ADVERTISEMENT

Jan 6th

Yet you're trying like hell to distance him from the mob that attacked the Capitol.

How dense -- or disingenuous -- can you get? No 'black eye' to our democracy? Good grief, man, Trump NEVER conceded...hell, he STILL hasn't conceded...and instead of a gracious exit, he pushed his gullible followers into believing a massive voter fraud conspiracy.

And you're going to sit here and tell me with a straight face that this has done no damage to our democracy? Yeah, riiiiiiiiiiight.*
I don’t give a fück about Trump, don’t you get that?

I genuinely hope he disappears from the scene as quickly as possible.

But let’s be very clear about the fact that you were a fool to expect a polite formality like concession from Trump. It’s not required by law, and if you thought he was going to concede you haven’t been paying any attention to him for the past 6+ years.

What is required by law happened. You keep pissing and moaning about a black eye for democracy while dozens or hundreds of officials did what they were legally required to do all over the country. The results of the election were upheld.

Yeah, quite a shiner on ol’ democracy.

Reactions: Crazyhole

I genuinely hope he disappears from the scene as quickly as possible.

But let’s be very clear about the fact that you were a fool to expect a polite formality like concession from Trump. It’s not required by law, and if you thought he was going to concede you haven’t been paying any attention to him for the past 6+ years.

What is required by law happened. You keep pissing and moaning about a black eye for democracy while dozens or hundreds of officials did what they were legally required to do all over the country. The results of the election were upheld.

Yeah, quite a shiner on ol’ democracy.
It was an embarrassing black eye to America’s democracy. To any external observer. It’s embarrassing to try to argue to the contrary. Laws are a piece of paper. Cracks in democracy form when doubt creeps in on the people enforcing them. Trump put dynamite in those cracks. For now the country holds.

Strange. For someone who routinely insults other posters’ intelligence, it sure looks like Knight In TN is doing a hell of a job of imitating a stupid dumbass in his responses here.
So THAT is your go-to response when people bring up Trump’s role in the Jan. 6th attack on the Capitol??? You’d think he MIGHT be important to the discussion being POTUS and all at the time.*
But let’s be very clear about the fact that you were a fool to expect a polite formality like concession from Trump.
I was a fool? I didn’t vote for him. And given all of his shenanigans before the election, I didn’t expect him to concede. I was just grateful we got his butt out of the WH without more bathsh!t craziness than we experienced.
It’s not required by law … What is required by law happened. You keep pissing and moaning about a black eye for democracy while dozens or hundreds of officials did what they were legally required to do all over the country. The results of the election were upheld. Yeah, quite a shiner on ol’ democracy.
The first time in the proud history of this great country that a peaceful transfer of power didn‘t take place — but that’s NOT a black eye? Whatever, man*

Strange. For someone who routinely insults other posters’ intelligence, it sure looks like Knight In TN is doing a hell of a job of imitating a stupid dumbass in his responses here.

So THAT is your go-to response when people bring up Trump’s role in the Jan. 6th attack on the Capitol??? You’d think he MIGHT be important to the discussion being POTUS and all at the time.*

I was a fool? I didn’t vote for him. And given all of his shenanigans before the election, I didn’t expect him to concede. I was just grateful we got his butt out of the WH without more bathsh!t craziness than we experienced.

The first time in the proud history of this great country that a peaceful transfer of power didn‘t take place — but that’s NOT a black eye? Whatever, man*
A peaceful transfer of power did take place. Stop watching MSNBC and wake the fúck up.

A protest at the Capitol does not mean there was no peaceful transfer of power, you absolute idiot. Trump still walked out of the White House on his own the day he was supposed to. He did not need to be violently removed.

It was an embarrassing black eye to America’s democracy. To any external observer. It’s embarrassing to try to argue to the contrary. Laws are a piece of paper. Cracks in democracy form when doubt creeps in on the people enforcing them. Trump put dynamite in those cracks. For now the country holds.
It was embarrassing for the people who were rioting. If that also makes you embarrassed for democracy, I don’t know what to tell you.

A peaceful transfer of power did take place. Stop watching MSNBC and wake the fúck up.
LOL Yeah, I forgot, what we all watched on Jan. 6th last year DIDN'T REALLY HAPPEN!!!!
A protest at the Capitol does not mean there was no peaceful transfer of power, you absolute idiot.
I suspect the Capitol police might have a different opinion.
Trump still walked out of the White House on his own the day he was supposed to. He did not need to be violently removed.
That's like saying even though Antonio Brown made an embarrassing spectacle of himself in the Bucs/Jets game, it wasn't really all that bad because he walked off the field on his own.

LOL Yeah, I forgot, what we all watched on Jan. 6th last year DIDN'T REALLY HAPPEN!!!!

I suspect the Capitol police might have a different opinion.

That's like saying even though Antonio Brown made an embarrassing spectacle of himself in the Bucs/Jets game, it wasn't really all that bad because he walked off the field on his own.
No, what you’re saying is that if the Bucs and Jets play an excellent clean game, it wasn’t really a clean game if there are some fans who fight in the parking lot.

I guess you think it’s reasonable to say there was no peaceful transfer if there are protests and riots about the result.

No, what you’re saying is that if the Bucs and Jets play an excellent clean game, it wasn’t really a clean game if there are some fans who fight in the parking lot.

I guess you think it’s reasonable to say there was no peaceful transfer if there are protests and riots about the result.
Anything short of the military getting involved is a peaceful transfer of power

Your analogy falls flat because Antonio Brown wasn't some fan in the parking lot. He was one of the Bucs' star players.

I find it pretty damn impressive that you can spin your 'nobody believes Trump won' line while at the same time opining that 'Trump wasn't an instigator of the Capitol riot' with his morning warm-up "STOP THE STEAL" campaign-like rally prior to Congress's verification of the EC vote.

Yeah, everybody KNOWS Trump lost the election BUT, WAIT, WAIT, WAIT, he did nothing to instigate the Capitol riot?!??! :rolleyes:

Your analogy falls flat because Antonio Brown wasn't some fan in the parking lot. He was one of the Bucs' star players.

I find it pretty damn impressive that you can spin your 'nobody believes Trump won' line while at the same time opining that 'Trump wasn't an instigator of the Capitol riot' with his morning warm-up "STOP THE STEAL" campaign-like rally prior to Congress's verification of the EC vote.

Yeah, everybody KNOWS Trump lost the election BUT, WAIT, WAIT, WAIT, he did nothing to instigate the Capitol riot?!??! :rolleyes:
I’m not surprised you don’t follow the analogy. You’re one of the dumber people here.

I know people believe Trump won. There are people who believe all sorts of crazy nonsense.

I also believe Trump was partially responsible for the riot, although I don’t place as much blame on him for it as you do. There’s not much evidence in his speech that he specifically encouraged them to go and be disorderly. If there was, he would have (and should have) been charged for incitement by now.

All these statements you’re attributing to me are false, and your argument is against a straw man.

Truth be told, you're one of the better posters here. I don't know why you feel the need to throw in an insult with every post.
It has a lot to do with the fact you constantly put words in my mouth I’ve never said. When you do that consistently, I can only question either your honesty or your intelligence. I don’t believe you to be a dishonest person, but maybe you prefer to debate ideas you have a response for over ideas you don’t.

It has a lot to do with the fact you constantly put words in my mouth I’ve never said. When you do that consistently, I can only question either your honesty or your intelligence. I don’t believe you to be a dishonest person, but maybe you prefer to debate ideas you have a response for over ideas you don’t.
I've been posting back and forth with Shuckster for 15 years. He's not unintelligent, just very very disingenuous lately.

I've been posting back and forth with Shuckster for 15 years. He's not unintelligent, just very very disingenuous lately.
I understand where he’s coming from. He’s singing the same song as the Capitol rioters, just a different verse.

They both need the other side to be more evil and insidious than they actually are to justify themselves as the good guys, so they invent things and exaggerate. There isn’t enough universal truth in either ideology to satisfy their conscience, so demonization of the other does the rest.

That’s why they had to go Stop The Steal. The other side cheated and stole the election.

That’s why it was totally a violent coup attempt and nearly the end of America.

Never mind that both sides are egged on by the rulers of their respective parties to believe all the outrageous things about the other side because it’s a hell of a lot easier and more effective at keeping them in power than good ideas, compromise, and effective governance.

When the FBI can't directly answer the question "were FBI agents involved in the January 6th riots", you know something is afoot. It would be like asking NASA if they landed on the moon and the response being "I can't confirm or deny that"

So Trump actually had an executive order written up to declare a state of emergency and have the military seize voting machines, totally normal behavaior after an election that courts all over the place found no evidence of widespread fraud.

So Trump actually had an executive order written up to declare a state of emergency and have the military seize voting machines, totally normal behavaior after an election that courts all over the place found no evidence of widespread fraud.
Doesn't matter at this point.

If you haven't figured out Trump was a traitor to the nation by 2022, you are in a cult and nothing will change your mind.

“It is unclear who wrote the draft order, which is full of legal language asserting presidential powers to seize the election equipment and conspiracy theories about the 2020 election.”

“Addressing the Politico reporting, Rep. Elaine Luria, a Democrat from Virginia and a member of the House committee, told CNN's Wolf Blitzer that "it's incredibly concerning if this is in fact a verifiable document."

“One source who was interviewed by the January 6 committee told CNN they were asked about the existence of a draft memo that outlined plans to seize voting machines. But the source couldn't confirm that that the questions were specifically about the draft published by Politico.”

I feel like we’ve seen this kind of reporting before.

Of course, the most important thing is: “Trump never signed the executive order.”

“It is unclear who wrote the draft order, which is full of legal language asserting presidential powers to seize the election equipment and conspiracy theories about the 2020 election.”

“Addressing the Politico reporting, Rep. Elaine Luria, a Democrat from Virginia and a member of the House committee, told CNN's Wolf Blitzer that "it's incredibly concerning if this is in fact a verifiable document."

“One source who was interviewed by the January 6 committee told CNN they were asked about the existence of a draft memo that outlined plans to seize voting machines. But the source couldn't confirm that that the questions were specifically about the draft published by Politico.”

I feel like we’ve seen this kind of reporting before.

Of course, the most important thing is: “Trump never signed the executive order.”

Yep, nothing to see here, perfectly normal to discuss declaring a national emergency and seizing voting machines.

One more thing, every administration has people that write legal justifications for nearly every option in specific situations. President Trump was sure that there was voting fraud so it would be a surprise if someone didn’t write a paper detailing the extent of what he could do about it. That’s the way it works. We don’t normally have Senate personnel leaking the position papers to the media in advance of an election in an attempt to sway the vote. But hey, I’m sure you’re perfectly fine with that, right?

Yep, nothing to see here, perfectly normal to discuss declaring a national emergency and seizing voting machines.
This is a smear job on a document that might not even be real and, even if it is, says nothing about what Trump said about it. He could’ve thrown the author out of the room and banned them from ever coming back for all we know. The only confirmed fact in that entire piece is that no such EO was signed.

One more thing, every administration has people that write legal justifications for nearly every option in specific situations. President Trump was sure that there was voting fraud so it would be a surprise if someone didn’t write a paper detailing the extent of what he could do about it. That’s the way it works. We don’t normally have Senate personnel leaking the position papers to the media in advance of an election in an attempt to sway the vote. But hey, I’m sure you’re perfectly fine with that, right?
He knew damn well there wasnt voter fraud and he knows he lost.

This is a smear job on a document that might not even be real and, even if it is, says nothing about what Trump said about it. He could’ve thrown the author out of the room and banned them from ever coming back for all we know. The only confirmed fact in that entire piece is that no such EO was signed.

Yep, nothing to see here. Text messages prior to January 6th indicating people knew what was going to happen, the actual Jan 6th riot, executive orders (unsigned yes, but someone still took the time to write it) about declaring a national emergency and seizing voting machines, a president who still hasnt conceded, etc etc. All just perfectly normal behavior, nothing to see here at all.

Yep, nothing to see here. Text messages prior to January 6th indicating people knew what was going to happen, the actual Jan 6th riot, executive orders (unsigned yes, but someone still took the time to write it) about declaring a national emergency and seizing voting machines, a president who still hasnt conceded, etc etc. All just perfectly normal behavior, nothing to see here at all.

Do you debate with flat earthers or branch davidians as well? You think facts will change these idiots minds?

There really is no point to having a discussion with you when you gaslight anyone who tells you how things actually work. So, adios and vaya con dios.

Trump released a statement saying Pence had the authority to over throw the election. So if that is the case (which obviously it isnt), then someone needs to ask him if Harris would have that same authority in 2024. Would love to hear him try and answer that.

And now 2 Republicans in Michigan, one running for governor, are telling poll workers to unplug machines if they have to and to be "locked and loaded" at the polls. Insanity.

And the Jan 6th committee has 2 documents showing Trump personally pressured people to turn over voting machines, even wanting the military or DHS to seize them. Fortunately they didnt do it, but ignoring these things is going to end up making it worse.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
You don't need to scam the voting machines. Like Biden said who counts the votes wins

Biden said a lot more than that, and he was referencing this Republican movement to throw out votes and this push to have state legislatures decide who gets the electoral votes.

Do you think it is a good thing for Democracy to have a president who wanted the military to seize voting machines (only in states he lost of course)?

Biden said a lot more than that, and he was referencing this Republican movement to throw out votes and this push to have state legislatures decide who gets the electoral votes.

Do you think it is a good thing for Democracy to have a president who wanted the military to seize voting machines (only in states he lost of course)?
Melvin isn’t going to answer you and will most likely deflect to some dumb fukcing talking point like Biden not having anyone show up to his rallies.

Melvin isn’t going to answer you and will most likely deflect to some dumb fukcing talking point like Biden not having anyone show up to his rallies.
Like I said...

Reactions: Cubs79
The talking heads will say its because of Trump running the party, but in reality it's because the committee is doing some pretty shady shit.
No, it's because the party is loyal to Trump, because they are scared if they turn against him they will lose their seats. Its Trumps party now, and it is pretty obvious.

When the FBI can't directly answer the question "were FBI agents involved in the January 6th riots", you know something is afoot. It would be like asking NASA if they landed on the moon and the response being "I can't confirm or deny that"
She didn't want to comit perjury. She without saying yes, we did, confirmed it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT