ADVERTISEMENT

I really hope you can keep your coach

One bowl prediction article on ESPN has UCF playing UM in the Peach Bowl.
Isn't there a clause in the bowl contracts that prohibits teams from the same state playing one another? I know we've been mentioned playing UF a handful of times in the past for bowl games; and that was squelched quickly because the bowls don't allow in-state match-ups. Can anyone confirm?

Dang good question Chris, I would think they would want too so they get more butts in the seats (depending on location of course).

Isn't there a clause in the bowl contracts that prohibits teams from the same state playing one another? I know we've been mentioned playing UF a handful of times in the past for bowl games; and that was squelched quickly because the bowls don't allow in-state match-ups. Can anyone confirm?
I doubt it. Perhaps rematches they don't want which may be instate unless it for a National Championship. But I seriously doubt it's in a rule where they can't play each other in a bowl. UF probably doesn't want to play us and has to ok an opponent which means they nix us as the team opposite them. Other than that no.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT