Todd's Tiki Bar
Feb 20, 2010
I'll start:

1. New OC
  2. New DC
  3. No returning starters in the secondary
  4. No returning linebacker starters
  5. No returning wide receiver starters
  6. Brent Key as OC (this may should be #1)
  7. Schedule with our 3 toughest games being away
  8. All new kickers (this may should be #2)
  9. Offensive line - 9 different starting lineups last year
  10. We're due. We haven't had a losing season in 3 years. Everyone knows with GOL as HC, to expect the rollacoster of a ride.
These are just my top 10. Do you agree? What would you add?

OC and DC aren't really concerns for me because as we've always seen, GOL has his thumb on everything and those two positions will be answering to him. He'll be a part of the gameplanning and making sure they are prepared.

Secondary is less of a concern because at the end of the day, CB is the least important position on the defense. Get the pass rush right and you can stick anyone back there.

WR concerns me a little because the lack of experience, but we have athletes and those guys always can come out of nowhere and contribute all the time.

My top 3 concerns are OL, DL and LB. Get those right and we'll be fine and compete for another conference championship.

Reactions: Kevin Reis
Honors. I concur. If we aren't good this year I will have to compensate by tailgating harder.

tumblr_inline_mhu5ha7UAH1qz4rgp_zps5b8f0491.gif

Reactions: cocoabeachjason
all reason listed are solid ... even if we have a meh year (7-5) it will feel like a losing season.

No, if UCF goes 7-5 this year, it will feel like a 7-5 season.

Most college football previews had UCF going 8-4 or 7-5 this season, especially.with tough road games at Stanford, at South Carolina and AAC East favorite Cincinnati.

In addition to the huge defensive losses this year (ncluding an unexpected loss just this week), UCF will have their most inexperienced group of WR's in decades.

Could be a challenging year but hopefully this team will surprise more than a few this season.

So back to back down years huh? Will 2016 be a 6-6 or 5-7 year?

I'll start:

1. New OC
  2. New DC
  10. We're due. We haven't had a losing season in 3 years. Everyone knows with GOL as HC, to expect the rollacoster of a ride.
I believe it's up to key players that are returning whether
we have good or bad year. There's enough talent to
have a strong season. On offense the QB, OL and RBs
need to perform well. On defense, our DL has to have
it's best year since Miller left. If Holman improves we
will win at least 8 games,

Global warming melts the Brighthouse dish stadium.
Oleary wakes up 2nd week of season and has 2nd bad day at work.
Spiders in locker room.
Over inflated balls

It's about trends and ours isn't good.

Oh come now guys, FB has been saying this for five years. The odds are eventually he will be right. The question is will it be this year? An is a trend from 9+ win seasons to a single 7+ win season a bad trend?

Reactions: firm_bizzle
Oh come now guys, FB has been saying this for five years. The odds are eventually he will be right. The question is will it be this year? An is a trend from 9+ win seasons to a single 7+ win season a bad trend?

Yes.
2013- 12 wins
2014- 9 wins
2015- 6 wins???

This trend is not good.
#firegol

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
Honors....great to see you posting again. I rarely go on the main board so haven't seen your posts for a ling time. Am very excited about going to August practices to try and find initial answers to all the great points you brought up. I will be looking at the new wide receivers the most since they have no experience. I have a lot of faith in Coach Beckton though. He played well for us as a pure freshman......

Have fun Honors....hope to talk with you at a future UCF practice!

Reactions: UCFhonors
Honors....great to see you posting again. I rarely go on the main board so haven't seen your posts for a ling time. Am very excited about going to August practices to try and find initial answers to all the great points you brought up. I will be looking at the new wide receivers the most since they have no experience. I have a lot of faith in Coach Beckton though. He played well for us as a pure freshman......

Have fun Honors....hope to talk with you at a future UCF practice!

Kevin! I've never seen you post in the fan forum. Allow me to do a proper introduction:

Legendary Reis, is one of UCF's all time greatest fans! His commitment and knowledge is second to none. Before there was any KnightNews, or UCFSports.com or OS covering UCF athletics, there was just one major fan spreading the sporting news of UCF. Before there was major network deals and websites giving coverage to UCF there was just one major fan who was at every game and event. Before UCF had press conferences there was one major fan in the trenches digging for interviews. Legendary Reis, was that super fan sports reporter who provided the sole coverage of UCF athletics for nearly 2 decades.

Legendary Reis, has been going to practices and games since the beginning of UCF athletics. He has been part of gameday strategic planning sessions with the coaches, on bus & plane trips with all of the teams, and there in person for the rise of UCF. He impresses with his instantaneous recollection of former players of all levels and on all strings for comparison and analysis purposes. His personal relationships and exclusive access to coaches allows him to be the single person in all of UCF sports to string together the inside perspective of all the eras of the athletics program. Legendary Reis is the encyclopedia of UCF athletics. And he continues that today. Every time I go to a practice with the excitement and hope of getting a glimpse of UCF's future season, I'm even more excited to hear about UCF's history and the expert analysis of UCF future by Legendary Reis.

And that is who Kevin Reis is.

Yeah, I haven't posted in a while. I'm excited to about August practices. I have lots of questions that I'm sure you have the answers to.

Kevin! I've never seen you post in the fan forum. Allow me to do a proper introduction:

Legendary Reis, is one of UCF's all time greatest fans! His commitment and knowledge is second to none. Before there was any KnightNews, or UCFSports.com or OS covering UCF athletics, there was just one major fan spreading the sporting news of UCF. Before there was major network deals and websites giving coverage to UCF there was just one major fan who was at every game and event. Before UCF had press conferences there was one major fan in the trenches digging for interviews. Legendary Reis, was that super fan sports reporter who provided the sole coverage of UCF athletics for nearly 2 decades.

Legendary Reis, has been going to practices and games since the beginning of UCF athletics. He has been part of gameday strategic planning sessions with the coaches, on bus & plane trips with all of the teams, and there in person for the rise of UCF. He impresses with his instantaneous recollection of former players of all levels and on all strings for comparison and analysis purposes. His personal relationships and exclusive access to coaches allows him to be the single person in all of UCF sports to string together the inside perspective of all the eras of the athletics program. Legendary Reis is the encyclopedia of UCF athletics. And he continues that today. Every time I go to a practice with the excitement and hope of getting a glimpse of UCF's future season, I'm even more excited to hear about UCF's history and the expert analysis of UCF future by Legendary Reis.

And that is who Kevin Reis is.

Yeah, I haven't posted in a while. I'm excited to about August practices. I have lots of questions that I'm sure you have the answers to.
I remember Kevin and Ross Wolf from back in the day (Haystacks Apartments) :)

Global warming melts the Brighthouse dish stadium.
Oleary wakes up 2nd week of season and has 2nd bad day at work.
Spiders in locker room.
Over inflated balls
Are you saying the zombie internet weasels have joined forces with the cockroaches to take over the world?

This sucks. My guess is there is a lot of uncertainty on both sides of the ball, and he doesn't want to see stuff in the media about their performance to distract them. Seems these boys have a TON of learning to do, and not a lot of time to do it. I'm a little worried by this. Not gonna lie. Hope they show up and show out though!

Reason
14. there is a lot of uncertainty on both sides of the ball - Defense
15. there is a lot of uncertainty on both sides of the ball - Offense
16. Lack of media hype
17. Tons of learning to do
18. Not enough time to learn
19. Closed Practices!

Chances are that GOL finds some way to win the conference with a 6-6 record.
Whats messed up is if that happens - the we won a conference title nutthuggers will be gloating about GOLs 3 straight conference titles. Well guess what? North Dakota State has won some titles too! They might as well be brought up in conference expansion.

.... will be gloating about GOLs 3 straight conference titles. .

Wouldn't back-to-back-to-back titles be the TEAM's Championships too?

I think it would be great if UCF wins AAC East Division Title and then wins the inaugural AAC Championship Game.

Sure there are plenty of reasons why UCF isn't picked to win AAC East (let alone AAC Championship) this year but I still hope it happens.

Wouldn't back-to-back-to-back titles be the TEAM's Championships too?

I think it would be great if UCF wins AAC East Division Title and then wins the inaugural AAC Championship Game.

Sure there are plenty of reasons why UCF isn't picked to win AAC East (let alone AAC Championship) this year but I still hope it happens.

Not if we finish the season 6-6. At least address the entire context of mine and firm's statement. ;)

I'll start:

1. New OC
  2. New DC
Reason
14. there is a lot of uncertainty on both sides of the ball - Defense
15. there is a lot of uncertainty on both sides of the ball - Offense
16. Lack of media hype
17. Tons of learning to do
18. Not enough time to learn
19. Closed Practices!
We may have some people step up...one never knows.

The cheerleaders start marrying one another. Oh sorry, is this not a politically correct thing to say...

Not if we finish the season 6-6. At least address the entire context of mine and firm's statement. ;)

What?

Teams have won Divisors before with 6-2 records so regardless what happens on non conf play, UCF would win their divison and then a conf champ game.

What?

Teams have won Divisors before with 6-2 records so regardless what happens on non conf play, UCF would win their divison and then a conf champ game.
Oh yeah we look like a real attractive candidate for expansion because of that

Oh yeah we look like a real attractive candidate for expansion because of that

Yep. Because that is exactly how expansion decisions are made. Which ever the top 2 G5 teams are in 2015, will shirely get an Big 12 invite.

Yep. Because that is exactly how expansion decisions are made. Which ever the top 2 G5 teams are in 2015, will shirely get an Big 12 invite.

I didnt say the top 2 G5 teams gets the Big 12 invite either. Im just reiterating what non-UCF followers are saying...and adding what value would a 6-6 G5 team in 2015 would be if the story of the Big 12 expanding happens afterwards. At least TCU and Utah had above average seasons mixed in with their undefeated seasons when they were invited.

20. Backup QB!!! Everyone who hasn't been to the practices is very concerned about the backup QB situation.
21. Backup QBs converting to WRs!!!! Everyone who hasn't been to the practices has completely forgot about the years when RoCal and Godfrey converted from QB to WR.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT