ADVERTISEMENT

ISIS Leader al-Baghdadi killed in US operation

Is he really dead? I found an article where we killed him already in 2017.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN19W1AW

Do you guys ever actually read the crap you post?

Your article cites Syrian Observatory workers who claim they were TOLD by ISIS members that he died (they didn’t actually see anything) and the Americans, Europeans, and Iraqis all refused to confirm the obviously unlikely second hand hearsay story.

Today, we have the US Special Forces who report they not only engaged him but watched him die and then took forensic DNA to confirm. This was then reviewed and confirmed by the Pentagon.

So many similarities in stories!

Reactions: btbones
Do you guys ever actually read the crap you post?

Your article cites Syrian Observatory workers who claim they were TOLD by ISIS members that he died (they didn’t actually see anything) and the Americans, Europeans, and Iraqis all refused to confirm the obviously unlikely second hand hearsay story.

Today, we have the US Special Forces who report they not only engaged him but watched him die and then took forensic DNA to confirm. This was then reviewed and confirmed by the Pentagon.

So many similarities in stories!

The point is that I think there are multiple al-Baghdadis, like James Bond, just call a new dude al-Baghdadi.

With this guy gone, I guess you moved up on the terrorist list.
stirpot.gif

The point is that I think there are multiple al-Baghdadis, like James Bond, just call a new dude al-Baghdadi.

With this guy gone, I guess you moved up on the terrorist list.
stirpot.gif

I remember this theory from a few years ago, and wouldn't be surprised if it's true. There was a time where he had reportedly been killed and then a few weeks later an audio recording of him was released. The talking heads were debating whether it was a old recording or if there exists the possibility of multiple Baghdadi's.

I remember this theory from a few years ago, and wouldn't be surprised if it's true. There was a time where he had reportedly been killed and then a few weeks later an audio recording of him was released. The talking heads were debating whether it was a old recording or if there exists the possibility of multiple Baghdadi's.

No, see the problem is that these "reports" of him dying were based on hilarious articles like the one firm just published, where some Syrian group "heard" that he died from some random ISIS fighters and suddenly the word was that this guy was dead. In fact, ISIS probably purposely spread those rumors just so he could put out recordings later and try to make this idiot more mysterious than he was.

No, see the problem is that these "reports" of him dying were based on hilarious articles like the one firm just published, where some Syrian group "heard" that he died from some random ISIS fighters and suddenly the word was that this guy was dead. In fact, ISIS probably purposely spread those rumors just so he could put out recordings later and try to make this idiot more mysterious than he was.

Equally possible. Baghdadi was supposedly the caliph so they may have wanted to make it seem like he is invincible/ defies death/ etc to gain support for the caliphate.

Reactions: firm_bizzle
Equally possible. Baghdadi was supposedly the caliph so they may have wanted to make it seem like he is invincible/ defies death/ etc to gain support for the caliphate.

I think it's this. We'll hear about another Baghdadi 5 years from now. He's like a character in those fairy tales we read about as kids.

this is good news if its true. plenty of reports weve gotten this guy in the past. he seems like a roach that just wont die, so lets hope its real this time. sad people cant admit that trumps team and our military did something right together.

Maybe I missed something here, but I don't see anybody who's didn't think this was damn good news for a change.

As long as that mass murderer/rapist was alive the chances of ISIS returning as a legit threat were much greater.

Remember that Trump and Trumpers must always have or create an enemy in order to fuel their grievance machine.

Remember that Trump and Trumpers must always have or create an enemy in order to fuel their grievance machine.
The Trumpsters cheered when they learned that Trump was "sending our troops home." We were told it was about damn time we got the hell out of the region and that if we "lefties" wanted to maintain a presence in the area so much, we should go over there and fight ourselves.

When the truth finally came out that Trump's "coming home" announcement was his usual BS and that his decision was really about leaving Syria for the Turks and Russians, we heard crickets sounds from our resident Red Hats.

AND NOW...the irony of this good news is that when a US military action in the region has made the world a safer place, they've gotten a severe case of amnesia.

The Trumpsters cheered when they learned that Trump was "sending our troops home." We were told it was about damn time we got the hell out of the region and that if we "lefties" wanted to maintain a presence in the area so much, we should go over there and fight ourselves.

When the truth finally came out that Trump's "coming home" announcement was his usual BS and that his decision was really about leaving Syria for the Turks and Russians, we heard crickets sounds from our resident Red Hats.

AND NOW...the irony of this good news is that when a US military action in the region has made the world a safer place, they've gotten a severe case of amnesia.

Yep. 85 was giving us hell for days about bringing the troops home, now crickets.

sad people cant admit that trumps team and our military did something right together.

Literally no one here is saying that.

The only person remotely guilty of disparaging the president when his team accomplished killing a terrorist leader is Trump. But if we point that out somehow we have TDS.

It says a lot about your position when you have to continuously lie to try and defend your position.

i said i was happy to see the troops come home and then i spoke up and said i was made that they were going to stay in the region. in fact i did it with syria and afghanistan. trump has shown a willingness to try and bring home the troops. however, both sides, dems and reps both want to see us stay over there forever.

Yep. 85 was giving us hell for days about bringing the troops home, now crickets.

lol it's sad to see that you've taken up Shookster's penchant for lying, but I never once said that I wanted these SF units "brought home". Mostly because I'm not dumb and know that SF units stay deployed and don't usually come back home to put their feet up.

What I did want, and got, was to remove our guys from being stuck in the crossfire between 2 allies in a conflict we have nothing to do with. That's not even remotely the same as having units positioned to go kill ISIS shitheads when there is an opportunity which is exactly what we just did.

Remember when you guys assured me we wouldn't be able to strike at ISIS anymore when we had units fall back? We were going soft on ISIS!

[roll]

What I did want, and got, was to remove our guys from being stuck in the crossfire between 2 allies in a conflict we have nothing to do with.
More spin from our resident bullsh*t spreader. :rolleyes:

So you'd have us believe this was really about removing our guys from being stuck between a Turk-Kurd crossfire?

Bullsh*t. There is absolutely NO WAY Erdogan would have ever invaded Syria without Trump's tacit approval to back-off.

Try to spin otherwise.

More spin from our resident bullsh*t spreader. :rolleyes:

So you'd have us believe this was really about removing our guys from being stuck between a Turk-Kurd crossfire?

Bullsh*t. There is absolutely NO WAY Erdogan would have ever invaded Syria without Trump's tacit approval to back-off.

Try to spin otherwise.

Hey dipshit, it's possible to both 1) remove our SF units from the area near Turkey's border where this conflict was going to happen and 2) leave them in position to go kill ISIS assholes when the opportunity arises.

Your entire dumb talking point is destroyed by the fact that we just killed the head of ISIS. You bitched and whined on here for weeks that we were "giving up Syria to ISIS!" and yet you were just proven wrong- again.

And oh by the way, it looks like we also killed the ISIS #2 in charge with an airstrike AND did it with intelligence the Kurds gave us. But I thought they'd never talk to us again!!!

A day after an American raid killed Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, a separate attack killed the man who was considered his likely successor, according to the leader of a Syrian Kurdish militia and a Syrian activist.

The spokesman, known by his nom de guerre Abu Hassan al-Muhajir, was being smuggled across northern Syria in the back of an oil tanker truck when it was hit by what witnesses said they believed to be an American airstrike, according to Hussein Nasser, an activist who said he had spoken to people at the scene.

Mazlum Abdi, the head of a Kurdish-led militia that fought the Islamic State with the United States, wrote on Twitter that Mr. al-Muhajir had been killed on Sunday in an operation coordinated between his forces and the United States.

Reactions: UCFWayne
And oh by the way, it looks like we also killed the ISIS #2 in charge with an airstrike AND did it with intelligence the Kurds gave us. But I thought they'd never talk to us again!!!
They gave us the intel on Baghdadi last summer.

All the more reason to have deserted them a few weeks ago, right?

Reactions: NinjaKnight
They gave us the intel on Baghdadi last summer.

All the more reason to have deserted them a few weeks ago, right?

[roll]

The story clip I just posted says the SDF and our forces coordinated on this attack just yesterday.

L O L

The story clip I just posted says the SDF and our forces coordinated on this attack just yesterday.

Nobody is arguing with you over when the attack was coordinated.

I said the Kurdish INTEL about Baghdadi's whereabouts was shared with us before Trump's "Sunday Surprise."

Political infighting aside, the story of his death is really messed up. Killed 3 of his own children while committing suicide.

He took Kayla Mueller hostage, an American, and raped her and tortured her over and over for over a year until she was killed in a Jordanian airstrike.

the story of his death is really messed up. Killed 3 of his own children while committing suicide.
And this is surprising, Crazy?

This was a man who was a terrorist, a mass-murderer (public beheadings was his fav), and a serial rapist. The fact that he took his own children's lives with him when he went down seems par for the course to me.

The US Media questions anything from the Trump administration, especially when allied intelligence services confirm.

Max Boot is a Trump hating obsessed loser who had to find a way to attack him even on this, so he asserted that al-Baghdadi actually “died a courageous death” and wrote that in his WaPo article

incredible. A man so committed to obsessing with hatred over the President. Sounds like some people here.

Max Boot is a Trump hating obsessed loser who had to find a way to attack him even on this, so he asserted that al-Baghdadi actually “died a courageous death” and wrote that in his WaPo article

incredible. A man so committed to obsessing with hatred over the President. Sounds like some people here.

Hooray, you found your enemy! Air those grievances!

I don't get into the "TDS" stuff much at all. But if there was ever an example of TDS, this is it. It just undermines a lot of the legitimate complaints with Trump. Which is why I end up pointing out a lot of hypocrisy.

I was getting worries about old 85, he hasn't found a way to faux rage and it's been awhile since he posting a whiny little bitch thread about how oppressed he is. Glad ya found something buddy!

ADVERTISEMENT