ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas St 🟪 -8

We are here! Sitting in the stands, ready to watch the Knights charge forward! So far the KState fans have been absolutely fantastic and very accommodating. The town is gorgeous and the school is beautiful.
That’s what I like to hear. I think the Big12 has very passionate yet classy fans. They all seem to appreciate and are excited for the new members. Great to hear.

At the game…3rd quarter refs call UCF 3 times after fantastic plays. Sorry but it seems the Big 12 is saying not so fast youngster. One, roughing passer, was legit, but another immediately after? And now Gus&Co pull the absolute worst 3 play series when we’re in KS territory. What was Timmy thinking???

That’s what I like to hear. I think the Big12 has very passionate yet classy fans. They all seem to appreciate and are excited for the new members. Great to hear.
The KState fans were great, before, during and after the game. Nobody gave us any hassles or grief after the game. Several greeted me before the game and said welcome to KState, we’re glad you are in the conference. Others told me good luck today and shook my hand. Awesome fans!

Unfortunately, I can’t say the same about our fans! We had 4-5 UCF fans sitting about two rows in front of us. They were totally trashed from the start and were shouting out extremely vulgar obscenities every time a play didn’t go our way. We were on the home side with lots of families with young children that got progressively madder as the game continued. A couple of fans asked them to tone it down but caught total 💩! Not sure how most of you would feel but we were very embarrassed. We assured those around us that was not typical UCF fan behavior. For our reputation’s sake in our new conference I hope not. Thoughts?

glad ucf fans were treated as expected with class in manhattan before and after.

my only comment about the game is that tackling your reserve quarterback was like trying to catch a jackrabbit by the tail. good grief. you'll win several b12 games starting with baylor saturday in the jump house.

good luck to your knights going forward. glad to have your school in the conference. it's obvious y'all are a positive addition with a tremendous upside. #emaw.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I can’t say the same about our fans! We had 4-5 UCF fans sitting about two rows in front of us. They were totally trashed from the start and were shouting out extremely vulgar obscenities every time a play didn’t go our way. We were on the home side with lots of families with young children that got progressively madder as the game continued. A couple of fans asked them to tone it down but caught total 💩! Not sure how most of you would feel but we were very embarrassed. We assured those around us that was not typical UCF fan behavior. For our reputation’s sake in our new conference I hope not. Thoughts?

giphy.gif

The KState fans were great, before, during and after the game. Nobody gave us any hassles or grief after the game. Several greeted me before the game and said welcome to KState, we’re glad you are in the conference. Others told me good luck today and shook my hand. Awesome fans!

Unfortunately, we seem to have more fans like that than most schools. But all schools do have them.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
wvu had a bad reputation before joining to the b12. they watched and changed. ucf will likely do the same. i've been to most b12 venues. places like texas, oSu, isu are similar to k-state, not the same but you won't ever feel endangered.

Reactions: Knight59
I feel like UCF defense should be atop this list…no one has forced more missed tackles than themselves.

Gideons is a backup, we single hand-idly got him to the top of this list in one game 😂

Reactions: AuburnLegacy_1
I feel like UCF defense should be atop this list…no one has forced more missed tackles than themselves.

Gideons is a backup, we single hand-idly got him to the top of this list in one game 😂

UCF -- the defense that makes opposing offenses famous; makes heroes out of zeroes.

Sure made Jeff Sims famous: "Quarterback Jeff Sims threw for 314 yards, including a 59-yard touchdown pass to Malachi Carter, en route to a 21-for-32 day."

https://ramblinwreck.com/fb-recap-ucf-22/

On an unrelated note, Georgia Tech must really lament Sims. The Tech SIDs are keeping up with his stats -- at Nebraska!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT