won’t send you to the ICU. Get the vaccine and oncrease the odds that you won’t get it (40-50% protection) or have to go to UCI (80% protection vs unvaccinated).
Everybody should wear their masks to reduce the amount of virus floating around in a room.
If you get infected, all bets are off and (I say) take everything you can find as long as it isn’t dangerous for your health (horse paste is out, Rx Ivermectin is ok). If Ivermectin doesn’t work, at least your gut will b clean

You guys wanted me to be succinct. That's how I'm doing it.

I'm also attaching it to studies and authorities, or tagging as appropriate, so it's all intra-linked.

This is really 'common sense' at this point, especially with the studies and authorities that point to what the medical community is actually doing.
I'm not saying you are right or wrong in what you said, but you can't source yourself as evidence.

I'd guess that it would be the opposite. Israel pushed hard in the beginning and got a lot of people vaccinated quickly. With waning immunity, we may actually be doing worse right now if we'd sped up the vaxxes. We're probably lucky because a lot of people here will be getting their 2nd booster shot just ahead of the winter season.
In the beginning of the vaccinations we didn't know how long they would be effective. It turns out that Pfizer dropped from 96 percent to 84 percent effectiveness after 6 months. Vaccines no doubt have saved countless lives.

In the beginning of the vaccinations we didn't know how long they would be effective. It turns out that Pfizer dropped from 96 percent to 84 percent effectiveness after 6 months. Vaccines no doubt have saved countless lives.
There's also the reality that poor, early yields may have resulted in substandard vials, but we wanted to protect the elderly and most susceptible as fast as possible, so the risk was worth substandard vials.

We also have to recognize that the early vaccinations were first given to the elderly too, so that also skews the results, as their rates of infection, disease-illness, serious disease-hospitalization and death are higher too.

• Dislike
Reactions: fabknight
I'm just glad that when push came to shove, Florida did the right thing. They handed out the horse wormer along with zpack and budesonide. We had numerous reports on social media this was going on all over the state, including Orlando Advent Health. Without a doubt thousands of lives were saved. The hospital system was not overloaded. One can only assume DeSantis had a hand in this.

I'm not so sure the other states are going to do that. I think they let the bodies hit the floor when their time comes.

It’s literally crimes against humanity. This is all to clear the runway for Merck’s molnupiravir

I am sorry to hear about your friends.

There is a good chance that you won’t get the virus and if you get it, it probably won’t send you to the ICU. Get the vaccine and oncrease the odds that you won’t get it (40-50% protection) or have to go to UCI (80% protection vs unvaccinated).
Everybody should wear their masks to reduce the amount of virus floating around in a room.
If you get infected, all bets are off and (I say) take everything you can find as long as it isn’t dangerous for your health (horse paste is out, Rx Ivermectin is ok). If Ivermectin doesn’t work, at least your gut will b clean
I am not afraid of Covid, and I have gotten the Vaccine. I worked every day until I retired in July, only wore mask inside public buildings that asked that they be worn. ( I don't think a cloth mask does anything) N95 or better probably does help some. I no longer wear a mask in public buildings other than Doctor offices that won't let you in without one. I do still try to give people space in stores when I can do so. I am 66, odds are something is going to kill me in the next 20 to 25 years. If Wuhan does it, well thats life. More people have died that are over 80, than have died under the age of 65. I am going to live what life I have left not act like it is the end of the world. People under the age of 50 and healthy are crazy to be freaked out over this. The Flu is worse.

I am not afraid of Covid, and I have gotten the Vaccine. I worked every day until I retired in July, only wore mask inside public buildings that asked that they be worn. ( I don't think a cloth mask does anything) N95 or better probably does help some. I no longer wear a mask in public buildings other than Doctor offices that won't let you in without one. I do still try to give people space in stores when I can do so. I am 66, odds are something is going to kill me in the next 20 to 25 years. If Wuhan does it, well thats life. More people have died that are over 80, than have died under the age of 65. I am going to live what life I have left not act like it is the end of the world. People under the age of 50 and healthy are crazy to be freaked out over this. The Flu is worse.
Ignore. This. Fool.

• Haha
Reactions: Ucfmikes
Does he still clean pools? He can come clean mine. After he turns it brown with his bullshit, I’ll push him in and throw him some ivermectin. I heard it works on drowning victims over the life preserver sitting next to it
For what it's worth, I've heard on Twitter that some life preservers have been known to get twisted around a person's neck and strangle 'em to death. My cousin called and told me it happened to his next door neighbor just last week.

But -- for the record -- I'm NOT anti-life preserver.

• Haha
For what it's worth, I've heard on Twitter that some life preservers have been known to get twisted around a person's neck and strangle 'em to death. My cousin called and told me it happened to his next door neighbor just last week.

But -- for the record -- I'm NOT anti-life preserver.
That’s why you use it in life or death situations and not as a flotation device 😊

Does he still clean pools? He can come clean mine. After he turns it brown with his bullshit, I’ll push him in and throw him some ivermectin. I heard it works on drowning victims over the life preserver sitting next to it

LMAO. He always used to complain about how his business wasn't doing well. And I was always like "Scrub harder or use more Chlorine. While you're down there, scrape up that dead frog." How effing hard is it to pH a pool?

• Haha

It's always a real tough call for me. Should I get my medical advice from my physician or the scores of people in my family who are doctors or researchers, or from this stunad (Italian for a stupid person) who cleans pools for a living and has an IQ of 67.

It's an extremely tough call. Help me out.

• Haha
I had a pest control business, not a pool business. My business did very poorly after the so called great recession. That being said, I rode it out and survived it. Tons of small businesses didn't. Covid was barely a blip on the radar with my business, My business was on the essential list and I never shut down. I had a few customers temp stop service as they were out of work from the business they worked at or their own business that was shuttered. After 40 years of being in business I sold out this year and retired.

Reactions: Crazyhole
The flu is definitely 10x worse for kids under 12 which is why any discussion of vaccinating young kids is a joke.

And for the record I fully quarantined my kids and I got them tested until they had the negative test.
So.. where in this discussion were we talking about kids under 12? Can’t you read?

We are at 700,000+ deaths now and many have died after contracting it from children, but it’s just the flu 🤦🏻‍♂️🙄

So.. where in this discussion were we talking about kids under 12? Can’t you read?

We are at 700,000+ deaths now and many have died after contracting it from children, but it’s just the flu 🤦🏻‍♂️🙄

Melvin has a hard time following along.

Someone said the flu is worse. That is definitely not true for those under 12.

Did you live in fear when 50-70k die of the flu annually? What is the mark where it matters?
700,000+ in far less than 2 years. You’re talking about 8-10 x more deaths. It’s not the flu, so stop being a “3rd grader.”

The flu is definitely 10x worse for kids under 12 which is why any discussion of vaccinating young kids is a joke.

And for the record I fully quarantined my kids and I got them tested until they had the negative test.
Here are your Flu deaths shit for brains

Number of influenza deaths in the United States from 2010 to 2020​

2019-2020*22,000
2018-2019*34,000

'Debating' with our Anti-Vax Crew here in the WC is the closest thing I've seen to the Wack-a-Mole game. Comebacks are always, "Yeah, but what about THIS....or THIS....or THIS?"

Reactions: KnighttimeJoe
Go back a few more years. Of course more people died of covid. What point do you go full beta about a virus though? Give me the death percentage in your age group that would make you live in fear. Assuming less than 1%.
I've given up with them. Getting them to admit things is impossible, no matter how many statistics you throw at them.

Remember when they said hundreds of kids died one week?! ;)

Go back a few more years. Of course more people died of covid. What point do you go full beta about a virus though? Give me the death percentage in your age group that would make you live in fear. Assuming less than 1%.
Just posted a thread to make you look like an imbecile

• Haha
Reactions: KnighttimeJoe
The facts, from the CDC's own DB ...
  • Pandemic Influenza A variants have been are far worse on children than any SARS variant pandemics have been ... orders of magnitude worse ... even in the late '60s and '70s.
  • Common Influenza B variants are about the same as the current SARS-CoV-2 variant pandemic, about 150-250 kids/year.
    • Common Influenza C variants spread more than B, but don't kill as much.
  • Pneumonia -- which kids are vaccinated early against as an infant -- still kills kids 3x worse than Common Influenza B/C or SARS-CoV-2 variants for that matter, and 'long Pneumonia' is still 10x more common and complicating than 'long COVID' in kids.
  • Tuberculosis has continued to kill 1.5M people world-wide, in all age groups, 200-250,000 kids, per year, although Americans test orders of magnitude lower for it than others, even legal immigrants to the US.
But you guys utterly suck at math, and keep spewing things well out-of-context. It's kinda a joke at this point how much you 'railroad posters' and end up being wrong, repeatedly, and just argue against nothing anyone said.

The scary thing is when 'the new norm' is all this 'mandatory Statism' attitude that is being rationalized now will be applied to everything that kills even more ... we're utterly f'd as a free society.

Last edited:
'Debating' with our Anti-Vax Crew here in the WC is the closest thing I've seen to the Wack-a-Mole game. Comebacks are always, "Yeah, but what about THIS....or THIS....or THIS?"
Because if we have lockdowns to 'protect kids' over SARS-CoV-2 ... then parents are really f'd when they start looking at things that kill kids 10x more! Right now we're using fear-based justifications, and that gets scaring when we actually start using real statistics!

It's like watching gun control arguments when over 85% of all unlawful homicides, let alone 90% of child deaths from guns, are organized crime with unlawfully acquired weapons and so few straw purchasers. We're trying to destroy freedoms using utterly false arguments.

I'm not anti Vax. I'm anti commie restrictions and freedom. Those at risk "should" get vaccinated but that is their choice.
Then please explain, Mr. "Anti-Commie Restrictions", what made the Covid vaccines a freedom-issue when the ten or so other vaccine 'mandates' for kids have been accepted for the last three generations of parents?

I'm talking specifically shutting down businesses that did zero. I'm talking about forcing masks. Then lastly the vaccine doesn't stop the transmission of the virus and kids in general don't get sick from covid.

Then why try to mandate a vaccine on people that already had covid? The people with natural antibodies.
I'm talking specifically about MANDATES that children show proof of vaccinations before entering school.

Why have these vaccine mandates been universally accepted for generations?

Why are Covid vaccine requirements considered so dracionian when actual mandates regarding other vaccines haven't warranted as much as a shrug from the public?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT