ADVERTISEMENT

Knowing this...

KnightVision82

Diamond Knight
Jan 26, 2004
Just thought this has to be emphasized as we approach next season with new coaching staff and recruits not meeting everybody's expectation (gloom and doom). Our current team at UCF has NOT already peaked yet!

We have a Top 10 UCF Football Team despite the rankings.
We have better QB position with #1 and #2. Vedral was a #2 place holder for Mack.
We have a better offensive line. Players coming off of injuries and others pushing #1s like Samuel Jackson with help of proven SEC OL coaching.
We have a new DC known to produce better defenses than last guy. Remember the 2017 stats please. Hopefully, we wont have to hang on our seats for last minute turnover to win.
We have defensive transfers, red-shirts and injured players in addition to current defensive players.
We have freshmen WR starters returning along with 4-star WR transfer.
We have OL transfer from N.D. that was a cheerleader all season on sideline.
We have #1 RB returning from ankle injury along with Thompson who was red shirted.
We have talent such as Jaquarius Bargnare that hasn't been able to make the field because of competition.
We've got experienced safeties now and CBs.

We've got some breathing room here and a lot to look forward to over next 2-3 years even without bringing in another recruit. Just tired of gloom and doom over this transition period. I believe that Heupel will be successful! Hell, even GOL could be successful with the talent we have :)

El Hype is going lead these kids right back to another amazing season on offense. I'm more worried about the defense, but there is still a lot of talent there too. The Statue left that side of the ball stacked until 2019.

Mack has never played a down in his life. Vedral was competent for a freshman.

Chinander doesn’t get enough credit. Team started the year amazing on defense and finished the last game really well. Team got tired in the middle of the year.

Agree on Oline. It will be our strength next year

Chinander doesn’t get enough credit. Team started the year amazing on defense and finished the last game really well. Team got tired in the middle of the year.

Agreed. We trashed Chins because the D looked soft at the end of the season until Auburn. Just remember they played 11 games in a row and we had to slow our offense so we could rest the defense. Overall, I think GOL left the cupboards full of great defensive players and when Taafe retired, I think our Offense (excluding RB) started to decline. Partly because I thought Key wasn't too effective at finding talent and coaching them up. Frost came in and immediately found kids who could play. That 0-12 season was not that way because they were bad - kids kept getting hurt. That was the biggest reason. Same with Frost's first year - QB was out the majority of the season and that forced Milton to remove his red shirt and start. We were lucky the kid could play and our defense was healthy.

Wow sorry for rambling

Reactions: UCFhonors
Oline will be great. Milton will have all the time in the world. I'm thinking 35-40 TD's. Will be interesting to see who takes the #2 receiver spot behind Snelson. I really hope we can groom a TE so our red zone offense can be a little more than run/screen & Milton improvising. I was legitimately worried about playing OT vs. Memphis/USF & Auburn because I feel like at least 70% of our TD's were big plays.

Biggest question mark to me is whether we can get to the QB with the significant losses in the front 7 of the defense. If guys emerge to fill that void adequately we win a ton of games next year.

We'll see a lot of Mack in the spring game. I believe you will be happy with what you see as he looks faster and has a stronger arm than Vedral. As poster stated in past we only got to see like 2 throws out of Vedral last season so it's hard to say we'll be missing much unless you believe Mack can't hand off a football. Even with those 2 throws Vedral's passes hung a bit.

Just thought this has to be emphasized as we approach next season with new coaching staff and recruits not meeting everybody's expectation (gloom and doom). Our current team at UCF has NOT already peaked yet!

We have better QB position with #1 and #2. Vedral was a #2 place holder for Mack.
We have a better offensive line. Players coming off of injuries and others pushing #1s like Samuel Jackson with help of proven SEC OL coaching.
We have a new DC known to produce better defenses than last guy. Remember the 2017 stats please. Hopefully, we wont have to hang on our seats for last minute turnover to win.
We have defensive transfers, red-shirts and injured players in addition to current defensive players.
We have #1 RB returning from ankle injury along with Thompson who was red shirted.
We have talent such as Jaquarius Bargnare that hasn't been able to make the field because of competition.

We've got some breathing room here and a lot to look forward to over next 2-3 years even without bringing in another recruit. Just tired of gloom and doom over this transition period. I believe that Heupel will be successful! Hell, even GOL could be successful with the talent we have :)
AMEN!!! Well said!!!

Mack doesn't have to have any prior experience. He will be getting that, presumably, coming in during the 4th quarter with a 3 touchdown lead.

We'll see a lot of Mack in the spring game. I believe you will be happy with what you see as he looks faster and has a stronger arm than Vedral. As poster stated in past we only got to see like 2 throws out of Vedral last season so it's hard to say we'll be missing much unless you believe Mack can't hand off a football. Even with those 2 throws Vedral's passes hung a bit.
I agree that Mack has a stronger arm than Vedral. I think both are pretty accurate. However, Vedral is noticeably faster than Mack. Yet, Mack is still not slow, he can move well enough to buy time and scramble for gains. But he is not as fast as Vedral. He is however a much more powerful runner who can run through arm tackles easily if needed to get a needed first down.

Agreed. We trashed Chins because the D looked soft at the end of the season until Auburn. Just remember they played 11 games in a row and we had to slow our offense so we could rest the defense. Overall, I think GOL left the cupboards full of great defensive players and when Taafe retired, I think our Offense (excluding RB) started to decline. Partly because I thought Key wasn't too effective at finding talent and coaching them up. Frost came in and immediately found kids who could play. That 0-12 season was not that way because they were bad - kids kept getting hurt. That was the biggest reason. Same with Frost's first year - QB was out the majority of the season and that forced Milton to remove his red shirt and start. We were lucky the kid could play and our defense was healthy.

Wow sorry for rambling
Chins got plenty of credit, this year and last year, for how he improved the scheme and performance of the D. However, he was appropriately questioned for not immediately making guys accountable for bad tackling techniques. The same guys should not be allowed to make the same errors of technique for over 4-5 games in a row. That is a coaches fault if that doesn't get cleaned up right away, either through coaching up, or pulling a guy off the field if he intentionally doesn't even try to wrap up a runner.

Chins failure to clean that up right away almost cost us 3 games, long after it was clear that the same guys were intentionally diving at ankles. Chins was rightfully called on the carper about that. We have great tacklers on the sidelines at DB and at LB who were ready to go in during key short yardage situations. Chins left them on the sidelines in key games and let lesser tacklers get run over for 20-30 yard gains. A coach must know how to use ALL of his talent, not only his starters. That is why he took some heat. Otherwise, I do respect and appreciate what Chins accomplished here.

Reactions: 80'sKnight
Biggest question mark to me is whether we can get to the QB with the significant losses in the front 7 of the defense. If guys emerge to fill that void adequately we win a ton of games next year.
Agreed. I do think that we have LBs who have proven that they are ready to step up. Burgess-Becker, Bacote, Luyanda can readily step into the voids left by Griffin and Burkett, as they have shown their value already. Also, we may even see awesome flashes from Jones, the redshirt freshman. Not sure if Gilyard will get action this year, but if so I believe he will be fine also.

The big question is on the Dline. Losing starters as good as Pittman and Guerad, while also moving to a 4 down line, will provide it's challenges. We do have the talent there still, (Hill, Connors, Hayes, Wooten and redshirts, a transfer & incoming talent) but how quickly they can step up as a unit, and the level of depth, are the keys.

Oline will be great. Milton will have all the time in the world. I'm thinking 35-40 TD's. Will be interesting to see who takes the #2 receiver spot behind Snelson. I really hope we can groom a TE so our red zone offense can be a little more than run/screen & Milton improvising. I was legitimately worried about playing OT vs. Memphis/USF & Auburn because I feel like at least 70% of our TD's were big plays.
I'm looking forward to seeing Roberson at TE this year. He was a playmaker in last year's spring game. He's has good size, speed and agility to get open, and is good for yards after contact as well.

Well said

#UCFacts

SmokinSmile

Agreed. I do think that we have LBs who have proven that they are ready to step up. Burgess-Becker, Bacote, Luyanda can readily step into the voids left by Griffin and Burkett, as they have shown their value already. Also, we may even see awesome flashes from Jones, the redshirt freshman. Not sure if Gilyard will get action this year, but if so I believe he will be fine also.

The big question is on the Dline. Losing starters as good as Pittman and Guerad, while also moving to a 4 down line, will provide it's challenges. We do have the talent there still, (Hill, Connors, Hayes, Wooten and redshirts, a transfer & incoming talent) but how quickly they can step up as a unit, and the level of depth, are the keys.
The one thing we should like in this 2018 recruiting class is that we're getting lots of DEs and DTs with some DEs having the size to upgrade to DTs over a few years :)

Reactions: KnightLife1

Is it time for the spring game yet?

Vedral was 22-29 for 276 yds and 1 TD pass last year. He showed quickness and ability to make a connection on usually his first read. He also ran 18 times for 77 yds and 2 TD's.

He showed some promising glimpses as a young true Freshmen, especially coming from a division of HS Football in Nebraska that didn't have much Div I-A talent.

Reactions: Nyght Shadow
LOL. I wonder if he has ever heard that joke before though??? However, I'm still laughing....

last time that joke was pulled on here, I tried to explain to a complainer that it the guy was making a joke and got accused of "not being a real fan because real fans know the players" blah blah blah. Some online "heroes' must be the most miserable people in real life.

Reactions: LemmyKilmister
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT