ADVERTISEMENT

Jan 6th

What's "pretty regularly" to you?
Enough to where it isnt a shock anymore when it happens.
WTF??? We're actually arguing over whether or not mass shooting happen "pretty regularly" in our country anymore??!? Really?

Helloooo..
.Before the pandemic, we had three straight years of double-digit mass murdering events. Hell, even during the pandemic we've had 8 through last November.

And school shootings?
  • Since Columbine, there have been 231 school shootings, not including misfires and stopped attempts. Out of these shootings, six have caused over 10 fatalities each.
  • In 2018 alone, there were 35 mass school shootings.
  • Since 1999, there have been 10 school shootings at elementary schools specifically.
I'm no shooting expert, but these stats strike me as "pretty regular" occurances.

WTF??? We're actually arguing over whether or not mass shooting happen "pretty regularly" in our country anymore??!? Really?

Helloooo..
.Before the pandemic, we had three straight years of double-digit mass murdering events. Hell, even during the pandemic we've had 8 through last November.

And school shootings?
  • Since Columbine, there have been 231 school shootings, not including misfires and stopped attempts. Out of these shootings, six have caused over 10 fatalities each.
  • Since 1999, there have been 10 school shootings at elementary schools specifically.
I'm no shooting expert, but these stats strike me as "pretty regular" occurances.
You're drunk. Re-read the interaction.

No, you didn't.

Helloooo..

And school shootings?
He is arguing semantics, nothing more, which I why I quit responding

Thats fine, it doesnt change the fact that what happened was a something we see pretty regularly in this country. We dont see what happened Jan 6th regularly, so trying to equate them is crazy just trying to change the subject which is basically his MO.
Are you stupid or something?

School shooters are motivated much differently than someone trying to assassinate political figures they hate.

Are you stupid or something?

School shooters are motivated much differently than someone trying to assassinate political figures they hate.
Yeah, Cubs79. Everybody knows there's a HUGE difference between nutjob political wanna-be assassins and nutjob school wanna-be assassins! Sheeeeesh, how stupid can you get???*

60628634.jpg
You’re in love with him, aren’t you?

60628634.jpg

I didnt bring up shootings in this thread, you did, so I fail to see how that is whataboutism on my part.
To Cubs79, using my best Captain Renault voice from Casablanca:

I'm SHOCKED ... SHOCKED I TELL YOU to learn avoidance of the thread topic is going on here!"

Reactions: Cubs79
Which has nothing to do with my point.
Why someone does something is pretty important, right?

Remind me who said this again…

“I dont know that we should look at that mass shooting as any different than when a school is shot up.”

I’m saying that that mass shooting is pretty fûcking different from a teenager trying to kill his classmates for whatever reason.

Why someone does something is pretty important, right?

Remind me who said this again…

“I dont know that we should look at that mass shooting as any different than when a school is shot up.”

I’m saying that that mass shooting is pretty fûcking different from a teenager trying to kill his classmates for whatever reason.

Dude, the mass shooting has nothing to do with Jan 6th, this is just another one of Crazys post to derail the thread. And no one is defending the shooter, which is a lot different from 1/6, where there are still people defending it.

Dude, the mass shooting has nothing to do with Jan 6th, this is just another one of Crazys post to derail the thread. And no one is defending the shooter, which is a lot different from 1/6, where there are still people defending it.
People aren’t defending the riot. We’re pushing back on the ridiculous idea that a bunch of stupid and emotional rednecks nearly snuffed out American democracy that day.

If you morons could stop trying to convince us that it was a major threat to the entire American system of government itself, maybe we could agree on it.

It was ugly, it was illegal, and it was mostly Trump’s fault. But an attempted coup? GTFOH.

Reactions: Crazyhole
People aren’t defending the riot. We’re pushing back on the ridiculous idea that a bunch of stupid and emotional rednecks nearly snuffed out American democracy that day.

If you morons could stop trying to convince us that it was a major threat to the entire American system of government itself, maybe we could agree on it.

It was ugly, it was illegal, and it was mostly Trump’s fault. But an attempted coup? GTFOH.

Yeah, trying to overturn an election, using diferent methods (calls to SOS, Republicans voting against certification, violence, etc) isnt an attempted coup, or something.

So let me ask you. If Republicans control the house and senate in 2024, Biden (or whoever the Democratic candidate is) wins the electoral college, but Republicans in congress refuse those votes and claim Trump (or Desantis or whoever), are you ok with that? ANd before you say that isnt possible or likely, 8 Republican senators and 139 Reps voted against certification this year, so there is no reason to think they wouldnt do it again if they had the chance.

Last edited:
It never fails that when debating anything, you people have to ratchet up the rhetoric to the extreme in order to make your point.

Was it "an attempted coup"? Of course not. Was it insurrection and a coordinated attempt to 'stop the steal' preventing Congress from certifying the EC vote. Absolutely. But even THAT gets downplayed to a bunch of 'stupid and emotional rednecks' screwing around for an afternoon.

The reality is that Republicans want to run away from it. That's why they refused an offer for a bipartisan committee to study it. Huh? Why would they pass up that opportunity one might ask? It's because it will be easier to placate their base when the committee's final report comes out by calling it 'a partisan hack job.' God forbid we try to learn how it all evolved so we can ensure that it never happens again.

It never fails that when debating anything, you people have to ratchet up the rhetoric to the extreme in order to make your point.

Was it "an attempted coup"? Of course not. Was it insurrection and a coordinated attempt to 'stop the steal' preventing Congress from certifying the EC vote. Absolutely. But even THAT gets downplayed to a bunch of 'stupid and emotional rednecks' screwing around for an afternoon.

The reality is that Republicans want to run away from it. That's why they refused an offer for a bipartisan committee to study it. Huh? Why would they pass up that opportunity one might ask? It's because it will be easier to placate their base when the committee's final report comes out by calling it 'a partisan hack job.' God forbid we try to learn how it all evolved so we can ensure that it never happens again.

I disagree with that, it was an attempted coup. He lost, we know he lost, he knows he lost, the courts told him he lost and yet we still had all of these attempts to keep him in power.

I disagree with that, it was an attempted coup. He lost, we know he lost, he knows he lost, the courts told him he lost and yet we still had all of these attempts to keep him in power.
We have posters here trying to discount the whole sorid deal by simply by saying, "You expected those Trumpsters to have overthrown the government?"

The reality is that the events of January 6th were just one part of an orchestrated Trump effort stage a coup and stay in power. Hell, the chief architect of these efforts -- Navarro -- has written A BOOK detailing the whole damn thing.

It all started with Trump refused to concede and blamed his loss on voter fraud.

Do you think the report will be as big of a blockbuster as the Mueller report?

Yeah, trying to overturn an election, using diferent methods (calls to SOS, Republicans voting against certification, violence, etc) isnt an attempted coup, or something.

So let me ask you. If Republicans control the house and senate in 2024, Biden (or whoever the Democratic candidate is) wins the electoral college, but Republicans in congress refuse those votes and claim Trump (or Desantis or whoever), are you ok with that? ANd before you say that isnt possible or likely, 8 Republican senators and 139 Reps voted against certification this year, so there is no reason to think they wouldnt do it again if they had the chance.
Nope. Wouldn’t be ok with that.

What’s weird is you seem to think that this is some new phenomenon where all of a sudden Republicans are *gasp* objecting to vote counts.

Did you forget that Democrats in the House of Reps objected to more state vote counts in the 2016 election certification than Republicans objected to in the 2020 vote?

And BOTH TIMES the VP shot down the objections despite being in the same party as the objectors.

We have posters here trying to discount the whole sorid deal by simply by saying, "You expected those Trumpsters to have overthrown the government?"

The reality is that the events of January 6th were just one part of an orchestrated Trump effort stage a coup and stay in power. Hell, the chief architect of these efforts -- Navarro -- has written A BOOK detailing the whole damn thing.

It all started with Trump refused to concede and blamed his loss on voter fraud.
Lol…

It took you 13 minutes to backtrack your own thoughts when one of your pals disagreed with you.

Bravo, you independent thinker, you!

• Haha
Reactions: Crazyhole
Nice post. Josie's tweet trumps it all.

It's been telling how much rewriting of history has been going on since January 6th, 2021. When it played out on TV, I actually thought it would FINALLY bring people in this country to their senses. But Trump's batsh!t crazy influence continues.

My statement will likely trigger a bunch of "TDS!" responses but, let's face it, his influence is the only way to explain why we're having a debate on whether or not an attack on our nation's capitol was noteworthy.

Reactions: NinjaKnight

It's been telling how much rewriting of history has been going on since January 6th, 2021. When it played out on TV, I actually thought it would FINALLY bring people in this country to their senses. But Trump's batsh!t crazy influence continues.

My statement will likely trigger a bunch of "TDS!" responses but, let's face it, his influence is the only way to explain why we're having a debate on whether or not an attack on our nation's capitol was noteworthy.
It's cute that you think Trump caused this. I understand how it can be conveniently placed in a box that way, but you're missing the bigger picture by doing so.

It's cute that you think Trump caused this.
It's laughable that you think Trump didn't cause it.
Let's review:
  • Trump didn't concede...he called the election -- without a shred of evidence -- a fraud...
  • He took his case to the courts and lost over 60 times....
  • He called a 'STOP THE STEAL' campaign-style rally in Washington DC on the morning before Congress convened to bless the EC vote....
  • There he publicly told his Veep to "do the right thing" (sabatoge the day's count) and told the crowd to "join him at the Capitol" to "fight like hell for him."

But there's no way Trump himself was responsible for any of it, right guys?*

You are debating with literal cult members.

You won't change their mind. The best we can hope for as a country is for them to die off, either via old age or covid, so we can move forward as a nation.

• Haha
Reactions: DaShuckster
There was all kinds of cases of fraud. Just no idea if it really changed the outcome. I'm sure you believe all these millions of ballots floating around in the mail without individuals verified that nothing could possibly happen.
This ^^^^^ from the poster who, when questioned, assured the board he knows Biden won and Trump lost. Let me guess, this is just KNIGHTTIME being KNIGHTTIME. :)

It's laughable that you think Trump didn't cause it.
Let's review:
  • Trump didn't concede...he called the election -- without a shred of evidence -- a fraud...
  • He took his case to the courts and lost over 60 times....
  • He called a 'STOP THE STEAL' campaign-style rally in Washington DC on the morning before Congress convened to bless the EC vote....
  • There he publicly told his Veep to "do the right thing" (sabatoge the day's count) and told the crowd to "join him at the Capitol" to "fight like hell for him."

But there's no way Trump himself was responsible for any of it, right guys?*
It started way before Trump entered the fray. How are you so small-minded that you can't see it?

OUCH! What a burn!!!

Before Trump entered the fray?

Your insult would have been even better if you had explained to those of us small-minded people WTF you're talking about.
I have explained it several times. It's based in frustration with the system, not because of a cult following that appeared out of nowhere because some weird loud-mouth convinced them to be frustrated.

Reactions: sk8knight

Maybe the debate on whether or not it was *as noteworthy* as you seem to think it is is explained by the fact that the attackers behavior is more indicative of a protest than a violent overthrow.

They didn’t take a single hostage, put out a list of demands, cause massive damage to the building, or any of that. None of them seem to have wielded guns, and there was no shootout between any of them and authorities.

Absent ALL of that, you still want to pretend this was the worst thing to happen in the history of the world (exaggerating). Or at least the worst thing to happen in Washington DC in the last 10 years (it wasn’t).

The difference between me and you is I can watch what happened, be ashamed of the lawless morons, and not invent the near-collapse of American democracy that you seem to see when you watch it.

The difference between me and you is I can watch what happened, be ashamed of the lawless morons, and not invent the near-collapse of American democracy that you seem to see when you watch it.
You act like the 'lawless morons' attacked the Capitol out of thin air.

If our former President had any decency and an ounce of Statemanship in his bones, none of this blackeye to our democracy would have happened -- and YOU and I BOTH KNOW IT.

You act like the 'lawless morons' attacked the Capitol out of thin air.

If our former President had any decency and an ounce of Statemanship in his bones, none of this blackeye to our democracy would have happened -- and YOU and I BOTH KNOW IT.
Where did I say Trump was decent and a statesman?

And there was no “black eye to our democracy” so give it a rest.

Where did I say Trump was decent and a statesman?
Yet you're trying like hell to distance him from the mob that attacked the Capitol.
And there was no “black eye to our democracy” so give it a rest.
How dense -- or disingenuous -- can you get? No 'black eye' to our democracy? Good grief, man, Trump NEVER conceded...hell, he STILL hasn't conceded...and instead of a gracious exit, he pushed his gullible followers into believing a massive voter fraud conspiracy.

And you're going to sit here and tell me with a straight face that this has done no damage to our democracy? Yeah, riiiiiiiiiiight.*

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT