ADVERTISEMENT

JRP Injury

Anyone have any updates? I hope the kid has a quick recovery. Rumors aren’t good but I’m hoping they’re incorrect.

Based on "Gus's press conference demeanor" alone, JRP definitely won't play against K-State and he may not play again period.

It looked like JRP suffered a concussion. Not his first. The team doctors have to approve him to play again. Nothing says they will, or won't, okay home to play again.

Based on "Gus's press conference demeanor" alone, JRP definitely won't play against K-State and he may not play again period.

It looked like JRP suffered a concussion. Not his first. The team doctors have to approve him to play again. Nothing says they will, or won't, okay home to play again.
Concussions can usually be cleared. ACL/MCL/LCL injuries are a lot more concerning. These injuries can require significant surgeries and vigorous physical therapy.

Reactions: Yaes
Concussions can usually be cleared. ACL/MCL/LCL injuries are a lot more concerning. These injuries can require significant surgeries and vigorous physical therapy.

Yes. In the short term. However, "chronic concussions," which is what I was referencing ("not his first"), are more concerning long term than ACL/MCL/LCL.

The 190 hits JRP took last season could scare the team doctors into saying JRP has "predisposition" so to speak for CTE.

I know there is no such thing, but all they have to do is scare JRP and the family into sitting him out for baseball. And tbh it is true.

JRP wouldn't be the first career Gus has killed.

Last edited:
  • Dislike
Reactions: U C to the F
Our program has its own history, unfortunately. I hope the best for JRP, played his best game yet as far as I'm concerned, some of the best passing we've seen, and actually slid for once. I just don't see him coming back for at least 3 weeks, especially the way his game depends on his legs first. It's Timmy time for now for sure and I agree that Villanova at home is a perfect warm-up scenario for him.

Yes. In the short term. However, "chronic concussions," which is what I was referencing ("not his first"), are more concerning long term than ACL/MCL/LCL.

The 190 hits JRP took last season could scare the team doctors into saying JRP has "predisposition" so to speak for CTE.

I know there is no such thing, but all they have to do is scare JRP and the family into sitting him out for baseball. And tbh it is true.

Gus didn’t kill his career. JRP did. He’s on the only baseball player in history who couldn’t figure out how to slide.

Look Gus isn't killing anyone's career, that's a false narrative.

JRP has been told repeatedly to slide, for years. JRP wants to be great, he wants to be that guy, he wants to make it.

It's going to cost him a lot.

JRP is a really good person imo, but he also has a big ego in the sense he thinks he's destined for greatness, he thinks there's no limits. Which is great for a football team, but could be harmful to a person.

What are we talking about? Concussion yes. But what's this leg issue being brought up? I missed this. Anyone with a clip of it? Searching but can't find anything.

What are we talking about? Concussion yes. But what's this leg issue being brought up? I missed this. Anyone with a clip of it? Searching but can't find anything.
If you are some sort of Orthopedist or Physical therapist, I will track down a clip so you can tell us what injury he has. If not, just know he twisted it weird and needed help getting off the field.

If you are some sort of Orthopedist or Physical therapist, I will track down a clip so you can tell us what injury he has. If not, just know he twisted it weird and needed help getting off the field.
Heading for the flight home he was on crutches and the right leg was in a cast. Not a good sign. No official announcement yet...Check out the video attached at 3:00. Be prepared, it's gruesome and why did he tuck his leg if he was sliding? I don't get what he was trying to do.

Last edited:
Why was he even in the game after that? The next play after he handed off to AR you can see he could barely walk. It was only 2 plays, but he clearly shouldn’t have been on the field. Gus is an Idiot.

Why was he even in the game after that? The next play after he handed off to AR you can see he could barely walk. It was only 2 plays, but he clearly shouldn’t have been on the field. Gus is an Idiot.
It was hurry up offense with a few seconds to get the win, JRP was limping but he's probably high off adrenaline and so was everyone else.

That's why Gus just let the time run off for a field goal. We had time for one more passing play, but didn't go for it

Last edited:
Reactions: AuburnLegacy_1

That probably will get investigated if they confirm it was a concussion. That's been a huge deal the last few years getting players off the field if they had a possible concussion.

Brady Hoke and Michigan got ripped for that in 2014 and that kicked off a lot of the protocols. Similar case where they thought QB was stumbling because of leg injury, instead he was concussed.

If JRP has a severe leg injured, then the next game against Villanova should be a competition between both QBs Timmy and Dylan?

F5oUzJrW0AA8SUn

Last edited:
Steve Leonard from 247 said it could be 2-3 weeks or 8-10 months. Supposedly, they don’t know.

Seems to be a weird take as all it take is an MRI.

it isn’t surprising..sad but not surprising. Hinshaw talked about him being smarter about his body but he doesn’t listen. I have questioned Gus’s QB management but JRP refusing to not seek violent contact is on him more than the coaches.

OC Darin Hinshaw said John Rhys Plumlee is being evaluated today and coach Gus Malzahn will provide an update Monday.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
Speedy recovery to JRP. Regardless of the matter, I will always love his relentless heart and hustle. His character has proven in others wanting to do better.
Yeah, you have to give him that!

Reactions: Flstan
I saw on Reddit that Marc Daniels told someone it is an ankle injury (maybe high ankle sprain?) We will know tomorrow after visiting doctors for pix.

That probably will get investigated if they confirm it was a concussion. That's been a huge deal the last few years getting players off the field if they had a possible concussion.

Brady Hoke and Michigan got ripped for that in 2014 and that kicked off a lot of the protocols. Similar case where they thought QB was stumbling because of leg injury, instead he was concussed.
JRP played one play after he got hurt and it was a run play.

I'm all for player health, but this play after didn't affect anything for him.

it isn’t surprising..sad but not surprising. Hinshaw talked about him being smarter about his body but he doesn’t listen. I have questioned Gus’s QB management but JRP refusing to not seek violent contact is on him more than the coaches.
We need to think of the context. There were a few seconds left and the play was a busted RPO. His mind was probably in panic mode

We need to think of the context. There were a few seconds left and the play was a busted RPO. His mind was probably in panic mode
more of a big picture evaluation but it has been said before on that play the sideline was there to step out .

Reactions: PhDee
Looks like his femur or tibia coming out of the bottom of his right knee.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT