ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas St 🟪 -8

Poolside Knight

Todd's Tiki Bar
Apr 2, 2007
F6P1Hz6aYAAQO1s.jpg

Seems about right. KSU seems to have a decent run defense, at least stat wise. We are a run first team, so TM will need to prove he is a passer by Saturday for Vegas to change that line.

Reactions: muckdawg24
Seems about right. KSU seems to have a decent run defense, at least stat wise. We are a run first team, so TM will need to prove he is a passer by Saturday for Vegas to change that line.
Please assure me that he got better during the game. Beginning kinda ok, I thought he got better as he beat the rust off?

The line will change depending on who the betting public takes. Doesn’t matter if TM guarantees 400 yards and 4 TDS. Vegas wants bets on both teams evenly.

I think he got better as the game went on. My question was why were they rolling him out to the right side when he's left handed?

If we had a pass-first offense it would be closer probably. They seemed vulnerable through the air especially on mid and deep routes.

-8 seems about right, I was thinking it would be anywhere from -7 to -10. At home prob gives them -7 alone, it’s so hard to win road games.

Anyone going?

I think he got better as the game went on. My question was why were they rolling him out to the right side when he's left handed?
Because everyone expects him to roll left. Needs to be able to do both and square up his feet so he can throw more accurately

That makes sense, I figured they'd get him going to the left first so he could get in the groove against an FCS opponent.

I feel like his scrambling ability is very good. Strong arm. The only thing I didn't like was he likes to hold that football away from his body (just asking for a fumble). I feel like the upside of his passing ability is better than JRP.

He got better with his passing as the game progressed. He definitely will give us a chance to win. By end of game he looked like a starter. We will see how he does with away team atmosphere.

I think it just shows a defense he can do both, and he did. I was impressed.

If we had a pass-first offense it would be closer probably. They seemed vulnerable through the air especially on mid and deep routes.
The passing D appears to be the weaker side as statistically, they're great against the run. If we can make some completions we should be able to soften them up some. I like our RBs and RPO against anyone but I'm very curious to see who gets the start at Center for us.

...I’m not sure how long he was able to beat off.
Sir this is a Wendy's, those discussions happen on Reddit.

In all seriousness, I liked what I saw. Ancy or nervous at first, but settled in and made plays. Happy it was against Villanova because KSU won't give him time to learn as plays and will be far less forgiving.

What is the status of all the other starters, going into Kansas State even with all the starters playing was considered a big challenge. Take away a few key players (not talking about QB), and its only going to get harder.

The line opened at 5, went up to 7.5, now back to 6.5. I'm sure Plumlee being out influences bettors along with Kansas state solid run defense. McClain whether he looks amazing against Villanova, isn't enough indicator hes ready to win at Kansas State, and if he takes a shot in the game UCF is now putting out there a true freshman.

There's a lot of deep ball potential against this defense though. And I feel better about Timmy than JRP when it comes to that.

KSU and UCF have had a similar first three games; 2 against "easy" opponents, which we both won, and 1 game against a tougher FBS opponent. We won ours, they lost. Both close games were decided by FGs. In that stretch, UCF actually has the higher-rated TOTAL defense. KSU's Run D is better statistically but it's hard to know how they'll fare against us when Mizzou basically put up the same rushing numbers against them as Troy did. That's going to be a mystery until we actually see it on the field. Mizzou was 23 of 36 for 356 yds and two tds through the air though.

There's a lot of deep ball potential against this defense though. And I feel better about Timmy than JRP when it comes to that.

KSU and UCF have had a similar first three games; 2 against "easy" opponents, which we both won, and 1 game against a tougher FBS opponent. We won ours, they lost. Both close games were decided by FGs. In that stretch, UCF actually has the higher-rated TOTAL defense. KSU's Run D is better statistically but it's hard to know how they'll fare against us when Mizzou basically put up the same rushing numbers against them as Troy did. That's going to be a mystery until we actually see it on the field. Mizzou was 23 of 36 for 356 yds and two tds through the air though.
Lol. You are comparing Boise State to Missouri. Ahahhahahahahaha.

Troy won the Sun Belt conference last session. K-State walked the dog against Troy. Last week, South Alabama, the Sun Belt runner up, beat the hell out of Oklahoma State.

Kansas State has the best offensive and defensive fronts, top to bottom, that UCF will face this season. Mizzou has some really fine linemen as well.

If there is one area where K-State is weak, as you mentioned, it is the defensive secondary and probably overall team speed. K-State struggled against one of the nation's top receivers in 5-star Luther Burden III:

Kansas State isn't as nearly explosive offensively as it was last season. 'If' UCF can can keep Treshaun Ward and DJ Giddens in check without having to commit two extra defenders to the box, the Knights will be able to play two high safeties and force Will Howard to beat them through the air with far less experienced receivers than he had to work with last season.

If healthy, Demarkus Bowman can have a coming out party in Manhattan. Would love to get Deonte Marks and Jarrad Baker touches as well.

Last edited:
-8 seems about right, I was thinking it would be anywhere from -7 to -10. At home prob gives them -7 alone, it’s so hard to win road games.

Anyone going?
Yes… along with another couple we tailgate with. My Cousin and his wife are Kansas (KU) alumni living in Olathe, KS and they invited us up to enjoy a game in club seats because his company’s founder is a KState alum.
My cousin also has several seats for KU games so I’ll be back up there again two weeks later for that game! 😉

Kansas State Key Injuries:
Their starting QB has a banged up leg injury and had to stick to passing plays only while bringing in freshmen QB for running plays in second half of loss against Missouri stated in KS paper. Not sure his UCF gametime status but if he has any leg problem going into this game our defensive line will harass him. QB has a good arm but less effective without RPO.

Also, their defensive QB, middle LB is out with shoulder injury and is replaced by a freshmen LB who has a total of 3 tackles. Big loss for the defense which should help our running game.

Troy won the Sun Belt conference last session. K-State walked the dog against Troy. Last week, South Alabama, the Sun Belt runner up, beat the hell out of Oklahoma State.

Kansas State has the best offensive and defensive fronts, top to bottom, that UCF will face this season. Mizzou has some really fine linemen as well.

If there is one area where K-State is weak, as you mentioned, it is the defensive secondary and probably overall team speed. K-State struggled against one of the nation's top receivers in 5-star Luther Burden III:

Kansas State isn't as nearly explosive offensively as it was last season. 'If' UCF can can keep Treshaun Ward and DJ Giddens in check without having to commit two extra defenders to the box, the Knights will be able to play two high safeties and force Will Howard to beat them through the air with far less experienced receivers than he had to work with last season.

If healthy, Demarkus Bowman can have a coming out party in Manhattan. Would love to get Deonte Marks and Jarrad Baker touches as well.
Also their tight end, Sinnot, can be a problem. He can be a wrecking ball getting too much YAC if we let him make catches. We must shut him down.

Also their tight end, Sinnot, can be a problem. He can be a wrecking ball getting too much YAC if we let him make catches. We must shut him down.

Thanks. I meant to mention him as well. If DeJordan Mask is able to return, UCF will be in good shape. But if Braeden Marshall has the responsibility alone, it could be a long night. Not that Marshall isn't a good player, he just isn't as experienced. You don't want him getting schooled by Ben Sinnott.

I wonder if this trip to Manhattan will produce any more of those Independence Day looking clouds?! That was so crazy to see. Especially over an open air football stadium.

Reactions: KnightVision82
What is the status of all the other starters, going into Kansas State even with all the starters playing was considered a big challenge. Take away a few key players (not talking about QB), and its only going to get harder.

The line opened at 5, went up to 7.5, now back to 6.5. I'm sure Plumlee being out influences bettors along with Kansas state solid run defense. McClain whether he looks amazing against Villanova, isn't enough indicator hes ready to win at Kansas State, and if he takes a shot in the game UCF is now putting out there a true freshman.
slight concern on Center, just based on comments C is not trusted right now.

offensive skill positions i think we can reload if something happens(some but not a lot of drop off)

defense we need our 1s

Feels like it will be a close game. Understandable for bettors to shy away from UCF at this point based on the clear trend of poor form of the team away from home under Gus and the unknown of the first Big12 conference game. Don't think the line would be much different if JRP were still starting. Should be able to tell soon how we stack up.

Reactions: SimpleJack53

Anyone going?
I’m going! Can’t wait. Sitting on the home side but at least the seats are on the 50. Does anyone have recommendations for parking, restaurants, bars, any pregame gatherings of Knights?

If we play perfect we will win.

If we turn the ball over, drops touchdowns, miss tackles, miss blocks, like we have done in our first 3 games, we will lose.

No margins for mistakes anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: PositYourself
looks like k-state has lost starting qb will howard to a leg injury as well as running back treshaun ward. kind of evens up the injury situation for saturday. state will start true freshman, avery johnson, at qb. klieman had high praise for plumlee and coach gus in today's presser.

Last edited:
looks like k-state has lost starting qb will howard to a leg injury as well as running back treshaun ward. kind of evens up the injury situation for saturday. state will start true freshman, avery johnson, at qb. klieman had high praise for plumlee and coach gus in today's presser.
I would say that heavily favors UCF in terms of injuries, if Kansas State is starting a true freshman who has 4 pass attempts in his career. Even up would be Dylan Rizk starting.

I would say that heavily favors UCF in terms of injuries, if Kansas State is starting a true freshman who has 4 pass attempts in his career. Even up would be Dylan Rizk starting.
as a k-state fan, i agree. although johnson is the highest ranked qb ever recruited to manhattan, he's still an untested freshman opening conference play. add to that the loss of captain deuce green and running back treschaun ward, well, it's not setting up well for the purple midweek.

Reactions: Ignacio407
Where are we seeing the QB is out? All I heard was that he is questionable, which is very common

as a k-state fan, i agree. although johnson is the highest ranked qb ever recruited to manhattan, he's still an untested freshman opening conference play. add to that the loss of captain deuce green and running back treschaun ward, well, it's not setting up well for the purple midweek.
Dang those are all meaningful losses. Ward really pops off the screen with his speed.

Reactions: AVeritas
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT