ADVERTISEMENT

I really hope you can keep your coach

Agreed, Richt is doing a job and a half there. No doubt you guys are back to prominence, going to be scary the way he recruits.
I think Miami being good makes things a little more difficult for UCF in recruiting but oh well. If Florida Programs could actually keep all of our recruits home there is room for multiple In State Programs to all be Top 25.

Reactions: Miltonian
I'm torn as to who to root for this weekend between ND and Miami. A ND loss would be more chaos, which I'm always for... but a win could lead to a highly rank ND left out of the playoffs, which could speed the move to an 8 team playoff.

Reactions: Nautiknight
I'm torn as to who to root for this weekend between ND and Miami. A ND loss would be more chaos, which I'm always for... but a win could lead to a highly rank ND left out of the playoffs, which could speed the move to an 8 team playoff.
I can't stand ND. However, if they win and it causes a rush to 8 teams with a G5 spot, then I will root for them. If they lose and it causes upheaval, then go Canes. ( I just threw up in my mouth as a FSU alum as well, lol).

We still need to win out for the peach bowl to be a reality. Charge on.

An 11-1 ND is not getting left out of the playoffs no matter how much people hate them. They'll have wins over USC, MSU, UM, NC State and Stanford. That would be the strongest 1 loss record in the country, second only to UGA if UGA loses to Bama. They're not getting jumped by the Pac12, Big 12 or Big 10 winner.

UCF has no realistic chance of making the playoffs. The lowest ranked team in the initial poll to make it was #16. That was Ohio State. UCF isn't coming all the way from #18 no matter how badly I want it to be true.

If we play Miami, here are the brackets for the State of Florida Championship.

Miami has already eliminated FSU

FSU and UF will play for that consolation bracket.

UCF has eliminated FIU and will need to play USF and win, only game remaining.

FIU will play FAU in sun-belt. Champ game for consolation bracket.

My fiancé is a UM alum

I am really hoping for a UCF v Miami in the Peach Bowl

Probably the only way I can convince her to come on New Years.

But for Miami to go to the Peach would mean... Miami beats Notre Dame but loses the ACC title match.

If Miami goes undefeated, they will be in the playoff.
If Notre Dame does undefeated, they will be in the playoff and Miami goes to Orange Bowl

If Clemson wins the ACC title, they go to the playoff. 1 loss Notre Dame goes to Orange Bowl. 1 loss Miami goes to Peach.

If we play Miami, here are the brackets for the State of Florida Championship.

Miami has already eliminated FSU

FSU and UF will play for that consolation bracket.

UCF has eliminated FIU and will need to play USF and win, only game remaining.

FIU will play FAU in sun-belt. Champ game for consolation bracket.
It's a shame UF won't play us every year.

Canes, Noles, and Knights uniting in Gator Hate
giphy.gif

Can the Florida Legislature work back channels to tell UF it can't steal UCF's coach?

It should be part of Frost’s buyout that the team that poaches him must play us every year.

It should be part of Frost’s buyout that the team that poaches him must play us every year.
You didn't hear? Mikesi said he's staying.
But yes an 11-1 ND is making the playoff. Even if Miami wins they will eventually lose to Clemson

Would love to see the Big 5 in Florida *if you include the Bulls :( * play each other, but don't see that ever happening.

Reactions: Vike Knight
13 is not the ceiling if you win out. I don't think 10 is either. You will have won games against 1 maybe 2 top 25 teams. Oklahoma and TCU play, Notre Dame and Miami play, Notre Dame still plays Stanford. Oklahoma/TCU still have to play in the Big 12 Championship. Miami still has to play in the ACC championship. Auburn plays Georgia and Alabama. Ohio State plays Michigan. If Wisconsin wins the Big Ten they will knock the other team behind you.

There are a lot more games to play and a lot more potential for UCF to move up in the playoff rankings. Like I said in another thread, if you have more than 1 season like this, you will start off ranked higher. See Boise State. They were likely headed for a national championship game bid before Nevada beat them. Then it went downhill for them.

That said I want there to be 6-8 teams. They could guarantee 5 for the power 5 champions to appease them, 1 for a highly ranked independent, and 2 for the G5 (or 3 if the independents suck). I don't want more than 8 teams ever, because one of my favorite things about college football is that "every game counts." Increasing the playoff to 16 would kind of ruin that. You would have 2-loss and maybe even 3-loss teams in there.

Reactions: Lurky
13 is not the ceiling if you win out. I don't think 10 is either. You will have won games against 1 maybe 2 top 25 teams. Oklahoma and TCU play, Notre Dame and Miami play, Notre Dame still plays Stanford. Oklahoma/TCU still have to play in the Big 12 Championship. Miami still has to play in the ACC championship. Auburn plays Georgia and Alabama. Ohio State plays Michigan. If Wisconsin wins the Big Ten they will knock the other team behind you.

There are a lot more games to play and a lot more potential for UCF to move up in the playoff rankings. Like I said in another thread, if you have more than 1 season like this, you will start off ranked higher. See Boise State. They were likely headed for a national championship game bid before Nevada beat them. Then it went downhill for them.

That said I want there to be 6-8 teams. They could guarantee 5 for the power 5 champions to appease them, 1 for a highly ranked independent, and 2 for the G5 (or 3 if the independents suck). I don't want more than 8 teams ever, because one of my favorite things about college football is that "every game counts." Increasing the playoff to 16 would kind of ruin that. You would have 2-loss and maybe even 3-loss teams in there.
I'm not thinking playoffs, but would love to see us inside the top 10 in every poll to end the year. Lots of football and challenges ahead. Uconn should be a win, but USF will be a war as will a possible Memphis rematch.
Temple on the road could be tough as well.

Is ALL THAT Happens, then we get a very very quality Peach Bowl opponent. Just enjoying the ride.

Repeat games are the worst. The only one I remember where a team went 2-0 was UCLA vs Stanford several years ago.

That said I want there to be 6-8 teams. They could guarantee 5 for the power 5 champions to appease them, 1 for a highly ranked independent, and 2 for the G5.
Logic doesn't come into play with the committee

Just say no to UM. Who can forget that shitshow last time at Dolphin stadium... My wife still gives me hard time ... "bye bye UCF". lol

I still think something what ultimately hurts UF and Nebraska right now is the fact that Frost is only 42 and just starting out as a head coach. The Nebraska job will always be there for him eventually. There is no hurry to take it now. He's almost better suited to wait another few years until he's more experienced. And if his true "Dream Job" is Nebraska, why take the UF job at all. His chances of maintaining success while also be allowed to learn before jumping to NU are waaaay higher at UCF than UF.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT