ADVERTISEMENT

If Frost leaves I hope he fails at Nebraska

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...Frost had been saying for several weeks that he was only focused on the team and game prep. Frost said he would talk to Nebraska AFTER the season. Words right out of his own mouth.

If things happen as quickly as Nebraska folks claim...(i.e. Saturday press conference ALREADY announced) it is quite clear that Frost has been lying the past few weeks.

That by itself is enough to wish him difficulty in his herculean task of resurrecting a dead Nebraska program.

Then there is the general disdain for the entire "power" 5. UCF fans root for the thorough destruction and embarrassment of all P5 programs due to their greed and the cartel like, anti-trust issues that would make their action illegal in private industry.

This. He's been asking his players to focus on the season. He also needs to focus on the season. Nebraska isn't going anywhere. The job will still be open.

Recruiting is a sham. Beyond 5 stars and the top 4 stars the only "evaluation" going on is what sort of offers a player gets. So the simple fact that Nebraska offers makes a player higher rated than if UCF offers. I have yet to see a strong correlation between recruiting rankings and winning outside of the top teams who are getting the aforementioned 5 and top 4 star players.

Recruiting is directly tied to winning. I get that you don't need top recruits to win, but to compete at high levels, you need top recruits.

Please take Alabama as an example.

Should be good for 3rd or 4th place finish in the b10 every year

I am not upset that Frost is going to Nebraska. I am upset he is going now, gutting our coaching staff on the way out, leaving us with a handful of, at best, coaches to coach in the 2nd biggest game in our history. That is a A-1 dick move, period. All the talk about how he loves the kids and preaches family is 100% BS. You don't bail on your family in time of need. We need a full and fully focused coaching staff to complete this season the right way and he is robbing us of that. If Nebraska is such a great place to play and everybody wants to go there, then why is the early signing period so important? Couldn't the golden boy gets his players in February, after showing his loyalty to his current employer? Wouldn't that help sway recruits to play for him? The answer is no, because no one wants to play there and he needs all the time he can to recruit, so is bailing the first chance he gets
Good points. Some of the fanbase even said if he can win consistently and win some big games sometimes he has nothing to worry about. If thats the case, why so urgent? Wait for year two.

Recruiting is directly tied to winning. I get that you don't need top recruits to win, but to compete at high levels, you need top recruits.

Alabama isn't recruiting at the level I am referring to. I am talking about the thousands of players who aren't 5 or top 4 star players. The evaluation process on these players is directly tied to what their offer list looks like and what school they commit to.

Nonsense? Show me the national champ from outside those areas in the last 20 years. Go ahead...I'll wait.

Nonsense is believing that 20 years of empirical data has no merit.

Nonsense is believing that 20 years of no one in Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, Wyoming, Colorado, Nevada, Illinois, Indiana or Minnesota has sniffing a national championship is not a significant trend. Not 20 years from ONE school, 20 years from an entire section of the country.

The times are a chaning? Give me one piece of data that supports the notion that times are changing in favor of those areas winning national championships. One piece. The times have been changing, for 20 years, to the southeast. You people are still so stuck in the 90's that you missed the whole thing.

It works very well for your argument when you single out a couple states. First you claimed out side of the "southeast" now you name a few states.

You seem to change when it fits the agenda.

One other thing you will find out, not one natty has gone to UCF, you will also find out MOST championships go through a certain number of schools

15-16 schools have won the national championship over the last 47 years.. that is all!

http://www.ncaa.com/history/football/fbs

Championship History

Year
Champion Selecting Organization
2016 Clemson CFP
2015 Alabama CFP
2014 Ohio State CFP
2013 Florida State BCS
2012 Alabama BCS
2011 Alabama BCS
2010 Auburn BCS
2009 Alabama BCS
2008 Florida BCS
2007 Louisiana State BCS
2006 Florida BCS
2005 Texas BCS
2004 Southern California BCS
2003 Louisiana State, Southern California BCS, AP, FWAA
2002 Ohio State BCS
2001 Miami (Fla.) BCS
2000 Oklahoma BCS
1999 Florida State BCS
1998 Tennessee BCS
1997 Michigan, Nebraska AP, FWAA, NFF, USA/ESPN

Last edited:

Exactly. People seem to forget that back in the 2000-2006-ish timeframe, right before Saban was hired, even they kind of sucked. That's when their recruiting reign of terror began.

Reactions: MisterDaddy
Nebraska was in the Big 8, then Big 12 and getting those Texas recruits to Nebraska along with California recruits and some Florida kids. Tommy Frazer a Florida QB wanted to play at UF but at the time rumor has it Spurrier would not have a black QB. Tommy Frazer was from Manatee High School in Bradenton and they were winning state title after state title back in the day. Nebraska is not getting those recruits anymore. Frost will get some from Florida because he has a connection here but once we get our coach I think that might dry up. Most Florida kids don't want to go to Nebraska and play in the cold.

If he's leaving I hope they fire him Friday.*
Hahahaha. I know that you are pissed off, but.....we will all look back at this and laugh. Something tells me that this will be just a short chapter in our history years from now.

Exactly. People seem to forget that back in the 2000-2006-ish timeframe, right before Saban was hired, even they kind of sucked. That's when their recruiting reign of terror began.
They sucked and they still had top 20 recruiting classes every year.

Nebraska was in the Big 8, then Big 12 and getting those Texas recruits to Nebraska along with California recruits and some Florida kids. Tommy Frazer a Florida QB wanted to play at UF but at the time rumor has it Spurrier would not have a black QB. Tommy Frazer was from Manatee High School in Bradenton and they were winning state title after state title back in the day. Nebraska is not getting those recruits anymore. Frost will get some from Florida because he has a connection here but once we get our coach I think that might dry up. Most Florida kids don't want to go to Nebraska and play in the cold.
I'm sorry, but hat's simply not true at all. Two years ago Nebraska got the top safety in the country. This year they have the best WR in Texas, and they had one of the best DB's in the country committed before playing at IMG. Once he knew Riley was getting fired he decomitted.

My butthurt is starting to set in. Listening to Frost say he'll "always be a UCF guy" kind of pisses me off. Really? You left the second you had success. You don't get to call yourself a "UCF Guy". Even though it's a sore subject, GOL is more of "UCF Guy" than Frost.

I know, I know...

Reactions: balkdog
My butthurt is starting to set in. Listening to Frost say he'll "always be a UCF guy" kind of pisses me off. Really? You left the second you had success. You don't get to call yourself a "UCF Guy". Even though it's a sore subject, GOL is more of "UCF Guy" than Frost.

I know, I know...
Understood. Whats worse is he left us with an offense that is subject to being overhauled at its peak because we can't find a fricken coach that knows how this works.

I understand the whole deal about the dream job being offered earlier than expected, but the price of that is you have sell out the people who gave you your shot. and with that comes hard feelings. He has to understand that people hating him for it is the price he has to pay. And I really don't care that he is in a no win situation. If he goes, UCF fans hate him. If he stays, he's a villain in Nebraska forever. Well, he's not really a UCF anyway, so see ya.

Reactions: balkdog
Well...Frost had been saying for several weeks that he was only focused on the team and game prep. Frost said he would talk to Nebraska AFTER the season. Words right out of his own mouth.

If things happen as quickly as Nebraska folks claim...(i.e. Saturday press conference ALREADY announced) it is quite clear that Frost has been lying the past few weeks.

That by itself is enough to wish him difficulty in his herculean task of resurrecting a dead Nebraska program.

Then there is the general disdain for the entire "power" 5. UCF fans root for the thorough destruction and embarrassment of all P5 programs due to their greed and the cartel like, anti-trust issues that would make their action illegal in private industry.

This is unfortunately the norm for these coaching deals now. They are being coached for legal and other reasons, but I get what you are saying. The real losers as always are the kids at Nebraska and UCF in the short term, and UCF for putting a bow on this special year. At the same time I am selfish and am hoping for better things to come to Lincoln. I’m really impressed with what I’ve been reading about UCF throughout this process. I always told my wife I’d love to live there, I think you’ll do better than Tennessee...

Reactions: SADUCFKNIGHT17
I'm sorry, but hat's simply not true at all. Two years ago Nebraska got the top safety in the country. This year they have the best WR in Texas, and they had one of the best DB's in the country committed before playing at IMG. Once he knew Riley was getting fired he decomitted.

Are you talking about Brendan Riley Hiles? I don't know him personally but I know people that play at IMG and they said he was wanting to de-commit for awhile before he actually did. Apparently he thought the school was boring and that Lincoln was too country for him.

Are you talking about Brendan Riley Hiles? I don't know him personally but I know people that play at IMG and they said he was wanting to de-commit for awhile before he actually did. Apparently he thought the school was boring and that Lincoln was too country for him.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him recommit after Frost is named

That's probably why he'll end up going to the urban metropolis that is either Norman, Oklahoma or Clemson, South Carolina. It has nothing to do with their excellent football teams, or the relationships he's made with either coaching staff. It has more to do with all the exciting things to do in either of those mini Orlando's.

Reactions: whoboppin
If UCF loses this game Saturday, it's gonna stick in Frost's mind for a long time. Because he isn't getting another shot at a conference title or NY6 game for awhile.

LOL, he'll forget all about us within 5 minutes. A MAN of integrity would stay long enough to FINISH something.

Reactions: ucfversusbcs

I know, I know...

That statement means that he is either:
1.) leaving
2.) staying forever

LOL, he'll forget all about us within 5 minutes. A MAN of integrity would stay long enough to FINISH something.

I keep seeing this sentiment about Frost "finishing something." What exactly are you wanting him to finish? He inherited an 0-12 team and led them to an undefeated season, and the limitations of the program as a whole have impeded his ability to crack the top 10. Y'all talk like he's pulling a Lane Kiffin and leaving in the middle of a season for a lateral move. Every JV star plays varsity someday.

You want integrity? Here you go:
"I love Nebraska football. I love the state of Nebraska. I long for the days when the characteristics of the team we put on the field on Saturdays exemplified the characteristics of the hard working people of our state." - Scott Frost, 2005

That's probably why he'll end up going to the urban metropolis that is either Norman, Oklahoma or Clemson, South Carolina. It has nothing to do with their excellent football teams, or the relationships he's made with either coaching staff. It has more to do with all the exciting things to do in either of those mini Orlando's.
I guess.. That's just what I was told. 18 year olds aren't exactly the most rational bunch either.

I sure will miss the coach that went .500 against USF and never won a bowl game here.*
So 0-12 to 12-0 wasn't good for you in two years, you are one of those big Fla meth users I guess. This is his dream job, give the man a break. It was going to happen at some point it was ramped up because of our shit season and all the openings. I truly believe SF would be at UCF until Neb was open, it was expedited based on MR crap season.

So 0-12 to 12-0 wasn't good for you in two years, you are one of those big Fla meth users I guess. This is his dream job, give the man a break. It was going to happen at some point it was ramped up because of our shit season and all the openings. I truly believe SF would be at UCF until Neb was open, it was expedited based on MR crap season.

If this scenario was happening to Nebraska in the same exact manner you wouldn’t feel great about it even if it was his dream job. We all get it and understand why it’s happening but we are not happy for him because we care about UCF not his alma mater. As a fan base this is new territory for us. We have never lost a HC to another program before. Feelings may vary but I doubt Most are wishing him fair winds and following seas.

If this scenario was happening to Nebraska in the same exact manner you wouldn’t feel great about it even if it was his dream job. We all get it and understand why it’s happening but we are not happy for him because we care about UCF not his alma mater. As a fan base this is new territory for us. We have never lost a HC to another program before. Feelings may vary but I doubt Most are wishing him fair winds and following seas.
fwiw - Mike Norvell's record at Memphis 18-6
of course the response - well why don't you hire him instead of actually addressing that fact

Something tells me that this will be just a short chapter in our history years from now.

Agreed, short chapter indeed. For a program with a barely above .500 winning percentage, the prospect of another undefeated season will definitely be worth a laugh. Or at least an audible exhale through the nose.

fwiw - Mike Norvell's record at Memphis 18-6
of course the response - well why don't you hire him instead of actually addressing that fact

Sorry if I wasn’t clear I’m a UCF fan and was writing that from my perspective as a fan. I’m not really following what you’re saying.

Kind of sucked? They were worse! Alabama went through something like 5 coaches between 92 and 07

Sorry if I wasn’t clear I’m a UCF fan and was writing that from my perspective as a fan. I’m not really following what you’re saying.
I'm just continuing the if this wasnt Frost, a coach with only 2 years experience wouldnt be welcomed at Lincoln. I thought you were pushing that too which led me to adding Norvell has a better overall record than Frost...actually more consistent too.

I'm just continuing the if this wasnt Frost, a coach with only 2 years experience wouldnt be welcomed at Lincoln. I thought you were pushing that too which led me to adding Norvell has a better overall record than Frost...actually more consistent too.

Gotcha, I agree with that sentiment. I think most Nobraska fans would be upset with a non P5 coach coming in with so little experience. Especially not winning anything of significance.

Reactions: ucfversusbcs

Okay well address this fact: which coach took over a 9-3 team and which coach took over an 0-12 team? There's not really anything difficult to understand there.

People in Lincoln wanted Frost as OC back when he was still WR's coach under Kelly. Ever since Frost started his coaching career at Nebraska as a GA, us fans have always held the feeling that he would one day return in some capacity.

Reactions: NU_FTW
That’s what he’s saying.

No it's not. He's trying to imply we only want him back because he's one of our own. Fact of the matter is, Frost is by far the hottest coaching candidate this year because he turned an 0-12 disaster into an aggressive, exciting winner.

Does him being from Nebraska sweeten the deal? Of course it does, because it gives us peace of mind that we're his destination, not a stepping stone like being a P5 OC or G5 HC.

@SurfaceWarrior editing because it won't let me post again. If Frost told us no, my first choice would be Matt Campbell, followed by Dave Doeren.

Last edited:
No it's not. He's trying to imply we only want him back because he's one of our own. Fact of the matter is, Frost is by far the hottest coaching candidate this year because he turned an 0-12 disaster into an aggressive, exciting winner.

Does him being from Nebraska sweeten the deal? Of course it does, because it gives us peace of mind that we're his destination, not a stepping stone like being a P5 OC or G5 HC.

Guess I got hung up on the second part of your post about wanting him back since he was a GA.

If Frost was off the table who would you want?

Okay well address this fact: which coach took over a 9-3 team and which coach took over an 0-12 team? There's not really anything difficult to understand there.

People in Lincoln wanted Frost as OC back when he was still WR's coach under Kelly. Ever since Frost started his coaching career at Nebraska as a GA, us fans have always held the feeling that he would one day return in some capacity.

Not necessarily. Before the 0-12 season we were 31-8 the three seasons before. Our team still had talent and were promised the GOL will get you a diploma guarantee. Plus while the current state of our program was in disarray with a head coach secretly retired and an OC returning us to a blah style, it wasnt that hard for Coach Frost to win the players over. To say GOL left the cupboard dry is also an overstatement. Our best receiver Trequan Smith is a GOL recruit and half our starting front line is too. While Coach Frost's recruits in year two are spectacular, he mostly inherited a team that lost confidence and probably was frustrated that they didnt get to play in Charlie Taffe's hybrid offense.

Norvell inherited a team that lost its top QB and several key seniors and was able to maintain a solid record. I mean P5 fans are the first to admit, teams like Memphis would ebb and flow due to the level of recruits, yet he was able to keep them consistent after Fuentes left. Thats pretty impressive for a po dunk G5 like Memphis.

Reactions: smhowla and grote40
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT