ADVERTISEMENT

Jan 6th

Is this board just going to ignore that as more information comes out, it seems pretty clear this was an attempted coup?
Im not ignoring it. I’ve been waiting for the chuds who say it was just a selfie tour to come forward. Alas, they’re too busy Circle jerking about vaccines…

Is this board just going to ignore that as more information comes out, it seems pretty clear this was an attempted coup?
What have you seen that makes it clear that it was an attempted coup?

What would you call trying to create a national emergency (this was the plan) and have votes thrown out that they didnt like for no reason other than they didnt like them? And we know Jim Jordan was working with them (and others but those names havent been release yet). The only reason it didnt work is because they didnt think congress would reconvene for the vote that same night.

What would you call trying to create a national emergency (this was the plan) and have votes thrown out that they didnt like for no reason other than they didnt like them? And we know Jim Jordan was working with them (and others but those names havent been release yet). The only reason it didnt work is because they didnt think congress would reconvene for the vote that same night.

He says presumably with a straight face. :)

I've been told by @Knight In TN that nobody here believes the election was stolen from Trump. If that's the case, then it begs the question: what exactly was the Trump Administration trying to do in the aftermath of the election?

What was Trump's 'Stop the Steal' rally about? Why was it held in Washington, DC on the same day Congress was convening to certify the electoral college vote? Why did Trump tell the crowd to 'join him' at the Capitol? Why did the resulting riot go on all afternoon before the President made any attempt to stop it? Why are Trump officials refusing to talk to the Congressional Committee investigating it?

This whole sorted mess reminds me of the old saying about a duck. If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, chances are, it's a duck.

Last edited:
I laugh when I hear this called an insurrection. 🤣

I didn't know walking around unarmed could overthrow a government. We have more problems if so.
f6b2988d1eefe9ae8b36ea6ceec149cf

Did you even read the article you posted? They didnt alter the actual texts, there was a perioud added when it was transcribed, but the article clearly states the document that went along with the text was an outline of how Pence could give the election to Trump. So Ill ask again, what would you call an attempt to over turn an election if not an attempted coup?

I laugh when I hear this called an insurrection.
That's because -- like with your anti-vax BS -- you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

The dictionary definition of 'insurrection' is a violent uprising against the government. The law of the land said that Joe Biden won the election in the Electoral College and on Jan. 6th the Congress was convening to certify it. The mob that stormed the Capitol was hellbent on 'stopping the steal' in the aftermath of Trump's campaign-like rally.

Was it a military coup? Of course not. But Trump and his minions were trying to create as much chaos at possible to trigger a national crisis. Mike Pence was told in a zillion different ways that he did not have the authority to 'throw out' electoral votes presented by any of the various states. But imagine if he was such a Trump sycophant that he actually did it. Talk about the sh*t hitting the fan! Talk about a Constitutional crisis!

We are damn lucky we avoided all of that---for now. But I find it extremely disgusting that many of the poor saps who believed Trump on January 6th are going to prison while Trump and his cronies who should be charged with treason are going to get off scot-free.

Hillary conceded the day after the election, this has nothing to do with this thread.
Exactly, Cubs79! Everything with these yahoos is "but whaddabout?" It's either "leftie riots this" or "Hillary Clinton" that.

Plain and simple, this was nothing short of treason and if we don't treat it as such, our country's future as a democracy is seriously in doubt.

Did you even read the article you posted? They didnt alter the actual texts, there was a perioud added when it was transcribed, but the article clearly states the document that went along with the text was an outline of how Pence could give the election to Trump. So Ill ask again, what would you call an attempt to over turn an election if not an attempted coup?
The rest of the text says that whatever Jordan sent to Meadows was laying out arguments on how it "could" be constitutional. TBH, none of this matters all that much to me other than holding the 1/6ers indefinitely and being deprived of their constitutional rights. Get them to court, find them guilty, and sentence them.

Exactly, Cubs79! Everything with these yahoos is "but whaddabout?" It's either "leftie riots this" or "Hillary Clinton" that.

Plain and simple, this was nothing short of treason and if we don't treat it as such, our country's future as a democracy is seriously in doubt.

This very well might be the biggest political story (unless you count 9/11 as political) of our lifetimes, and these guys arent even able to discuss it. We are no longer a serious country.

The rest of the text says that whatever Jordan sent to Meadows was laying out arguments on how it "could" be constitutional. TBH, none of this matters all that much to me other than holding the 1/6ers indefinitely and being deprived of their constitutional rights. Get them to court, find them guilty, and sentence them.

Of course it doesnt matter much to you, you and the other idiots would be ok with the reality TV president stealing an election and ending the entire foundation this country is built on. Anyway, sorry to interupt your vaccine and kiddy sex posts, so feel free to get back to those.

• Haha
Reactions: DaShuckster
Of course it doesnt matter much to you, you and the other idiots would be ok with the reality TV president stealing an election and ending the entire foundation this country is built on. Anyway, sorry to interupt your vaccine and kiddy sex posts, so feel free to get back to those.
I think it could be an interesting discussion if the politics were left out of it, but I doubt that is possible.

I think it could be an interesting discussion if the politics were left out of it, but I doubt that is possible.

Of course it isnt possible. When you have a president and some members of a political party trying to steal an election, then obviously the politics is part of it. I mean, thats like saying, "I would enjoy talking about the football game, as long as football isnt part of the discussion"

Of course it isnt possible. When you have a president and some members of a political party trying to steal an election, then obviously the politics is part of it. I mean, thats like saying, "I would enjoy talking about the football game, as long as football isnt part of the discussion"
Poor analogy. We were able to discuss things like faithless electors, why not be able to discuss things like how the senate or congress can remedy electoral votes that come from states if those votes aren't legal? There are tons of potential scenarios where that could actually be a real thing in the future, and probably have happened several times in the past.

This very well might be the biggest political story (unless you count 9/11 as political) of our lifetimes, and these guys arent even able to discuss it. We are no longer a serious country.
Too many people didn't take Trump seriously when he announced he was running for POTUS. It was a funny story. The media had a field day and most voters, regardless of their politics, found his candidacy amusing.

But when he actually won, the only people laughing were his sycophants. I think a majority of Americans crossed their fingers that the gravity of the office would hit him and he would rise to the occasion. But Trump has shown over...and over...and over again that he doesn't give a sh!t about anything other than himself. So instead of serious governing, we got a President who golfed. When he did involve himself, it was corrupt bullsh!t (as two impeachment trials showed.)

When this behavior led to -- surprise, surprise -- a vote to elect an old former Veep, he had a hissy fit and tried every conceivable way of thwarting the will of the people. Any elected official who supported (and still support) his anti-democracy shenanigans after the election are tools and should, by rights, suffer the same fate as the QAnon Shaman.

Poor analogy. We were able to discuss things like faithless electors, why not be able to discuss things like how the senate or congress can remedy electoral votes that come from states if those votes aren't legal? There are tons of potential scenarios where that could actually be a real thing in the future, and probably have happened several times in the past.

This is disingenuous as can be. None of the state votes were proven to be illegal and much of this stuff went to court. We can either talk about what actually happened, or we can talk about these hypotheticals. Id rather deal with reality.

Reactions: DaShuckster
Too many people didn't take Trump seriously when he announced he was running for POTUS. It was a funny story. The media had a field day and most voters, regardless of their politics, found his candidacy amusing.

But when he actually won, the only people laughing were his sycophants. I think a majority of Americans crossed their fingers that the gravity of the office would hit him and he would rise to the occasion. But Trump has shown over...and over...and over again that he doesn't give a sh!t about anything other than himself. So instead of serious governing, we got a President who golfed. When he did involve himself, it was corrupt bullsh!t (as two impeachment trials showed.)

When this behavior led to -- surprise, surprise -- a vote to elect an old former Veep, he had a hissy fit and tried every conceivable way of thwarting the will of the people. Any elected official who supported (and still support) his anti-democracy shenanigans after the election are tools and should, by rights, suffer the same fate as the QAnon Shaman.

2022 and especially 2024 are going to be really telling for the future of this country. You would think even Republicans would care about this (and in fairness, many do), but we are at a point where the Republican party and specifically Trump, means more to them than the actual foundations of our Republic. I hope I am wrong, but I think we have some troubling times ahead.

This is disingenuous as can be. None of the state votes were proven to be illegal and much of this stuff went to court. We can either talk about what actually happened, or we can talk about these hypotheticals. Id rather deal with reality.
Fine. Lock up everybody that is even 5 degrees separated from what happened on January 6th.

Then can we talk about what to do about a future scenario where electoral votes are unconstitutional?

Reactions: _glaciers
Fine. Lock up everybody that is even 5 degrees separated from what happened on January 6th.

Then can we talk about what to do about a future scenario where electoral votes are unconstitutional?
You can start a thread to talk about that if you wish.

You can start a thread to talk about that if you wish.
Nah, I think I'll use this one.

What remedy should congress have at their disposal if a group of faithless electors emerges in the future that is enough to change the outcome of an election?

What remedy should congress have at their disposal if a group of states openly allows non-citizens to vote in their federal elections?

Reactions: _glaciers
they conveniently ignore damning news , the scary thing is how much people shrug and it was less than a year ago . Convinced this country would allow a coup as long as gas prices are under $3 and the wifi works

2022 and especially 2024 are going to be really telling for the future of this country.
There are reports about state Republicans preparing for 2024 by playing games with their State's elector selection process to -- as Crazy said, present "faithless electors" in an effort to thwart the will of that State's voters.

Back on Jan. 6th, I told my wife, as we watched as the riot unfolded on live TV, "Well at least, THIS craziness is going to bring Republicans back to their senses." Oh, how wrong I was!

The crap I witnessed surrounding Trump's refusal to leave office and his orchestrated Jan. 6th insurrection feels like some kind of bizarro sci-fi movie, not real life.
So we need to have unsecure elections because why?
Funny how 'unsecure' our national elections suddenly became once Trump decided to run for President.

Fact is, Trump was all set to play the 'election fraud' game in 2016 until, low and behold, he won. :)

Reactions: Poolside Knight
There are reports about state Republicans preparing for 2024 by playing games with their State's elector selection process to -- as Crazy said, present "faithless electors" in an effort to thwart the will of that State's voters.

Back on Jan. 6th, I told my wife, as we watched as the riot unfolded on live TV, "Well at least, THIS craziness is going to bring Republicans back to their senses." Oh, how wrong I was!

The crap I witnessed surrounding Trump's refusal to leave office and his orchestrated Jan. 6th insurrection feels like some kind of bizarro sci-fi movie, not real life.

Funny how 'unsecure' our national elections suddenly became once Trump decided to run for President.

Fact is, Trump was all set to play the 'election fraud' game in 2016 until, low and behold, he won. :)
So does it go beyond politics to you, where a discussion on civics and the role of congress should be discussed? Or is it just "Republicans bad"?

Reactions: Knight In TN
they conveniently ignore damning news , the scary thing is how much people shrug and it was less than a year ago . Convinced this country would allow a coup as long as gas prices are under $3 and the wifi works

Thats the worrying part. If people were acting like Trump crossed the line and he had no way to win in 2024, then ok. But people still act like he is the 2nd coming and the Republicans who try to shine light on this are basically just going to be removed from the party.

Reactions: Poolside Knight

Yep, Bill Maher has brought this up a lot (and he was one of the first and most vocal that Trump wouldnt leave peacefully if he lost). But the people who prevented him from stealing the election, such as the SOS of Georgia, are not going to be there anymore. If Republicans have the house, then they are likely going to appoint Trump president in 2024, even if the votes say he lost.

I thought you leftists were against jail. And bail requirements.
Yup....criminals with no consequences. What could go wrong.
Once again, change the subject. You apparently are unable to have an honest discussion about Trump's efforts to thwart the will of the American People.

For all the self-righteous talk of the Constitution and American being 'the Land of the Free,' some here would happily install a dictator if his political pedigree was favorable.

I truly cannot fathom how this country got in this predicament. My best guess is that social media is to blame. As my Dad said to me back in the day when I was a teenage driver, your IQ drops by 20 points every time another guy that gets in the car with you.

Once again, change the subject. You apparently are unable to have an honest discussion about Trump's efforts to thwart the will of the American People.

For all the self-righteous talk of the Constitution and American being 'the Land of the Free,' some here would happily install a dictator if his political pedigree was favorable.

I truly cannot fathom how this country got in this predicament. My best guess is that social media is to blame. As my Dad said to me back in the day when I was a teenage driver, your IQ drops by 20 points every time another guy that gets in the car with you.
WTF?!?!?!?!?!? I said we should go after and imprison, if not put to death, anybody that is within 5 degrees of separation of the 1/6 riot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT