ADVERTISEMENT

Inside Florida, the state that forgot COVID-19 is a national emergency

You are correct, covid never severly impacted Florida I guess, thanks for correcting me.
Dude, this is like arguing with a child. If you can't name a "severe struggle" that mirrors what Cuomo did, just say you can't.

Dude, this is like arguing with a child. If you can't name a "severe struggle" that mirrors what Cuomo did, just say you can't.

I wasnt the one who brought up Cuomo, but I also dont understand what the point of your argument is. Desantis is allowed to be criticized without comparing him to Cuomo. Are you seriously going to deny that Florida didnt have a major wave of covid, especially Delta?

I wasnt the one who brought up Cuomo, but I also dont understand what the point of your argument is. Desantis is allowed to be criticized without comparing him to Cuomo. Are you seriously going to deny that Florida didnt have a major wave of covid, especially Delta?
I'll type slow for you here:

So

Did

Every

Other

State

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Crazyhole
If you can't name a "severe struggle" that mirrors what Cuomo did, just say you can't.
Since the DeSantis response has been to OPPOSE mask wearing mandates in the midst of a deadly pandemic, I'd think KnighttimeJoe has got you on this one, Cubs79.

Hell, I'd say Florida's administration hasn't struggled at all in the fight against Covid-19.

ANd Florida had severe struggles with covid too, but for some reason if the media points that out you guys throw a fit about it.

Jesus Christ dude.

The entire world "had severe struggles with covid". Very few leaders literally sent the most vulnerable people in their entire populace back into environments where COVID was spreading, only to watch those vulnerable people die thanks to that leaders' own policy.

There, hope that helps. But "muh DeSantis", I know.

As usual, 85 is completely full of shit. I've spent the last few months in Cali and it's completely normal, everything is open, just have to wear a mask indoors (common sense). Ate many an amazing In-N-Out burger inside.
Fox news says it is a warzone out there. Carnage.

Jesus Christ dude.

The entire world "had severe struggles with covid". Very few leaders literally sent the most vulnerable people in their entire populace back into environments where COVID was spreading, only to watch those vulnerable people die thanks to that leaders' own policy.

There, hope that helps. But "muh DeSantis", I know.

ANd I dont have an issue with you criticizing Cuomo, but if someone says something mean about Desantis you act like they just slapped your mom or something.

Since the DeSantis response has been to OPPOSE mask wearing mandates in the midst of a deadly pandemic, I'd think KnighttimeJoe has got you on this one, Cubs79.

Hell, I'd say Florida's administration hasn't struggled at all in the fight against Covid-19.
It's probably best that you step away from this one. Cubs is doing a good enough job of getting thoroughly vivisected here.

ANd I dont have an issue with you criticizing Cuomo, but if someone says something mean about Desantis you act like they just slapped your mom or something.

No, not really. What I object to are the absolute lies and bullshit that the media and D's have literally invented about him for 2 years.

The guy prioritized seniors for vaccines and he got assailed for it. That's the level of DDS ongoing here, and clearly you seem to have caught a case of DDS as well.

No one said he was above criticism, genius. Are you really having that difficult of a time following along?

And once again, you revert to a strawman. Congrats.

And no one said Cuomo was above criticism either so what is your point?

No, not really. What I object to are the absolute lies and bullshit that the media and D's have literally invented about him for 2 years.

The guy prioritized seniors for vaccines and he got assailed for it. That's the level of DDS ongoing here, and clearly you seem to have caught a case of DDS as well.

You are rewriting history. He wasnt criticized for prioritizing seniors, every state started with seniors and people with conditions that made them vulnerable. He was criticized because people felt like the was prioritizing seniors in wealthy communities first.
He is also criticized for pushing drugs that some of his top donors were investors in. Those are the things he has been criticized for. Absolutely no one criticized him for prioritizing seniors, that is what every state in the country did.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
And no one said Cuomo was above criticism either so what is your point?
I am not going to spoon feed this to you. This has been going on for two pages now. You clearly are more interested in throwing out strawman after strawman and aren't really interested in following along.

You are rewriting history. He wasnt criticized for prioritizing seniors, every state started with seniors and people with conditions that made them vulnerable. He was criticized because people felt like the was prioritizing seniors in wealthy communities first.
He is also criticized for pushing drugs that some of his top donors were investors in. Those are the things he has been criticized for. Absolutely no one criticized him for prioritizing seniors, that is what every state in the country did.

Absolute bullshit.

The teacher's unions raised hell that they weren't being prioritized over seniors (they can stay home!) and complained so loudly that the Biden Admin shipped vaccines to FL specifically to appease them.

Here's just one example - DeSantis was "denying teachers vaccines"!

Well, it is pretty common knowledge that Florida has been fudging COVID numbers the whole time.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
Absolute bullshit.

The teacher's unions raised hell that they weren't being prioritized over seniors (they can stay home!) and complained so loudly that the Biden Admin shipped vaccines to FL specifically to appease them.

Here's just one example - DeSantis was "denying teachers vaccines"!

That is behind a paywall I cant read it. The criticism with Desantis was over favoritism, not about vaccinating SRs. Every state in this country prioritized Seniors. I dont recall all of the details of it, but you damn well know people didnt criticise Desantis for prioritizing seniors. THere was a lot more to it than that.

That is behind a paywall I cant read it. The criticism with Desantis was over favoritism, not about vaccinating SRs. Every state in this country prioritized Seniors. I dont recall all of the details of it, but you damn well know people didnt criticise Desantis for prioritizing seniors. THere was a lot more to it than that.

No, there wasn't.

Then 60 Minutes ran a hilarious hit piece asserting that there was something fishy going on when DeSantis tasked the largest grocery in the state, with stores on damn near every street, to help roll out mass vaccinations.

This of course was after the media ran with the now debunked bullshit from Rebbekah Jones and the "whistleblower" who was a nut.

No, there wasn't.

Then 60 Minutes ran a hilarious hit piece asserting that there was something fishy going on when DeSantis tasked the largest grocery in the state, with stores on damn near every street, to help roll out mass vaccinations.

This of course was after the media ran with the now debunked bullshit from Rebbekah Jones and the "whistleblower" who was a nut.
WHAAAAAAAA!!!!

The media is so mean to righties!!!

Reactions: Poolside Knight
No, there wasn't.

Rebekah Jones has basically been memory holed at this point.

It was hilarious finding out that she never had access to do the things she was claiming she was asked to do, like modifying data.

This thread is epic. Cubs has twisted himself into a pretzel like nobody has ever seen before. Hahahahahahahaha!

Strange, I noticed 85's response to Cubs79's take was to link criticisms of DeSantis from the teachers unions instead of the actual controversy he was mentioning: Prioritizing wealthy donors for the first vaccine shots from affluent Key Largo.

Strange, I noticed 85's response to Cubs79's take was to link criticisms of DeSantis from the teachers unions instead of the actual controversy he was mentioning: Prioritizing wealthy donors for the first vaccine shots from affluent Key Largo.

That also was a lie invented for feeble dolts like you to suck in and spit out as fact.

They sent vaccination teams into retirement communities and/or retirement homes where there were (wait for it)...........a large concentration of senior citizens. Some of these happened to be in wealthy communities while others did not (funny how the media never reported on the non-wealthy senior centers that got the same treatment).

Rather than make huge groups of vulnerable old people travel out to get vaccines, they had the crazy idea to vaccinate them in their community settings where it's easier and cheaper to do so.

Wow! How crazy and corrupt! Reaching large groups of senior citizens to vaccinate them during a pandemic that has overwhelmingly killed senior citizens. DESANTIS BAD MAN!

They sent vaccination teams into retirement communities and/or retirement homes where there were (wait for it)...........a large concentration of senior citizens.
Nice Try. There was never any serious issue over whether health care providers and the State's oldest senior citizens should receive the vaccine first. The issue -- and the criticism directed at your Governor -- was about which senior citizens got to be first in line.
That also was a lie invented for feeble dolts like you to suck in and spit out as fact.
So it's a lie
  • That fundraising arm of a South Florida hopital system told donors who could afford at least a six-figure financial contribution that they were eligible to be vaccinated back when the vaccine was still in short supply?
  • That the private Lakewood Ranch community -- owned by a prominant Republican donor and noted for having the highest income levels and lowest COVID infection rates in the country -- was among the very first (along with other affluent senior communities) to receive a pop-up vaccination center while poor senior centers throughout the state were kept twiddling their fingers waiting?
Rather than make huge groups of vulnerable old people travel out to get vaccines, they had the crazy idea to vaccinate them in their community settings where it's easier and cheaper to do so.
Duh. No one is arguing the value of pop-up vaccination centers.

Florida for 100, Ken. And the answer is...The first people in line for Covid vaccination shots.

* BING* Who were first responders and the Governor's wealthy supporters.

Nice Try. There was never any serious issue over whether health care providers and the State's oldest senior citizens should receive the vaccine first. The issue -- and the criticism directed at your Governor -- was about which senior citizens got to be first in line.

So it's a lie
  • That fundraising arm of a South Florida hopital system told donors who could afford at least a six-figure financial contribution that they were eligible to be vaccinated back when the vaccine was still in short supply?
  • That the private Lakewood Ranch community -- owned by a prominant Republican donor and noted for having the highest income levels and lowest COVID infection rates in the country -- was among the very first (along with other affluent senior communities) to receive a pop-up vaccination center while poor senior centers throughout the state were kept twiddling their fingers waiting?

Duh. No one is arguing the value of pop-up vaccination centers.

Florida for 100, Ken. And the answer is...The first people in line for Covid vaccination shots.

* BING* Who were first responders and the Governor's wealthy supporters.

Youre a dolt who doesn’t even live here just resting the shit you read on your insane left wing blogs. Keep obsessing over DeSantis though, it’s clearly going well for Democrats so far

Reactions: Knight In TN
Come on guys, don't be mean to Desantis, the guy obviously struggles to perform simple tasks like wearing a mask. He probably can't even tie his shoes on his own.

I have a general rule of thumb that the more Democrats and their Pravda press hate a candidate and attempt to destroy him or her the truer the threat they are to their power. DeSantis is a rising star and they will do anything and everything to destroy him. I also tend to think people in the middle are sick of it all, the mandates, the masks, the constantly changing rules, telling you to rat out your unvaccinated family and friends , you name it.

We are not getting honesty out of Fauci at all. The NCAA just announced if athletes had previously had covid they are as good as being vaccinated. Finally, an institution recognizes science .

The purpose of government is first to ensure liberty and second safety and security. I find DeSantis trying to manage virus ,which is nearly impossible to do, while allowing the most amount of freedom. Contrast his policy positions with that of any Democrat governor or the President and those people espitse public policy which is authoritarian disproportionately to the threat. Biden is still pushing vaccine mandates and when you look at omicron the predominant variant it's really not a threat especially compared to alpha and Delta. Public policy should be proportional to the issue but not these guys.

Y'all point out how the press claims wealthy donors got priority. Ok, let us say that happened. Ever wonder why NIH has yet to fund a solid study on immunity acquired through infection ? They should but they didn't. Why is it only moderna and Pfizer are our way out of this? Why is it they ignore the 40 million plus survivors with natural immunity and still push the vaccine which is only maybe half effective against omicron?

In 2015 Fauci partnered with Moderna to develop mRNA coronavirus vaccines . Glenn Beck acquired through a FOIA release the contracts of said partnership between NIH and Moderna . Seems to me MONEY is the reason to push vaccines and mandates. If they study natural immunity and validate it that's 40-50 million people who don't need a vaccine. That's a lot of money .I have zero problems holding politicians accountable both republican and Democrats .

Reactions: Knight In TN
I have a general rule of thumb that the more Democrats and their Pravda press hate a candidate and attempt to destroy him or her the truer the threat they are to their power. DeSantis is a rising star and they will do anything and everything to destroy him. I also tend to think people in the middle are sick of it all, the mandates, the masks, the constantly changing rules, telling you to rat out your unvaccinated family and friends , you name it.

We are not getting honesty out of Fauci at all. The NCAA just announced if athletes had previously had covid they are as good as being vaccinated. Finally, an institution recognizes science .

The purpose of government is first to ensure liberty and second safety and security. I find DeSantis trying to manage virus ,which is nearly impossible to do, while allowing the most amount of freedom. Contrast his policy positions with that of any Democrat governor or the President and those people espitse public policy which is authoritarian disproportionately to the threat. Biden is still pushing vaccine mandates and when you look at omicron the predominant variant it's really not a threat especially compared to alpha and Delta. Public policy should be proportional to the issue but not these guys.

Y'all point out how the press claims wealthy donors got priority. Ok, let us say that happened. Ever wonder why NIH has yet to fund a solid study on immunity acquired through infection ? They should but they didn't. Why is it only moderna and Pfizer are our way out of this? Why is it they ignore the 40 million plus survivors with natural immunity and still push the vaccine which is only maybe half effective against omicron?

In 2015 Fauci partnered with Moderna to develop mRNA coronavirus vaccines . Glenn Beck acquired through a FOIA release the contracts of said partnership between NIH and Moderna . Seems to me MONEY is the reason to push vaccines and mandates. If they study natural immunity and validate it that's 40-50 million people who don't need a vaccine. That's a lot of money .I have zero problems holding politicians accountable both republican and Democrats .
Did you see how pissed off Fauci got when he was asked why Covaxin hasn't been approved in the US? He went so far as to lie, saying they hadn't requested approval. It was pretty obvious he has some kind of stake in making sure that mRNA is the only option.

Youre a dolt who doesn’t even live here...
Ouch! What a burn!
...just resting the shit you read on your insane left wing blogs.
Left wing blogs? Try one of those interweb search dealies and you'll find plenty of local NBC and Fox News affiliates in Florida reporting on this stuff so even some out-of-state 'dolt' can follow it.
Keep obsessing over DeSantis though, it’s clearly going well for Democrats so far
You might want to re-review this thread. If there's any obsessing going on here over DeSantis, it would appears it's coming from you and your buddies.

MUH DESANTIS!!!

giphy.gif

Ouch! What a burn!

Left wing blogs?
Try one of those interweb search dealies and you'll find plenty of local NBC and Fox News affiliates in Florida reporting on this stuff so even some out-of-state 'dolt' can follow it.

You might want to re-review this thread. If there's any obsessing going on here over DeSantis, it would appears it's coming from you and your buddies.
Pointing out media bias and lies is hardly obsessing. You have one dude (Cubs) who basically stuck his fingers in his ears and strawmanned his way through it. Whatevs.

Conservatives listen up: the man who is so goddamn stupid he can't put on a mask correctly says you shouldn't perform preventative medicine. Wait until you are on deaths doorstep before seeking treatment.

Early cancer screening? Only for libruls.
Colonoscopy? Antifa propaganda.
Dental check ups? Dumb.

Lmao today's cult GOP is literally killing itself.

• Haha
Reactions: DaShuckster

Conservatives listen up: the man who is so goddamn stupid he can't put on a mask correctly says you shouldn't perform preventative medicine. Wait until you are on deaths doorstep before seeking treatment.

Early cancer screening? Only for libruls.
Colonoscopy? Antifa propaganda.
Dental check ups? Dumb.

Lmao today's cult GOP is literally killing itself.
If you can't understand what he is saying then you're even dumber than I thought.

Should toddlers get colonoscopies? Preventative medicine, amirite?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT