ADVERTISEMENT

Inside Florida, the state that forgot COVID-19 is a national emergency

Yep, the freedom to do as Desantis tells you. ANd in fairness, it isnt just him, my state also passed laws essentially telling businesses they cant require masks and what not.
Freedom is using your government power to sanction a private business that you disagree with politically, just like Desantis did with Ben & Jerrys

Reactions: Cubs79
I'm going to Florida this month too, and it has nothing to do with Desantis. I dont think most people pick their vacations based on the governor of the state, just saying.
Unfortunately, a lot of people do make their travel plans based on who the governor is and what color the state is. I am in the travel and tourism industry and North Carolina has been the subject of boycotts because of politics in the recent past .

For the record a number of people from New York and California are snapping up vacation homes in the Smokies this last year many bought sight unseen and paid more than asking prices. I think the recent exodus is partially driven by authoritarian policies, taxation and weather.

The 4 biggest covid authoritarian hypocrites were from New York, California, New Jersey and Michigan . I have met numerous visitors from New York , New Jersey and Michigan in my business and I have not heard any of them speak glowingly about the leadership of their states. They bring it up to me as I tend to avoid politics at work.

Historically speaking migration has largely been from Blue Yankee states to southern red states. Maybe it's weather ,but I am a native Floridan grew up here in the 70s and 80s and it's my observation all the it's better up north complaining yankess ,all,everyone to a tee ,hated how their states were run. Unfortunately , they moved south to get away from that garbage only to continue to vote for the same ruinous tax and economic policies when they moved to Florida.

I can tell you the native north Carolinians hate Floridians and call them half backs because they only move half way back to New York ,New Jersey or Michigan. I go out of my way there when meeting new local people to tell them I am a native Floridian,born and raised there and I am southern like y'all. 😆 They then ease up some .

Straight up I can talk with people with different political stripes. However, if I am in Florida or North Carolina and if/when I hear some idiot from up north complain about how much better it is up north, well I don't care how they vote , they can shove it where the sun don't shine . 😆 Go back ! Leave ,don't let the door hit you on your way out.

A friend of mine, liberal as hell, and I were in a 7 11 in Sanford back when Florida just started the lotto . These two Guido guys from Jersey were in line behind us while my buddy and I waited to buy our slurpees. One guy wouldn't shut up about how much better it was up north and how he moved here and he was ragging on the state, the locals and the Florida lottery. We turned around and said hey , we are both born and raised here and if everything is so much better , then get in your car drive up I-95 and don't return. The entire store got quiet and those guys shut up.

Shuckster enjoy your time in Florida. spend your money and know this DeSantis and the Republican party have grown the voter rolls where Florida now has significantly more registered Republicans than Democrats and many being Hispanic and African American. 😆 It's a beautiful state. I spend a lot of time exploring it and if you want any travel tips especially central Florida,the panhandle or the Keys drop me message and I will gladly help you plan a day or two. I don't know crap about South East Florida as I drive through it to get to the Keys. I know a lot about the Keys. I would sincerely and honestly give you solid travel advice and places to see . Have fun here .

Yep, the freedom to do as Desantis tells you. ANd in fairness, it isnt just him, my state also passed laws essentially telling businesses they cant require masks and what not.
Which state do you live in?

Unfortunately, a lot of people do make their travel plans based on who the governor is and what color the state is.
Some organizations with clout may do that but I seriously doubt most average Americans ever give the politics of their vacation destination a thought.
Shuckster enjoy your time in Florida. … It's a beautiful state. I spend a lot of time exploring it and if you want any travel tips especially central Florida,the panhandle or the Keys drop me message and I will gladly help you plan a day or two. … I would sincerely and honestly give you solid travel advice and places to see . Have fun here .
Thanks, man. I sincerely appreciate the gesture. If our trip took us through your town, you can be assured I’d stop by your business for a donut and coffee.

The Mrs and I are planning to snowbird on a warm beach in your State late this month.

We've had our initial COVID shots last March and our booster shots last fall. Whether it's Mrs. Shuckster and I -- or AOC for crying out loud -- why shouldn't we leave our cold weather behind and vacation in Florida? We're vaxed and still plan to take precautions when in public places. So what's the deal?

Life's too damn short to be a stupid, unvaxed Chud or hide out at home because we fear a virus.
Great now Florida has to get the Cornhusker19 strain.

• Haha
Reactions: DaShuckster
Unfortunately, a lot of people do make their travel plans based on who the governor is and what color the state is. I am in the travel and tourism industry and North Carolina has been the subject of boycotts because of politics in the recent past .

For the record a number of people from New York and California are snapping up vacation homes in the Smokies this last year many bought sight unseen and paid more than asking prices. I think the recent exodus is partially driven by authoritarian policies, taxation and weather.

The 4 biggest covid authoritarian hypocrites were from New York, California, New Jersey and Michigan . I have met numerous visitors from New York , New Jersey and Michigan in my business and I have not heard any of them speak glowingly about the leadership of their states. They bring it up to me as I tend to avoid politics at work.

Historically speaking migration has largely been from Blue Yankee states to southern red states. Maybe it's weather ,but I am a native Floridan grew up here in the 70s and 80s and it's my observation all the it's better up north complaining yankess ,all,everyone to a tee ,hated how their states were run. Unfortunately , they moved south to get away from that garbage only to continue to vote for the same ruinous tax and economic policies when they moved to Florida.

I can tell you the native north Carolinians hate Floridians and call them half backs because they only move half way back to New York ,New Jersey or Michigan. I go out of my way there when meeting new local people to tell them I am a native Floridian,born and raised there and I am southern like y'all. 😆 They then ease up some .

Straight up I can talk with people with different political stripes. However, if I am in Florida or North Carolina and if/when I hear some idiot from up north complain about how much better it is up north, well I don't care how they vote , they can shove it where the sun don't shine . 😆 Go back ! Leave ,don't let the door hit you on your way out.

A friend of mine, liberal as hell, and I were in a 7 11 in Sanford back when Florida just started the lotto . These two Guido guys from Jersey were in line behind us while my buddy and I waited to buy our slurpees. One guy wouldn't shut up about how much better it was up north and how he moved here and he was ragging on the state, the locals and the Florida lottery. We turned around and said hey , we are both born and raised here and if everything is so much better , then get in your car drive up I-95 and don't return. The entire store got quiet and those guys shut up.

Shuckster enjoy your time in Florida. spend your money and know this DeSantis and the Republican party have grown the voter rolls where Florida now has significantly more registered Republicans than Democrats and many being Hispanic and African American. 😆 It's a beautiful state. I spend a lot of time exploring it and if you want any travel tips especially central Florida,the panhandle or the Keys drop me message and I will gladly help you plan a day or two. I don't know crap about South East Florida as I drive through it to get to the Keys. I know a lot about the Keys. I would sincerely and honestly give you solid travel advice and places to see . Have fun here .
orson-welles-clapping.gif

The national media also hasn’t spent two years losing their minds over the Gov of TN.

Which has nothing to do with anything with regards to "freedom". Desantis also goes out of his way to get national attention because he wants to run for president.

Which has nothing to do with anything with regards to "freedom". Desantis also goes out of his way to get national attention because he wants to run for president.

If he's going to be attacked by the media and Democrats for handing Floridians "too much freedom" during COVID then don't be upset when he owns it and re-purposes it.

The media made him a national figure. Blame them.

If he's going to be attacked by the media and Democrats for handing Floridians "too much freedom" during COVID then don't be upset when he owns it and re-purposes it.

The media made him a national figure. Blame them.

He helped make himself a national figure, and the Republican media is what made him a national figure. Are you seriously acting like a governor who we know wants to run for president isnt seeking attention?

Reactions: DaShuckster
He helped make himself a national figure, and the Republican media is what made him a national figure. Are you seriously acting like a governor who we know wants to run for president isnt seeking attention?

Let's recap:

- People are on FL beaches in March 2020 - DeSantis wants to kill people
- FL reopens in Summer 2020 ahead of rest of country - DeSantis wants to kill people
-FL refuses to snap back business closures in Winter 2022 - DeSantis wants to kill people
- DeSantis prioritizes senior citizens for vaccines - DeSantis wants to kill teachers
- DeSantis tasks the largest retailer in FL to roll out mass vaccination - DeSantis must be dirty and corrupt and is taking money from Publix
-DeSantis goes all in on securing monoclonal antibodies to help sick Floridians - DeSantis must have donors linked to this product and he's getting rich!
- Joe Biden personally attacks DeSantis, multiple times, during Florida's COVID summer wave - he wants people to get sick and die!
-DeSantis resumes in person learning in schools in August 2021 despite a Delta wave - he wants to kill kids!
-DeSantis wants more early treatment options - he must oppose vaccines!

But sure, the attention is all because of him. The media had absolutely nothing to do with it - nothing. All of the above was just totally reasonable criticism*

Let's recap:

- People are on FL beaches in March 2020 - DeSantis wants to kill people
- FL reopens in Summer 2020 ahead of rest of country - DeSantis wants to kill people
-FL refuses to snap back business closures in Winter 2022 - DeSantis wants to kill people
- DeSantis prioritizes senior citizens for vaccines - DeSantis wants to kill teachers
- DeSantis tasks the largest retailer in FL to roll out mass vaccination - DeSantis must be dirty and corrupt and is taking money from Publix
-DeSantis goes all in on securing monoclonal antibodies to help sick Floridians - DeSantis must have donors linked to this product and he's getting rich!
- Joe Biden personally attacks DeSantis, multiple times, during Florida's COVID summer wave - he wants people to get sick and die!
-DeSantis resumes in person learning in schools in August 2021 despite a Delta wave - he wants to kill kids!
-DeSantis wants more early treatment options - he must oppose vaccines!

But sure, the attention is all because of him. The media had absolutely nothing to do with it - nothing. All of the above was just totally reasonable criticism*

Lots of politicians were criticized throughout covid, the reason Desantis stands out is because he is a frontrunner for the Republican nomination. If he werent, he would be on the same level as most governors throughout the country. And one reason he is the frontrunner, is because he has purposely seeks national attention, because he wants to run for president. You are also leaving out that Desantis has criticized Biden numerous times as well, and he does so because he wants the attention. He isnt the victim you are making him out to be.

LMAO. CNN and the rest of the morons who autistically screamed every single time he did something helped him out bigly. Too bad for them, they were and are far too stupid to see that they gave him free rent.

LMAO. CNN and the rest of the morons who autistically screamed every single time he did something helped him out bigly. Too bad for them, they were and are far too stupid to see that they gave him free rent.
So what's the problem then if he is getting what he wants?

Lots of politicians were criticized throughout covid, the reason Desantis stands out is because he is a frontrunner for the Republican nomination. If he werent, he would be on the same level as most governors throughout the country. And one reason he is the frontrunner, is because he has purposely seeks national attention, because he wants to run for president. You are also leaving out that Desantis has criticized Biden numerous times as well, and he does so because he wants the attention. He isnt the victim you are making him out to be.
When all this started two years ago, DeSantis wasn't on ANYONE'S radar for POTUS in 2024. Trump was still in office.

He is criticized because he was right the entire time. The media wanted Cuomo to be the model of success no matter how bad his results were. DeSantis did the opposite and proved the lib narrative was total bullshit.

Reactions: KNIGHTTIME^
He is criticized because he was right the entire time. The media wanted Cuomo to be the model of success no matter how bad his results were. DeSantis did the opposite and proved the lib narrative was total bullshit.

Right in what way? Are you trying to rewrite history and pretend as if FLorida had no covid protocalls?

Oh gee, I dunno: divisiveness, misinformation, a populace that can't get straight answers--you know, discord...

Got ya, so if he goes on Fox to get his ass kissed it is ok, but if someone criticizes him it isnt. He is a victim of all the freedom flowing through his veins I guess.

Got ya, so if he goes on Fox to get his ass kissed it is ok, but if someone criticizes him it isnt. He is a victim of all the freedom flowing through his veins I guess.
Christ almighty. Strawman much??????

Christ almighty. Strawman much??????

It isnt a strawman at all. YOu guys just want to focus on one aspect of the media, and ignore the fact that Desantis purposely goes on Fox and what not to gain national attention for his probably presidentical campaign. You cant have this both ways. You cant blame the media on one side for covering Desantis, and ignore the other side that all goes out of their way to raise his profile.

It isnt a strawman at all. YOu guys just want to focus on one aspect of the media, and ignore the fact that Desantis purposely goes on Fox and what not to gain national attention for his probably presidentical campaign. You cant have this both ways. You cant blame the media on one side for covering Desantis, and ignore the other side that all goes out of their way to raise his profile.
LMAO. It 100% is but you're going to dig your heels in and can't be convinced. The rest of your post is simply verbal rubbish.

As opposed to Cuomo and the media coverage he received?

UHHH, BECAUSE HE BASICALLY KILLED A BUNCH OF ELDERLY PEOPLE WITH COVID PATIENTS.

Please tell me you aren't this obtuse.

ANd Florida had severe struggles with covid too, but for some reason if the media points that out you guys throw a fit about it.

ANd Florida had severe struggles with covid too, but for some reason if the media points that out you guys throw a fit about it.
Severe struggles???

Yes, I forgot how Ron did anything similar to Cuomo.

Please point out one thing that fits your narrative here.

We will all wait...

Severe struggles???

Yes, I forgot how Ron did anything similar to Cuomo.

Please point out one thing that fits your narrative here.

We will all wait...

You are correct, covid never severly impacted Florida I guess, thanks for correcting me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT