ADVERTISEMENT

Just saw Frost is coaching the Peach bowl

Listening to that presser it sounded a lot to me like Frost was going to use coming back to UCF for bowl as a Nebraska recruiting ploy. Souring on the idea, particularly with the reports that he and his staff have been recruiting in secret for weeks for the Huskers while still employed by UCF and lying to players faces.
Examples?

I was on the fence but if any of this is true he needs stay away

This thread makes me glad Danny White is making the decisions instead of our fans. Seriously you guys rather lose the NY6 to hang on to a couple recruits who may or may not pan out. Not saying we definitely win the NY6 with Frost on the sideline, but I'm all for what gives us the best chance.

What does more for the perception UCF in the long term? What gives us the best chance of joining a P5 when realignment happens?

Our new hire will be hitting the recruiting trail, if kids transfer to Nebraska they were probably going to anyway.

We will be blocking transfers to Nebraska, I assume. Frost is moving on, and he and his staff have known this for at least a couple weeks. Now that it's official, those guys are going to be all in getting Nebraska right (and they have their hands full doing that, which is fine). I think we're better off giving Walters control of the offense, bring in the new HC and staff and have those guys pulling 100% in the interests of UCF gameplanning and prepping the team. The game is still 4 weeks away.

If any of the players don't want him there he needs to stay away. Period.
I agree. I also do not think he will do anything that will hurt UCF. He and his staff have hit the ground running as soon as the announce was made that he would be Nebraska's head football coach. He and his staff have started offering recruits, but not UCF's commits. Frost will do what is right for the PLAYERS he really does care about them! What the fans want/don't want is not relevant. Those kids on that team are going to need a leader to take them into battle in a NY6 bowl game. I would love for you guys to deny him that chance, I do not think it would be fair to the UCF Knights Players who have put in the blood, sweat, tears and achieved the "impossible" to use SF's words. It would be a true injustice to let hurt feelings stand in the way of those kids who have earned this. It is rare for any player to say they were on the only undefeated FBS team in a season.

Congratulations on the Championship, again.

He doesn't need to try to get Vedral to transfer. He went to UCF for two reasons - Frost, and no NU offer. One of those has already changed, and if the other changes, he's coming home. But that will likely be the extent of players following Frost to Nebraska.

Dear Baby Jesus....will you please in the future prevent anyone that has ever lived in, traveled through, or even knows where the F$%^ the state of Nebraska is from playing football, coaching or being given any position whatsoever at UCF.

Seriously...the "Coming Home" crap has gotten old. Next thing we will hear is that Frost's Nanny has "Come Home". Enough already. Only reason anyone is 'Coming Home' to Nebraska is to follow Frost's $35M paycheck. That includes any assistant coaches and Frost himself.

Last edited:
Listening to that presser it sounded a lot to me like Frost was going to use coming back to UCF for bowl as a Nebraska recruiting ploy. Souring on the idea, particularly with the reports that he and his staff have been recruiting in secret for weeks for the Huskers while still employed by UCF and lying to players faces.
Like Nebraska doesn't have the budget to fly him down to FL??? Right.

Dear Baby Jesus....will you please in the future prevent anyone that has ever lived in, traveled through, or even knows where the F$%^ the state of Nebraska is from playing football, coaching or being given any position whatsoever at UCF.

Seriously...the "Coming Home" crap has gotten old. Next thing we will hear is that Frost's Nanny has "Come Home". Enough already. Only reason anyone is 'Coming Home' to Nebraska is to follow Frost's $35M paycheck. That includes any assistant coaches and Frost himself.
Home is wherever somebody is paying 35 million.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT