ADVERTISEMENT

ISIS Leader al-Baghdadi killed in US operation

LOL at the bed wetting liberals who assert that media pieces like the WaPo are the “defenders of democracy” and then defending them when one of their writers calls a terrorist asshole “courageous” all becuase his obsessive hatred of Trump matches their own obsessive hatred

Reactions: UCFBS and UCFWayne
LOL at the bed wetting liberals who assert that media pieces like the WaPo are the “defenders of democracy” and then defending them when one of their writers calls a terrorist asshole “courageous”
Swing and a miss. The WaPo's Max Boot is a life-long conservative writer.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
Swing and a miss. The WaPo's Max Boot is a life-long conservative writer.
On Boot, I think that I agree with Damon Linker of The NY Times opinion that “Boot never espoused pronounced conservative ideas, but rather followed "the expression of a particularly bellicose strand of Cold War liberalism that migrated from the center-left to the center-right in the aftermath of the Vietnam War.” Boot is also a strong never-Trumper who endorsed Hillary for President. To paint him as a staunch conservative would be incorrect.

Reactions: UCFWayne
I love how there are people on this board who laugh at reporting by the Washington Examiner, but at the same time consider the Washington Post to be a bastion of unbiased reporting.

How did they report the death of al-baghdadi? They frigging put it in the obituaries and described him as an "austere religious scholar". Not a front page story saying "serial rapist and leader of the largest terror organization on earth who killed 3 of his own children to avoid arrest is dead". Yep. Let's continue to listen to the mainstream media.

Reactions: UCFBS and UCFWayne
I love how there are people on this board who laugh at reporting by the Washington Examiner, but at the same time consider the Washington Post to be a bastion of unbiased reporting.

How did they report the death of al-baghdadi? They frigging put it in the obituaries and described him as an "austere religious scholar". Not a front page story saying "serial rapist and leader of the largest terror organization on earth who killed 3 of his own children to avoid arrest is dead". Yep. Let's continue to listen to the mainstream media.

This is what I’m saying- these lefties are disingenuous little twats. Link to the Examiner and it’s “right wing fake news”. Link to bullshit from the WaPo and apparently it’s also “right wing fake news”.

The WaPo was a source of awesome unbiased reporting until it suddenly wasn’t for these people

hilarious

I said he was a life-long Conservative, which is how he describes himself.
He can label himself however he wants. Being a conservative is different than being a free market liberal. His own description of his positions, his actions, and many of his writings don’t back up him being a life-long conservative.

Reactions: UCFWayne
He can label himself however he wants. Being a conservative is different than being a free market liberal. His own description of his positions, his actions, and many of his writings don’t back up him being a life-long conservative.
Whatever. I forgot all Never Trumpers are fake Conservatives. :rolleyes:

But what does being a conservative in todays climate even mean? I would argue the idea of a "conservative" has changed quite a bit even in just the last decade or so, and honestly, in todays world, other than someone like maybe a Justin Amash type, I don't know what "conservatives" even really stand for.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT