ADVERTISEMENT

Is there really a QB controversy??

Would think Keene stays until after the season at least even if he loses the job. Only would make sense to transfer if JRP beats him and returns for his final covid year
If Plumlee wins the job, why would he not return? He's not on any radar to get drafted and the '23 QB class has a ton of talent.

Reactions: knight_tracker
come on man. just because a player was once highly rated doesn't mean he is that player today. he's transferring from UT-Martin after it not working out at Houston and Bama.
Seems like it didn't work out at Bama and UH because of disciplinary issues. Could still be very talented.

I get that Gus likes a running QB offense but once a guy loses his position to another QB that is a sign.

Does it change when he loses to a QB that finished 7th in Heisman voting and is now an NFL QB? It does to me.

To be fair, he did have 1900 yards from scrimmage on an SEC team. He may not be Bryce Young but he is definitely not a bum.

come on man. just because a player was once highly rated doesn't mean he is that player today. he's transferring from UT-Martin after it not working out at Houston and Bama.

He wrote apologies to uat and Houston for his behavior. He is immediately eligible. Not many positions where a defensive player can walk on the field and make an immediate impact. Edge rusher is one. UCF is one impact pass rusher away from being New Year's Six/CFP special.

That could not have worse audio lol.
Next time Johnny Richardson may want to use this response when asked if he noticed any improvements by Keene compared to last year. A little more ambiguous.

the-office-michael-scott.gif

Next time Johnny Richardson may want to use this response when asked if he noticed any improvements by Keene compared to last year. A little more ambiguous.

the-office-michael-scott.gif
Did you hear what he said? I literally have no idea, that audio always atrocious.

Timmy and Horn time to come home!
Timmy bolted losing the job. I get it. Based on the talent here at QB, I dont see him winning as starter here based on time and knowing the playbook. I could see him going to a MAC school and lighting it up. He was a good QB. Like someone said, usf is now one injury away from going winless.

holy smoke, you never hear that kind of honesty, not sure if he meant that to come off that brutal.
Watch his whole interview. Take into account that's his first interview and isn't as polished yet as someone who has a ton of interview experience like Sam Jackson.

He may have just felt thrown off by what was a tough, *on the spot* question.

Timmy bolted losing the job. I get it. Based on the talent here at QB, I dont see him winning as starter here based on time and knowing the playbook. I could see him going to a MAC school and lighting it up. He was a good QB. Like someone said, usf is now one injury away from going winless.
not as cut and dry as that. and he looked better than Keene when you take into account the talent around him. and he has much better interest than just MAC schools

Watch his whole interview. Take into account that's his first interview and isn't as polished yet as someone who has a ton of interview experience like Sam Jackson.

He may have just felt thrown off by what was a tough, *on the spot* question.

I do think he was thrown off, but the rest of his comments did not sound like someone talking about the offensive leader that is supposed to run the show and win games. Sounds like he was talking about the punter. "Doing good", "Doing the things he do", "Coming to work everyday".

Literally every other person he was questioned about, he seemed to have more things to say and in a more positive tone.

I do think he was thrown off, but the rest of his comments did not sound like someone talking about the offensive leader that is supposed to run the show and win games. Sounds like he was talking about the punter. "Doing good", "Doing the things he do", "Coming to work everyday".

Literally every other person he was questioned about, he seemed to have more things to say and in a more positive tone.
I agree

Anybody who has been paying attention to college football the last 10 years knows they aren't going to name a starter. Period. Both guys will play in week one, and they still won't name a starter, it'll probably be a little clearer who the starter will be, but it won't be completely clear until the Louisville game and whoever plays all or a majority of that game will just be the starter from then on. Secrecy and subterfuge is everything in College Football these days, make the other team plan for everything.

I think it's closer to 2019 QB battle than anything else. It seems like we hear more about praise about Castallanos than Keene or Plumlee.

By now I would think we would hear comments about Keene making the leap in progression and Plumlee showing veteran leadership for the offense and pushing each other.

Instead we get a report by media stating it look like two guys having fun and not really in a competition.

I think it's closer to 2019 QB battle than anything else. It seems like we hear more about praise about Castallanos than Keene or Plumlee.

By now I would think we would hear comments about Keene making the leap in progression and Plumlee showing veteran leadership for the offense and pushing each other.

Instead we get a report by media stating it look like two guys having fun and not really in a competition.
The team likes both JRP and MK pretty evenly.

Reactions: AuburnLegacy_1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT