ADVERTISEMENT

JRP Injury

Thank goodness for JRP. He has really grown on me, a great guy for the program overall.

Thank goodness we get Villanova this week too, because I think we're going to get excited when we see the difference in arm talent from JRP to Timmy. The questions are going to be has he matured and can he make good decisions? He is very mobile, just not JRP, and who is really? He can definitely make defenders miss on the ground, but if Timmy starts hitting dudes in stride watch out because he is far more capable through the air. As much as I enjoy having someone like JRP make DBs look slow, nothing gets a crowd fired up like a QB that can spin it. Then helloooooo play action.

A lot of people put blame on his performance in the 2nd of the season for not being 100%, its going to be a long season if they are determined to have him on the field and he is not 100%.

Gus has a real affinity for Plumlee, its his last season. I don't imagine he wants to have Plumlee not play unless he physically can't. Is it possible he redshirts and comes back for next season?
If Timmy shows out like we know he can, he becomes our QB1 for the future. The ideal would be for Timmy to secure the game early and get Dylan some snaps in Q4.

This is a miracle if he makes a full recovery within weeks. Guessing its a dislocated knee with no tears but maybe the @CBlackwellRN can comment
At least 4 weeks if they say “a couple of games”. I’ll go with him returning for the Kansas game to shake off the rust, then a bye-week going into the Oklahoma game, OR returning for the Oklahoma game.

Reactions: PhDee
Watch the YouTube someone posted in .25 speed and you will see what I'm talking about. Pay attention to the right knee.

You will see something solid (femur) starts to protrude from his white pants.
That appears to be his right quadriceps flexing as a result of the awkward position of his knee as it hits the terf. This is most assuredly not a compound fracture of his femur.

Yea Hinshaw spoke about Williams as if he was the most raw one there in the off-season, which was weird at the time tbh. They clearly like Dylan more.
Dylan is a nice player as is the recruit from Jville. They got some dual talent in the works

The depth chart showed Rizk.
Week 1 did, which made sense because he was more likely to see action in a walkover game to get his 4 redshirt games in.

I don't remember seeing a depth chart last week, and assuming Williams isn't gone or injured should be the backup starting next week, with Rizk again looking at garbage time play this week....hope he gets some.

At what point do HCs realize with the portal redshirts should be burned every year, if not totally forgotten? With the 1,000+ that entered last year, you've got to be a complete moron if you think the player you're training is going to be here in 2 years. Use what you've got, because it's gone tomorrow.

Reactions: Guinness_Knight
My very uneducated guess based on the way his leg bent and the fact that he likely won’t be out the whole season is that he suffered a dislocated kneecap. Kind of makes me nauseous to think about

Reactions: Black_Knight07
Yep...and you also posted "I have some new information, but I was asked to keep it private. All I can say is that it’s not good news for UCF." After watching the play, I would say this was the best possible news for UCF. So next time you can tell us who told you, so we'll know who's FOS.
This is limbo. Anyone who believes he will be back playing after 2-3 weeks doesn’t understand football. 5-6 weeks is the realistic target.

Thank goodness for JRP. He has really grown on me, a great guy for the program overall.

Thank goodness we get Villanova this week too, because I think we're going to get excited when we see the difference in arm talent from JRP to Timmy. The questions are going to be has he matured and can he make good decisions? He is very mobile, just not JRP, and who is really? He can definitely make defenders miss on the ground, but if Timmy starts hitting dudes in stride watch out because he is far more capable through the air. As much as I enjoy having someone like JRP make DBs look slow, nothing gets a crowd fired up like a QB that can spin it. Then helloooooo play action.
Yes I agree looking forward to see Timmy run the offense. Some notes from the time Timmy arrived at UCF. He did a great job running the scout team last year. He is now in his second year in the UCF QB room. He has a strong arm to make the throws deep and the out routes. He can scramble out of the pocket and make good throws on the run. Sounds like the complete package let"s see if He can transition his skills in a live game.

Lobo...I forgot, do you have any affiliation to UCF? Like your second school or something? I know you are fully on Miami but you still post a lot of UCF stuff and obviously keep up with the program, and I remember some time back you weren't always anti-UCF. Is it that you just dislike some of the members here and like to troll/bother them? Just curious....
UCF is obviously his second team. He has a dread fascination with us.

At what point do HCs realize with the portal redshirts should be burned every year, if not totally forgotten? With the 1,000+ that entered last year, you've got to be a complete moron if you think the player you're training is going to be here in 2 years. Use what you've got, because it's gone tomorrow.
It’s not always the coaches decision. Player goes to coach when he is 3rd on chart and says I’m only playing in 4 games this year. No more.

A lot of people put blame on his performance in the 2nd of the season for not being 100%, its going to be a long season if they are determined to have him on the field and he is not 100%.

Gus has a real affinity for Plumlee, its his last season. I don't imagine he wants to have Plumlee not play unless he physically can't. Is it possible he redshirts and comes back for next season?
He better stay with a QB that's 100% and not jeopardize the season. JRP is gone next year. Timmy has 3 or 4 more years.

exactly!

What if JRP doesn’t come back this year and takes a medical redshirt? It also appears that he has never taken a regular redshirt (more than 4 games every year).
I would like to think He would shift His focus to baseball, and avoid getting hurt in 2024. The problem is He such a competitor no telling where his head would be if He redshirted this year.

Lobo...I forgot, do you have any affiliation to UCF? Like your second school or something? I know you are fully on Miami but you still post a lot of UCF stuff and obviously keep up with the program, and I remember some time back you weren't always anti-UCF. Is it that you just dislike some of the members here and like to troll/bother them? Just curious....
Funny thing is that I don’t hate UCF or it’s sports programs…like at all. If you have not figured it out…I like to argue college football and UCF provides and almost unlimited amount of fans (most not very knowledgeable about college football) that are willing to argue.

Gus can’t keep running off healthy productive QBs for a 6th year Senior JRP who can’t finish a season. Need to move on after this season
Fans don’t realize or don’t want to realize that QB’s and OC’s don’t want to play/work for the man.

You have a lunatic like this auburn legacy character trying to promote Malhazan for some unknown and strange reason.

Malzahn has demonstrated a lot of loyalty in the past. If Plumlee is cleared to play just can't see him being told to watch the end of his career on the bench.
The difference this season is eligibility remaining. If(big if) Timmy plays well you are really going to bench him for a guy that never stays healthy? He has to be thinking about 24 too

The difference this season is eligibility remaining. If(big if) Timmy plays well you are really going to bench him for a guy that never stays healthy? He has to be thinking about 24 too
I agree, I don't think Gus will bench him either.

Malzahn has demonstrated a lot of loyalty in the past. If Plumlee is cleared to play just can't see him being told to watch the end of his career on the bench.
That seems to be Gus' M.O. but what if Timmy beats Villanova and then we go to KS ST (on the road) and beat the #15 team (right now) and defending B12 champion? Gus would be under a lot more pressure than last year to change his ways. And if Timmy kept on winning before JRP comes back that pressure increases exponentially because we'd be rated (and weren't with JRP). A game within a game. I sure as hell hope we keep winning because I'd really like to see what unfolds.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT