ADVERTISEMENT

If Frost leaves I hope he fails at Nebraska

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nebraska is in the Big10 now, they can't rely on non qualifiers and Jucos to fill 80% of the roster like the Lawrence Phillips days. In the Millennial Tinder age this job is a lot harder than most think. Even our Nole and Gator friends think he's insane if he takes that job.
HWf0xIn.jpg

Not necessarily. Before the 0-12 season we were 31-8 the three seasons before. Our team still had talent and were promised the GOL will get you a diploma guarantee. Plus while the current state of our program was in disarray with a head coach secretly retired and an OC returning us to a blah style, it wasnt that hard for Coach Frost to win the players over. To say GOL left the cupboard dry is also an overstatement. Our best receiver Trequan Smith is a GOL recruit and half our starting front line is too. While Coach Frost's recruits in year two are spectacular, he mostly inherited a team that lost confidence and probably was frustrated that they didnt get to play in Charlie Taffe's hybrid offense.

Norvell inherited a team that lost its top QB and several key seniors and was able to maintain a solid record. I mean P5 fans are the first to admit, teams like Memphis would ebb and flow due to the level of recruits, yet he was able to keep them consistent after Fuentes left. Thats pretty impressive for a po dunk G5 like Memphis.
That's exactly how a lot of Nebraska fans feel. The team has some talent. it's not Ohio st talent, but at the very least comparable to Iowa and Wisconsin. Wisconsin has a system that's been in place for over 20 years and recruits very well to what they want to do. A system and some consistency is basically what a lot of Nebraska fans feel Frost brings to the table besides being a former player. I feel he can have a similar first season to what he did at UCF. Of course the chances of him going 12-0 in year two are slim to none, but winning the division wouldn't be out of the question. By year 3 if everything works out, Nebraska should be contending for the division title every year and the conference title every few years for hopefully the next 20 years.

the thing is, 0-12 doesn't just happen as some sort of fluke. A quarter, and rarely a full game of failure can be considered a fluke.

I'm looking at GOL's 2014 season and I'm seeing a total of 4 plays that would've put y'all at 5-7, and a blowout against the one ranked team on the schedule. Let's be honest, GOL was trending downward and historically did pretty bad against ranked opponents, and Scott Frost injected life into the players.

At this point, you're making the same argument us Husker fans have been making for a while. One year we go 8-4, the next 5-7, the next 9-3, then 4-8 the next without too many major personnel losses. The difference is, we realize it's a coaching issue, while many UCF fans try to make the case it's an inherent flaw based on geographic location.

@BG_Knightmare got another new useless poster from the Nebraska boards
Jeez, make a contradictory statement and you go calling out for mom?

It's not negative. I just don't think that our move to the B1G had the impact you stated. You can make a pretty strong statement that Bo only lasted because of his Juco's he brought in while in the B1G.

HCMR never liked the juco route for some reason.

Reactions: fight0n

It's not negative. I just don't think that our move to the B1G had the impact you stated. You can make a pretty strong statement that Bo only lasted because of his Juco's he brought in while in the B1G.

Riley not going the Juco route didn't help his cause. Pelini did a great job in that area for sure. I think Frost recognizes the importance of bringing in a Juco or two when needed. Riley could of really used some Juco talent on defense specially this year with the switch to the 34.

Reactions: throwin bones50
the thing is, 0-12 doesn't just happen as some sort of fluke. A quarter, and rarely a full game of failure can be considered a fluke.

I'm looking at GOL's 2014 season and I'm seeing a total of 4 plays that would've put y'all at 5-7, and a blowout against the one ranked team on the schedule. Let's be honest, GOL was trending downward and historically did pretty bad against ranked opponents, and Scott Frost injected life into the players.
it doesnt mean we lacked talent.
GOLs first season he went 0-11, he kicked 17 players off the team, played Brandon Marshall (yes the one in the NFL) and Mike Sims-Walker(yes the NFL) on defense. Now thats playing with a bad deck of cards.
As for GOL in 2013 out of the 12 games we won half of them were comebacks, thus the #cardiacknights. The same happened in 2014. If you figure in the Penn State game they won on a last second FG, we couldve won 11 games. Tbh GOL retired after Hail Perriman. And apparently the team had issues and lost a bowl game they shouldve won. You call it losing. I see the half glass full.

Nope not calling for mom....calling for the mod because ive reviewed your three posts and its intent is to provoke. @BG_Knightmare

Riley not going the Juco route didn't help his cause. Pelini did a great job in that area for sure. I think Frost recognizes the importance of bringing in a Juco or two when needed. Riley could of really used some Juco talent on defense specially this year with the switch to the 34.
Just in this era of football you need to take a couple Juco's a year.

Kids are transferring more and more. Then you have your occasional missed of talent which can be limited but nobody is perfect. Lastly you throw scholarship limits on top. It is tough to get a solid amount of talent on the roster at a time

At this point, you're making the same argument us Husker fans have been making for a while. One year we go 8-4, the next 5-7, the next 9-3, then 4-8 the next without too many major personnel losses. The difference is, we realize it's a coaching issue, while many UCF fans try to make the case it's an inherent flaw based on geographic location.
Sure we didnt like GOLs up and down years either, but 31-8 and the Fiesta Bowl made it difficult to can him. Yes our fanbase at times wanted him gone too, but it took this to happen. I give Frost credit. He evaluated current talent and made better use of them than GOL did...see Shaq Griffin at LB.

Huh interesting

Ucfversusbcs appears to be the self appointed hall monitor for the moderator, @BG_Knightmare. To his credit he has caught several folks who are just here to stir up trouble, but he also seems to target guys that post things he disagrees with. BG just reviews the guys ucfversusbcs narcs on and then makes his own decisions. My only issue is that @ucfversusbcs does not appear to hold UCF folks to the same standards.

Agreed, short chapter indeed. For a program with a barely above .500 winning percentage, the prospect of another undefeated season will definitely be worth a laugh. Or at least an audible exhale through the nose.
We haven't won anything yet of great substance with Frost , such as a CCG or even ANY Bowl game. It's basically one year. Frost picked up a program that was 0-12 and showed us a lot, no doubt. However, if he leaves, his tenure was a short one hit wonder here as he would have turned down the chance for greater things. Especially if he struggles at Nebraska. Then what will he be?

I'm sure that we will be flirting with a similar record next year. Our program is young, so a nearly undefeated or undefeated record for one season as a G5 school years from now will seem like ancient history if we simply are able to
move up into a P5 conference and have a good record playing in front of packed houses every week vs top notch schools. THAT is the goal and THAT coach yet to be named will be getting the accolades.

We aren't going to be G5 forever

Last edited:
Ucfversusbcs appears to be the self appointed hall monitor for the moderator, @BG_Knightmare. To his credit he has caught several folks who are just here to stir up trouble, but he also seems to target guys that post things he disagrees with. BG just reviews the guys ucfversusbcs narcs on and then makes his own decisions. My only issue is that @ucfversusbcs does not appear to hold UCF folks to the same standards.
More doublespeak. I thought you weren't a Husker fan.

More doublespeak. I thought you weren't a Husker fan.

No double speak at all. And I read the rules as soon as they were posted, but thank you for the link. My point was, you are very quick to jump on visitors, but you let folks like Mikesi spew anything they want with no retribution.

And I am definitely not a Husker fan. As a Gator, that 1995 championship still stings. But we did manage to score more points on them than any other team that year. We just didn't have an answer for Tommie Frazier.

Reactions: NU_FTW
I understand that Scott is a confident guy and thinks he can win anywhere. I get that Nebraska fans think their history alone proves they can be successful now and going forward. That's why he is probably going to go.

But I think 5 years from now, UCF will be in an even better place and Nebraska will just be winning 8-9 games a year again. There is a reason nearly all the national champions for the last 20 years have come from the southeast. The only ones that haven't are Ohio State with 2 & USC, Texas, Oklahoma with one. 15 from the southeast, 1 from Ohio, 1 from Cali and 2 comprised of almost all Texas recruits. Nebraska isn't getting those players. Factor in they now have to compete, recruiting wise, with Matt Campbell at Iowa State and it's even worse.

Frost will do better than Riley, but he wont do any better than Solich or Pelini. And if he hasn't won the Big 10 by year 3, despite what their fans say, they will run him out on a rail claiming he was unproven and not ready for the big boys. Win 9 games a year at UCF and a conference championship/NY6 bowl every few years and we'll name the stadium after him.

Solich had the Huskers in a NC game. (Solich reportedly had a drinking problem and liked to chase cheerleaders). Callahan and Pelini had them in a Conference Championship game. I am not going to argue the Huskers have been just as successful since Tom retired but we haven't been as desperate as we were with Riley. (No triple option. Power I formation. Running backs are called I backs at Nebraska under Tom) Callahan and especially Riley should have never been hired. Result of 2 different extremely inept AD who here fired after just a couple of years at Nebraska. Bo Pelini with his 9 and 10 wins every season could have had a statue next to Tom's out in front of Memoerial Stadium if he had just kept his damn mouth shut and had a little more self control. He just didn't get it. Tom warned him to cool it but he just couldn't stop having meltdowns and throwing tirades. When Tom retired the now fired AD Shawn Eichorst fired Bo.

I wish UCF good luck in their game this weekend. I want Scott to go back home. I am not sorry about that. We need him. I live in Eastern Washington and I think all my many Coug friends are about to be in the same boat as all of you. It is being reported tonight that Mike Leach is going to the dumpster fire called Tennessee.

No double speak at all. And I read the rules as soon as they were posted, but thank you for the link. My point was, you are very quick to jump on visitors, but you let folks like Mikesi spew anything they want with no retribution.

And I am definitely not a Husker fan. As a Gator, that 1995 championship still stings. But we did manage to score more points on them than any other team that year. We just didn't have an answer for Tommie Frazier.
I am not the moderator but apparently @BG_Knightmare has appreciated my ability to identify troublemakers, but if we were to ban all UCF fans for reacting to visitors who provoke, then what would this board be? It does say UCFsports.com. Should i visit the Nebraska board and tell them to ban Nebraska users for yelling at us? Mikesi is a regular poster and before the trolls showed up has been a good contributer too.

Reactions: Mikesi
@G8RLegist the way i see it and if the moderator sees it differently thats fine, we aren't obligated to hearing posts from Nebraska blue bloods and we're definitely not obligated to put up with them flooding our boards.

Nonsense? Show me the national champ from outside those areas in the last 20 years. Go ahead...I'll wait.

Nonsense is believing that 20 years of empirical data has no merit.

Nonsense is believing that 20 years of no one in Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, Wyoming, Colorado, Nevada, Illinois, Indiana or Minnesota has sniffing a national championship is not a significant trend. Not 20 years from ONE school, 20 years from an entire section of the country.

The times are a changin? Give me one piece of data that supports the notion that times are changing in favor of those areas winning national championships. One piece. The times have been changing, for 20 years, to the southeast. You people are still so stuck in the 90's that you missed the whole thing.

Programs such as UCF/USF/FAU etc...should shut down their program then. When was the last time a non power 5 team played for a National Title?

That is an argument for Scott to go back home. If he gets Nebraska to 12-0 the Huskers will definitely be in the playoffs

Here is a solution to the problem of deserving schools never getting into the playoffs. Living in the Northwest I have seen good Boise teams overlooked as well.

I think we should have one NC for Power 5 schools and the few other schools like BYU, Boise, UCF who want to opt in on equal footing. Then have a second NC for all the other non P5 schools. This would give schools like Fresno State, Troy, LA Tech, Temple, etc to have a chance at a title too. I got to believe the networks would pony up to pay for another NC game.

@G8RLegist the way i see it and if the moderator sees it differently thats fine, we aren't obligated to hearing posts from Nebraska blue bloods and we're definitely not obligated to put up with them flooding our boards.

Yes, I saw the "atta boy" BG gave you. I just think you enjoyed the empowerment a bit too much and went overboard. It's an open board. So long as the outside posters comply with the rules what's the problem? If they come in truly trolling and just stirring things up, ban them. Otherwise, enjoy the outside look. And Mikesi was not just "reacting" to outsiders, he was, as he put it, "troll baiting." He was doing exactly what BG said you were not allowed to do. I assume BG messaged him because that has stopped for the most part.

Yes, I saw the "atta boy" BG gave you. I just think you enjoyed the empowerment a bit too much and went overboard. It's an open board. So long as the outside posters comply with the rules what's the problem? If they come in truly trolling and just stirring things up, ban them. Otherwise, enjoy the outside look. And Mikesi was not just "reacting" to outsiders, he was, as he put it, "troll baiting." He was doing exactly what BG said you were not allowed to do. I assume BG messaged him because that has stopped for the most part.
Just cleaning up the Nebraska troll mess. Mikesi has been on this board for years and trollers less than a month. Its funny you cant take that into consideration and the context on why he responded. Its why i dont give weight to your definition of fairness because it keeps the trolls operating and good posters like Mikesi banned.

Just cleaning up the Nebraska troll mess. Mikesi has been on this board for years and trollers less than a month. Its funny you cant take that into consideration and the context on why he responded. Its why i dont give weight to your definition of fairness because it keeps the trolls operating and good posters like Mikesi banned.

My definition of fairness is not letting ANYONE post inflammatory responses for the sake of being inflammatory. Your link to the Husker board locked thread is a perfect example. The thread was locked for EVERYONE because they could not play nice.

Reactions: smhowla and NU_FTW
My definition of fairness is not letting ANYONE post inflammatory responses for the sake of being inflammatory. Your link to the Husker board locked thread is a perfect example. The thread was locked for EVERYONE because they could not play nice.
...with Mikesi banned, it would be 50 more Nebraska trolls replacing him. I dont necessarily call that fair.

...with Mikesi banned, it would be 50 more Nebraska trolls replacing him. I dont necessarily call that fair.

We are going to have to agree to disagree. Clearly someone sent Mikesi a message because he has cleaned his act up. And there was no way he was decreasing the number of trolls on the board. If anything he was attracting them. Regardless, it is BG's call. Not yours and certainly not mine.

We are going to have to agree to disagree. Clearly someone sent Mikesi a message because he has cleaned his act up. And there was no way he was decreasing the number of trolls on the board. If anything he was attracting them. Regardless, it is BG's call. Not yours and certainly not mine.
Of course, when a moderator is around and a troll acts up, there's no need to flash gifs of a dumpster on fire in response anymore. Personally i'd rather see them all banned immediately.
I suspect youre amused by it because i've noticed you like some of their provocations...which is another issue i have. So sorry if i dont buy your convictions.

but fine on another note - me and you apparently agree about Coach skirt chaser right (Solich)? or are you disgusted by it.

Reactions: Mikesi
So Op you state that the reason why the AAC doesn’t get any respect is because your coaches get jobs in the power 5 conferences and then flop......so you want Frost to also fail so that what.....it proves your coaches suck? How about this -root for him to succeed so it that the image of your conference improves!

And so other top flight young coaches see it as a great opportunity to advance their careers. A few may leave, but eventually UCF will get a P5 invite and then they'll be an established destination (especially if they can garner better fan support).

Sorry i give posters like @Mikesi more leeway than trolls. Its unfortunate that you see the opposite.
Appreciate you defending me and hopefully we can get back to discussing UCF football in a more civilized manner

The Trolls/Nebraska fans (most, not all) basically came here with guns a blazing whether completely obvious or in disguise

Basically they continue to make new:fake accounts daily, while the ones who have managed to clean up their act are still making sly remarks and are ready to pounce. Friendly banter and talking a little trash appears to be allowed and I'm cool with that

I've been posting for many years, and I'll play uo and down to the posting "competition". Obviously, now there won't be a need to play down to it.

Nobody needs to tell me that I don't know how to behave and act/post in a
civilized manner. I can and will.

As it's very very refreshing to have a moderator now, it would have been much nicer 2-3 weeks ago to have stopped this madness which included very personal attacks by MANY.

I do agree that since it's a UCF board that it wouid be nice to give UCF fans a LITTLE more leeway, as the visitors are still basically here to get under our skin and not always discuss football in a productive manner. They are just hiding it well right now

Anyway.., the above isn't all for me to decide.

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
Of course, when a moderator is around and a troll acts up, there's no need to flash gifs of a dumpster on fire in response anymore. Personally i'd rather see them all banned immediately.
I suspect youre amused by it because i've noticed you like some of their provocations...which is another issue i have. So sorry if i dont buy your convictions.

but fine on another note - me and you apparently agree about Coach skirt chaser right (Solich)? or are you disgusted by it.

The only provocative posts I liked are the ones directed at Mikesi and specifically in retaliation for his attacks. You've clearly checked my posts and likes. Feel free to go back and check again. Aside from a few jabs at Mikesi, I have not written anything derogatory about any team, poster, or coach. In retrospect I should go back and apologize for the jabs I took, although they were were so mild he may not have even noticed them.

My issue with chasing cheerleaders as the head coach is that he is in a position of power (at least perceived power) and the ladies are not. I find the huge age discrepancy a bit creepy, but I fully believe that consenting adults can have whatever relations they choose to. But I still find the idea of a college football coach chasing cheerleaders to be humorous.

My issue with chasing cheerleaders as the head coach is that he is in a position of power (at least perceived power) and the ladies are not. I find the huge age discrepancy a bit creepy, but I fully believe that consenting adults can have whatever relations they choose to. But I still find the idea of a college football coach chasing cheerleaders to be humorous.
Well if he's guilty of using his position of power by all means guilty and i agree with you. I find it humorous too.
That said I must be creepy for liking college cheerleaders then ;). I can live with that.

Well if he's guilty of using his position of power by all means guilty and i agree with you. I find it humorous too.
That said I must be creepy for liking college cheerleaders then ;). I can live with that.

Oh, no one said you couldn't like them! Just don't go chasing them if they are young enough to be your daughter... Or maybe grand daughter. :)

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
this coach drinks and chases young women...sounds like a member of the Rolling Stones to me lol

40 and 50 year old guys with money and power have been involved with young women for centuries and it's even more common in other countries

It's basically mutually beneficial and creepy or not, in many cases, no one is getting hurt and both parties are happy even if the guy just wants some arm candy.

The media twisted both the reports and Frosts reply. The reports stated that frost and huskers were 'close' to a deal, Frost emphatically stated that there was 'no deal.' Both of those statements can be true at the same time. Being close to a deal is NOT yet A deal...

There cannot legally be a deal until Riley was terminated, but that doesn't mean terms weren't negotiated or decisions hadn't been made.

Frost was in a no win situation, choosing between white lies and causing a major distraction to the team he cares deeply about.

If he's leaving I hope they fire him Friday.*

Me too. Void his buyout (saving Nebraska $3 million), assuage his guilt, and let him get started a few days early. Maybe he can even throw together a decent recruiting weekend on short notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT