ADVERTISEMENT

**Hurricane Florence Watch**

Storm is going to hit on Thursday afternoon and hang out until late Friday or even Saturday morning. Can air travel occur? Will they have electricity? Etc...we know the drill. This game needs to be flipped to our field so everyone can square away travel and cancel reservations. They need to announce it tomorrow. Sucks because I was psyched to go up there.

Reactions: MckenzieMilton10
Storm is going to hit on Thursday afternoon and hang out until late Friday or even Saturday morning. Can air travel occur? Will they have electricity? Etc...we know the drill. This game needs to be flipped to our field so everyone can square away travel and cancel reservations. They need to announce it tomorrow. Sucks because I was psyched to go up there.
UNC will be happy to cancel a guaranteed loss

Latest track looks like Friday/Saturday landfall in the Carolinas. They could move the game back to Thursday if it’s hitting on Saturday. If not, this game will be cancelled for sure. Schools won’t take a chance.

cane-DMID1-5g26f7612-480x360.jpg
I don't see UCF agreeing to a voluntary short week on the road when defending the nation's longest winning streak

Get ready for the people who will claim we are scared to play a big bad ACC team if this gets cancelled. A team that ECU beat by 3 touchdowns will be the difference in the eyes of the committee.

Reactions: MckenzieMilton10
Well I think this game will be canceled. I can’t see any way that it is not on the current track. Not to mention it is projected to make landfall with 140 mph winds. It is going to cause a lot of costal devastation if it does and the interior will have tons of power outages. Depending on how fast it moves it could also cause tons of flooding if it lingers at all, like what happened in Houston.

Well I think this game will be canceled. I can’t see any way that it is not on the current track. Not to mention it is projected to make landfall with 140 mph winds. It is going to cause a lot of costal devastation if it does and the interior will have tons of power outages. Depending on how fast it moves it could also cause tons of flooding if it lingers at all, like what happened in Houston.
Predicting 1 to 2 ft of rain over 4-5 days as well...

A decision tomorrow or noon Wednesday at the latest would be nice. There’s nothing good that can come out of this except it’s not a home game and North Carolina is not good. So.., we just play 11 games again?

Just give it a little longer....this thing may swing north. Too hard to predict this far out.

Normally you are right but we are not that far out we are within the 5 day cone of uncertainty now. It will be making landfall now its just a matter of where. SC or NC.

It's only a matter of time before news on this game comes down the pipe.

I was trying to remember the timeline of the GT game last year and found this article documenting it. GT offered to swap the home-and-home but the issue was half the team wasn't back on campus until Wednesday and the first practice (in a week) was on Thursday. Not enough time to prepare.

With the UNC game, they're not really in the same situation. They have advance warning, can get out of Dodge in time to practice and prepare and we have plenty of capacity to host them.

As others have said, if they choose not to flip home and homes in reschedule, it's pretty clear they don't have a desire to play us while we're on the upswing.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...lorida-knights-return-practice-hurricane-irma

With the UNC game, they're not really in the same situation. They have advance warning, can get out of Dodge in time to practice and prepare and we have plenty of capacity to host them.

As others have said, if they choose not to flip home and homes in reschedule, it's pretty clear they don't have a desire to play us while we're on the upswing.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...lorida-knights-return-practice-hurricane-irma
It’s not always that easy of a decision. These coaches and staff are worried about their homes and families. A football game isn’t the top priority

Reactions: Knight Strength

They just lost to ECU, I doubt they are concerned about losing to UCF. Also I doubt they like the idea that players who originally would have been suspended this week now will have to sit for a conference game.

UCF chose to allow their coaches and players to be with families during an emergency situation, its not unusual that UNC will do the same.

It’s not always that easy of a decision. These coaches and staff are worried about their homes and families. A football game isn’t the top priority

Maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea to batten down the hatches and get the team and family out of the storm's path. On the flip side, I just looked at their schedule for the following week and they're supposed to host Pitt for a conference game. They may be in the same situation we were in last year.

It Florence makes landfall anywhere near where it's projected to at Cat 3 level or better, they're probably not going to be in a situation to play that game either.

Didn't we miss more than one game in a row? I recall Maine being shelved, Memphis rescheduled and we played Austin Peay to make up for Maine....along with GT cancelled.
Thats why the students werent around right?

Didn't we miss more than one game in a row? I recall Maine being shelved, Memphis rescheduled and we played Austin Peay to make up for Maine....along with GT cancelled.
Thats why the students werent around right?
Maine was cancelled because we played Memphis (conference game). More that we replaced the game with a different opponent.

Hurricane Florence is rapidly intensifying on its path toward the East Coast and is now a Category 4 with 130 mph winds, the National Hurricane Center said in a special update. Florence is expected to strengthen to 150 mph just before landfall somewhere on the southeast or Mid-Atlantic coast Thursday night.

Computer model forecasts generally project the storm to make landfall between northern South Carolina and North Carolina’s Outer Banks, although shifts in the track are possible, and storm impacts will expand great distances beyond where landfall occurs. Given the uncertainty and time it takes to evacuate, officials in North Carolina have issued mandatory evacuation orders for Dare County and Hatteras Island.

Governor of SC just ordered mandatory evacuation of the coast. There is not way the game will be played on Saturday unless some miracle pushes this thing off the coast

I agree the game is not going to happen. They are making major roads from the coast one way for the evacuations. :sunglasses: Hotel rooms across North Carolina have jumped way up in price with many already sold out.

I can see it announced Tuesday. Campus is evacuated. I bet will pick up an fcs home game or something on our bye week.

I agree the game is not going to happen. They are making major roads from the coast one way for the evacuations. :sunglasses: Hotel rooms across North Carolina have jumped way up in price with many already sold out.
Hopefully I can get a refund. It’s non refundable. They need the room and can raise the price.

It’s a lot of work, but it’s Monday. Not impossible. I took Friday off. Been planning this for 6-7 months. I need a weekend game!
Anywhere!!!
Tallahassee? We can remind them what football looks like!

Seriously, though, the Falcons should let NC State play their game there. Jacksonville should let us play there. It would make the NFL look real good. Be pretty sparse crowds but great optics.

South Carolina might have to move their game as well. Heck, have them play in Atlanta as well. One game at noon. The next at 6 or 7 pm.

Last edited:
It’s a lot of work, but it’s Monday. Not impossible. I took Friday off. Been planning this for 6-7 months. I need a weekend game!
Anywhere!!!
That's messed up for you and the other UCF fans that took time off to be part of the Knight Road Warriors....if they cancel.

Reactions: Mikesi
That's messed up for you and the other UCF fans that took time off to be part of the Knight Road Warriors....if they cancel.
Yeah. I was supposed to meet up with 2 friends. It’s a major disappointment and a major financial hit
Working 60-75 hour weeks and I needed this Friday off badly. I can still work it if I know soon, but I may just keep it off

Things like this happen. It could always be worse. We could be getting hit in Orlando or have a house in Surf City like my sister. In the end, weather disasters outweigh football, but I’m all for other options

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT