ADVERTISEMENT

Huepel Destroying what put us on the map

FPI had us favored over Cincinnati this year. Vegas had Cincinnati +5 at kickoff.

So i would say LSU was only game. I cant remember if Memphis CCG if we were favored as mack was QB. Fpi would have favored us. It didn't know we lost Milton.
I do agree its not only losing favored games but blowing 2+ score leads.

What bothers me is the stagnation of the offense. We come out on fire and get a couple of quick scores. The D adjusts and it takes us about 4 possessions before we can figure out what they are doing and get our offense rolling again. The D adjusts again and it is another 2-3 possessions before we adjust. That isn't the case against our weaker opponents, but against good teams, especially the ones with a good D, we really struggle to move the ball for large stretches of the game (Tulsa and Cincy). Memphis was just horrible D.

You know the D is thin right now. Why be in such a hurry to run the offense? Let the D rest up a little bit, help preserve them for later in the game. Might give the staff a little more time to look and see how the D is adjusting.

Reactions: clmssun
Watching Gonzaga play Kansas out the gym yesterday, and Auburn today, makes me resent Frost even more. Frost could have been Few and we could and should be something like a Gonzaga.

What bothers me is the stagnation of the offense. We come out on fire and get a couple of quick scores. The D adjusts and it takes us about 4 possessions before we can figure out what they are doing and get our offense rolling again. The D adjusts again and it is another 2-3 possessions before we adjust. That isn't the case against our weaker opponents, but against good teams, especially the ones with a good D, we really struggle to move the ball for large stretches of the game (Tulsa and Cincy). Memphis was just horrible D.

You know the D is thin right now. Why be in such a hurry to run the offense? Let the D rest up a little bit, help preserve them for later in the game. Might give the staff a little more time to look and see how the D is adjusting.
I’ve said this multiple times. If our starting D is getting tired and giving up points, put backups in for a series here and there. Still give up points but starters get rest. It isn’t rocket science in giving rest without changing our offense.

IMHO, Coach has to first, beat USF today with authority, 2) improve next years W-L record, 3) change his play calling. He used to call plays that made us successful. 4) Defense secondary has to improve, 5) Defensive line has to get stronger and put more pressure on opposing team QBs. :)

I’ve said this multiple times. If our starting D is getting tired and giving up points, put backups in for a series here and there. Still give up points but starters get rest. It isn’t rocket science in giving rest without changing our offense.
I thought Shannon was consistently changing out the D players already? I think we have no choice with our UCFast offense (especially if we run run pass punt).

UCF had 10 opt outs including both starting corners. Another starting corner is still recovering from a knee injury. 4 additional starters were dismissed from the team. So the backups are starting. What you are calling for is the backups to the backups. We already rotate the D line, but we don’t have an infinite number of players to plug in. At some point the depth runs dry.

UCF had 10 opt outs including both starting corners. Another starting corner is still recovering from a knee injury. 4 additional starters were dismissed from the team. So the backups are starting. What you are calling for is the backups to the backups. We already rotate the D line, but we don’t have an infinite number of players to plug in. At some point the depth runs dry.
If we have 85 on roster, you only need 22. That’s 63 backups. 3 backups at every position. I believe you can have 100 on team. 3 at every position. So that’s 12 DBs. Put a LB on a receiver. We are giving up points when tired anyway. Give the starters a rest or 4 during game. Stop using being tired. Put all walk ons out there for 10 plays. Then the starters are tested last 4 minutes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT