ADVERTISEMENT

Inside Florida, the state that forgot COVID-19 is a national emergency

KnighttimeJoe

Todd's Tiki Bar
May 29, 2001
Lmao. You can't make this shit up: “Florida, people like AOC keep telling us, is a COVID-superspreading lunatic state that actually voted for Donald Trump (twice). Yet where does AOC go when she wants to unwind? Not just Florida, but the part of it that is getting hit hardest in the Omicron wave.”

I can't tell you how many people we've hosted for business meetings down here, who came from other parts of the country, and were blown away and relieved to find that normal life is actually happening somewhere. They all wanted to move here ASAP if they could.

It's the reason that the leftie media made DeSantis enemy #1.

I can't tell you how many people we've hosted for business meetings down here, who came from other parts of the country, and were blown away and relieved to find that normal life is actually happening somewhere. They all wanted to move here ASAP if they could.

Just got back from Texas. It’s the exact same way there.

I love how Psaki was attacking DeSantis for not doing enough to get Floridans vaccinated.

They literally ran hit pieces on him for getting Publix to set up vaccination sites in their stores.

I love how Psaki was attacking DeSantis for not doing enough to get Floridans vaccinated.

They literally ran hit pieces on him for getting Publix to set up vaccination sites in their stores.
Well, they ran with the narrative 60 Minutes pushed, lied about, and then refused to correct
when other news publications played the entire DeSantis presser.

Proof.png

If you look at the States with population gains they are all open States. Commie States like New York and California all are posting decreases in population. Should be obvious what the people want
Not exactly. Only 1 state saw a population decline of 1% or more last year and that was New York. Several red states saw declines like Louisiana, North Dakota, West Virginia, and Mississippi.

7 states saw growth of greater than 1%. Florida wasn’t one of them. They were Idaho, Utah, Montana, Arizona, South Carolina, Delaware, and Texas.

Mainly due to cost of living/tax implications of living in those areas in a world where more and more people can work remotely.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
Not exactly. Only 1 state saw a population decline of 1% or more last year and that was New York. Several red states saw declines like Louisiana, North Dakota, West Virginia, and Mississippi.

7 states saw growth of greater than 1%. Florida wasn’t one of them. They were Idaho, Utah, Montana, Arizona, South Carolina, Delaware, and Texas.

Mainly due to cost of living/tax implications of living in those areas in a world where more and more people can work remotely.

Yeah, I think it is more of a combination of cost of living and weather more so than anything to do with covid. Of course, all of these places will become more expensive so the cost of living aspect wont last forever.

Where are they coming from? Other than maybe NY and Cali, arent most places completely open now? And even those places are open, they just require masks and vaccines to do some things. I dont know why we have all of a sudden decided Florida is the only "free" state. There are no more covid limitations where I live than there are in Florida, and I am pretty sure that is true of most places at this point.

Lmao. You can't make this shit up: “Florida, people like AOC keep telling us, is a COVID-superspreading lunatic state that actually voted for Donald Trump (twice). Yet where does AOC go when she wants to unwind? Not just Florida, but the part of it that is getting hit hardest in the Omicron wave.”

You are being creepy.

Yeah, I think it is more of a combination of cost of living and weather more so than anything to do with covid. Of course, all of these places will become more expensive so the cost of living aspect wont last forever.
Facepalm

Where are they coming from? Other than maybe NY and Cali, arent most places completely open now? And even those places are open, they just require masks and vaccines to do some things. I dont know why we have all of a sudden decided Florida is the only "free" state. There are no more covid limitations where I live than there are in Florida, and I am pretty sure that is true of most places at this point.

Europe, Canada, NY, DC, Cali, Illinois, Seattle

Mask mandates, restrictions on restaurants, vaccine mandates for basic commerce, curfews, or just the general paranoia in the local populace

Every State either is or will arrive at where FL has been, realizing their government driven mandates and efforts are futile, but FL got their first and people remember

Reactions: Crazyhole
The Mrs and I are planning to snowbird on a warm beach in your State late this month.

We've had our initial COVID shots last March and our booster shots last fall. Whether it's Mrs. Shuckster and I -- or AOC for crying out loud -- why shouldn't we leave our cold weather behind and vacation in Florida? We're vaxed and still plan to take precautions when in public places. So what's the deal?

Life's too damn short to be a stupid, unvaxed Chud or hide out at home because we fear a virus.

Europe, Canada, NY, DC, Cali, Illinois, Seattle

Mask mandates, restrictions on restaurants, vaccine mandates for basic commerce, curfews, or just the general paranoia in the local populace

Every State either is or will arrive at where FL has been, realizing their government driven mandates and efforts are futile, but FL got their first and people remember

Canada and Europe I get, but most places in the US have few, if any covid restrictions right now, and its been that way for months. I think the whole "free state of Florida" thing is just a Desantis campaign type slogan. My state is every bit as free as Florida is and has been throughout most of if not all of covid. I mean just as an example, Florida closed schools in the spring of 2020 just like pretty much everywhere else did, Disney world closed for a while,, and other places closed for a while. Other than a catchy type of slogan I am not sure how that is different from most states (not all certainly, but most).

The Mrs and I are planning to snowbird on a warm beach in your State late this month.

We've had our initial COVID shots last March and our booster shots last fall. Whether it's Mrs. Shuckster and I -- or AOC for crying out loud -- why shouldn't we leave our cold weather behind and vacation in Florida? We're vaxed and still plan to take precautions when in public places. So what's the deal?

Life's too damn short to be a stupid, unvaxed Chud or hide out at home because we fear a virus.
Got your 2nd booster lined up yet? Or still believing that 3 shots was all it would take?

No one is saying you or anyone else should not. Problem is that she's spent a good amount of time disparaging this state and DeSantis--only to turn around and vacation here.

It's just a tad bit hypocritical.

Got your 2nd booster lined up yet? Or still believing that 3 shots was all it would take?
You’re just jealous that he will be in Florida and guess where you’ll be? It rhymes with ruler. 😂😂😂😂

No one is saying you or anyone else should not. Problem is that she's spent a good amount of time disparaging this state and DeSantis--only to turn around and vacation here.

It's just a tad bit hypocritical.
Shuckster hasn't exactly said glowing things about DeSantis either. Surprised that he wants to visit, knowing that Ronnie is trying to put together a militia and killing his own constituents with the virus.

California seems more like his style.

Cost of living has been much lower for years and years. Weather has stayed the same.

Try again.

Shuckster hasn't exactly said glowing things about DeSantis either. Surprised that he wants to visit, knowing that Ronnie is trying to put together a militia and killing his own constituents with the virus.

True, but he doesn't have a Twitter platform where over 700K follow him, CSPAN, and a dopey public that thinks his shit don't stank.

Cost of living has been much lower for years and years. Weather has stayed the same.

Try again.

And these places didnt just become popular since covid. Austin, Nashville, cities in Florida, Charlotte, Raleigh, etc etc have been growing for years. You think these places only started booming because of covid? Having lived in Nashville for 20 years, I can assure you the growth started almost a decade ago, it had nothing to do with covid, and that is no different than any other southern city that has been growing.

Last edited:
As usual, 85 is completely full of shit. I've spent the last few months in Cali and it's completely normal, everything is open, just have to wear a mask indoors (common sense). Ate many an amazing In-N-Out burger inside.

As usual, 85 is completely full of shit. I've spent the last few months in Cali and it's completely normal, everything is open, just have to wear a mask indoors (common sense). Ate many an amazing In-N-Out burger inside.

Yeah, I had a friend who was in LA for a week recently, he said the only significant difference was more people wearing masks, but besides that it he said it seemed pretty normal.

Last edited:

I'm going to Florida this month too, and it has nothing to do with Desantis. I dont think most people pick their vacations based on the governor of the state, just saying.

I double-checked with Mrs. Shuckster regarding our Florida social calendar just to be sure.

We have no plans to visit DeSantis while we're there.

Canada and Europe I get, but most places in the US have few, if any covid restrictions right now, and its been that way for months. I think the whole "free state of Florida" thing is just a Desantis campaign type slogan. My state is every bit as free as Florida is and has been throughout most of if not all of covid. I mean just as an example, Florida closed schools in the spring of 2020 just like pretty much everywhere else did, Disney world closed for a while,, and other places closed for a while. Other than a catchy type of slogan I am not sure how that is different from most states (not all certainly, but most).

If the media and Democrats can accuse DeSantis of wanting to kill people by leaving beaches open, or keeping schools open, then he’s entitled to say whatever he wants. He is dealing with truly sick morons who decided that lying about what goes on here is worth it politically.

Remember when CBS ran a national hit piece on him for - GASP - rolling out mass vaccines into the biggest grocery gain in the State to reach as many people as possible? Now they accuse him of deterring vaccines. The same fuking people.

Reactions: Nautiknight
Yeah, I had a friend who was in LA for a week recently, he said the only significant difference was more people wearing masks, but besides that it he said it seemed pretty normal.

Sure, only difference. Except of course the LA vaccine mandate that harasses local businesses and requires them to be the enforcer of an idiotic vaccine mandate that their own police force doesn’t want to enforce. If not then LA will fine businesses for not complying. Yea, don’t find this shit in FL.

Sure, only difference. Except of course the LA vaccine mandate that harasses local businesses and requires them to be the enforcer of an idiotic vaccine mandate that their own police force doesn’t want to enforce. If not then LA will fine businesses for not complying. Yea, don’t find this shit in FL.

Yeah well he is vaccinated so he didnt have any issues with that, so it would make sense it seemed pretty normal to him.

If the media and Democrats can accuse DeSantis of wanting to kill people by leaving beaches open, or keeping schools open, then he’s entitled to say whatever he wants. He is dealing with truly sick morons who decided that lying about what goes on here is worth it politically.

Remember when CBS ran a national hit piece on him for - GASP - rolling out mass vaccines into the biggest grocery gain in the State to reach as many people as possible? Now they accuse him of deterring vaccines. The same fuking people.

He can say he is the second coming of Christ if he wants, that doesnt make it true. THe reality is there are many states, including mine, who are every bit as "free" as FLorida and have been throughout the pandemic. It is basically a campaign slogan, nothing more.

I am sure this will end up being 90% of his campaign in 2024. We will probably have a good ole fashioned "freedom off" during the primaries, with various governors yelling at each other about how they love freedom the most!

• Haha
Yeah well he is vaccinated so he didnt have any issues with that, so it would make sense it seemed pretty normal to him.

For him. Sure. I was in NYC in August and visited an Irish pub where I had to show my proof of vaccination. Bartender said he had been assaulted twice in past 3 days thanks to having to play vaccine card enforcer of drunks to comply with DeBlasio’s vaccine mandate. Sucks to be him, the little guy left to enforce the nonsense passed by these politicians.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
He can say he is the second coming of Christ if he wants, that doesnt make it true. THe reality is there are many states, including mine, who are every bit as "free" as FLorida and have been throughout the pandemic. It is basically a campaign slogan, nothing more.

I am sure this will end up being 90% of his campaign in 2024. We will probably have a good ole fashioned "freedom off" during the primaries, with various governors yelling at each other about how they love freedom the most!
Yeah. Because freedom sucks and it's a terrible thing to campaign on.

In the Dungeon we had chemmie gleefully predicting back in August that DeSantis keeping schools open would lead to mass children deaths. He was really disappointed when it didn’t happen. The media was too.

It's a platitude nothing more. Real freedom would be letting businesses handle mask or vaccine requirements as they see fit. Just saying the word over and over means nothing.
yep let Florida businesses do what they want , not putting a Yoga studio owner on a list bc she is more comfortable requiring vaccination for her clients . It’s all hypocrisy

yep let Florida businesses do what they want , not putting a Yoga studio owner on a list bc she is more comfortable requiring vaccination for her clients . It’s all hypocrisy

Yep, the freedom to do as Desantis tells you. ANd in fairness, it isnt just him, my state also passed laws essentially telling businesses they cant require masks and what not.

What other commercial enterprise requires proof of any vaccination or any medical pre-requisite to conduct commerce? Prior to COVID?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT