ADVERTISEMENT

Is it time to scrap gender specific awards?

They should absolutely do it. It would shorten these stupid award shows that serve no purpose but inflate the already inflated egos of douchebag hypocrites. The only purpose of these shows is to allow these hypocrite libs to propagate their progressive utopian ideals from their private jet and gated mansion soap boxes.

They should absolutely do it. It would shorten these stupid award shows that serve no purpose but inflate the already inflated egos of douchebag hypocrites. The only purpose of these shows is to allow these hypocrite libs to propagate their progressive utopian ideals from their private jet and gated mansion soap boxes.

Acedemia is the same way although the stage is different.

Doesn't matter. However these things get done, some people will find a way to bitch about it, and want it the opposite way. Some people are just a virus.

The emmy awards said you can get nominated for pretending to be a different person on tv and then pretend to be a different sex during nominations. What's the problem? How long do I have to suspend disbelief?

Reactions: UCFWayne
For some, yes. I'd love to know WTF my jet and gated mansion are, however.

I'm not ripping on you, Joe, just the industry. It always cracks me up at how many award ceremonies and accolade events academic types hold for each other. I've been to enough of them to know it's a bunch of bullshit pomp where they tell each other how awesome they are.

I'm not ripping on you, Joe, just the industry. It always cracks me up at how many award ceremonies and accolade events academic types hold for each other. I've been to enough of them to know it's a bunch of bullshit pomp where they tell each other how awesome they are.
Who cares? The award shows move the economy. Same thing with head of state summits: a bunch of bullshit pomp where they tell each other how awesome they are (or how bad the others are). At the end, some employees get some extra hours

What industry or line of business doesn't have awards? How about salesperson of the month, or hitting a quota or any other metric. Sure business awards might involve monetary incentives, but so do a lot of academic awards. The big hitters at universities are always the researchers who bring in the most research money, so it really isn't that different.

What industry or line of business doesn't have awards? How about salesperson of the month, or hitting a quota or any other metric. Sure business awards might involve monetary incentives, but so do a lot of academic awards. The big hitters at universities are always the researchers who bring in the most research money, so it really isn't that different.

The difference between industry and academia is the fact there there is typically a ceremony or a public event for academia vice awards in business which is unceremonious and not very public except for maybe a note on a website. My mother in law was a provost at a community college and there was always some large event she was attending where a 1000 faculty/staff members were being recognized for something that should have been just a function of doing their job. Everyone gets a trophy!!

Conservatives certainly get upset about things "they don't care about."

Last edited:
I can't wait until this happens so we can see all the complaints about men winning more awards than women.

#AwardGap

Reactions: UCFWayne
I can't wait until this happens so we can see all the complaints about men winning more awards than women.

#AwardGap
I honestly dont get why "feminist" dont get upset over this type of thing or even the transgender thing. I saw a story the other day about a teenage boy who claims to be a girl run track and dominate. His time would have put him in second at the state level and only off by .1 seconds. The difference in that time was that it was actually pretty cold and they didnt get to start off the blocks like the state time had used. So yea, this boy is going to shatter the girls record next year.

I guess "feminists" arent smart enough to realize if these things goes forward, it will just erode all actual work the real feminists put in years ago.

Reactions: jetsaholic
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT