ADVERTISEMENT

Lebby?

I thought just Pitts and Brown decommited. Don't think Renfro was any kind of lock either. This is part of the game. Good luck them. Ole Miss is never going to accomplish much but the coaches get their payday and the athletes get to feel good going to a school they wanted to go to anyway. I mean it's not like anyone's twisting their arms to go. They we're already on the fence.

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
Lebby is good, but absolutely not replaceable.
Shannon would be a much, much bigger loss
All I can recall after each loss were the complaints building up on this board about how useless our OC and coach was in "properly" running the offense and utiltizing the players. So we shouldn't hear any whining on here from those people because they thought he was useless anyways. He seems good to me. Hopefully we can keep him but money talks...

Last edited:
Reactions: Stetson_1883
All I can recall after each loss were the complaints building up on this board about how useless our OC and coach was in "properly" running the offense and utiltizing the players. So we shouldn't here any whining on here from those because they thought he was useless anyways. Now that he might be moving on, it's an issue? Right.....
He certainly wasn’t useless when it comes to recruiting

Reactions: Knight Strength
All I can recall after each loss were the complaints building up on this board about how useless our OC and coach was in "properly" running the offense and utiltizing the players. So we shouldn't hear any whining on here from those people because they thought he was useless anyways. He seems good to me. Hopefully we can keep him but money talks...
Lebby didn’t call the plays

It's already confirmed he's gone

Evidently Lebby is pulling UCF recruits with him

ELmYfToWsAE1sJY

It seems really screwy that you can work one place and as soon as you quit you can take some of your work product with you. By this I mean in regards to verbal committed recruits or recruits they were talking to. A lot of people in our careers have to sign non solicitation agreements or non compete clauses. These coaches should not be able to talk to any recruit they have spoken to for a year. I have had to wait a year in the past to talk with clients about moving. These schools just like getting taken advantage of. Just like the bowl game scam they let get run on them.

Last edited:
and taking recruits with him...already.
Kind of humbling, how quick these coaches will leave and how quick these recruits will bail. Gives perspective on how we are viewed as a program versus how we perceive our program. Still proud to be a Knight. Eff'em if they don't want to be here!

It is like this in any career, when another company offer comes along offering 3X the salary doing similar work, you take it.

I have tried to warn our fanbase that Heup could do the exact same thing if the demand ever built for him from certain P5 Programs. All these guys have mastered the Coach speak and ‘our family loves it here’ before immediately interviewing to leave while taking a few recruits(Renfro) w them

CJH's time will come, he win's a New Year's six bowl and the call will come.

Reactions: Knight Strength
Our coaches leaving and moving up is probably more GOOD than bad.

It's bad that we have to replace them and we lose some recruits.

However, it gives us increased leverage in the hiring process. Now we can attract higher quality coaches since in addition to offering salary, we are also offering a reliable system they can use to move up as coaches in the future.

It's the same idea with recruits, the more (highly observable) players we put in the NFL, the better recruits we are going to attract.

Last edited:
Before we complain about Lebby taking recruits with him... let’s just remember that we were the beneficiary of this with MM when Frost came over.

Exactly, this is the circle of life

Yes but not the work. In software industry, you sign agreements to leave what you were working on behind or get a lawsuit slapped on you for stealing intellectual property.

Kinda the same but not exactly.....when you leave a company you leave IP behind, your contacts are a different story.......

He didn’t call the plays. Heupel did. It would be like losing Troy Walters before 2017. Or maybe Verduczo. A loss, but not devastating.
Actually, since DG is coming along ahead of schedule, it’s less of a hit.

The recruiting thing is another argument

Seriously what about Steve Spurrier Jr, receivers coach at WSU. Mike Leach and his dad, probably could give JH new wrinkles.

Milton, at all costs we hold onto milton. We cannot have milton follow the 24k path.

To follow the 24K path KZ would have to get drafted and play in the NFL for 4 years.........retire and go into coaching

Kinda the same but not exactly.....when you leave a company you leave IP behind, your contacts are a different story.......
Not if they are a customer, usually you have to wait at least a year before you can reach out to them. To me a verbal commitment is a customer or qualified lead that they found working at the previous employer. Nobody is saying The coach shouldn’t take more pay, heck I have, but has to wait on contacting past clients for a set time.

Not if they are a customer, usually you have to wait at least a year before you can reach out to them. To me a verbal commitment is a customer or qualified lead that they found working at the previous employer. Nobody is saying The coach shouldn’t take more pay, heck I have, but has to wait on contacting past clients for a set time.

It all depends on the circumstances, if there is a non compete agreement of some sort then yes....that said if the non compete is too broad it is usually not enforceable. And guess what, despite the fact that we all think it sucks, there is no existing non compete when it come to college recruiting........

I am confident we get a reasonable replacement.....how bad does this hurt our ongoing recruitment efforts beyond the de commits we know about......

Is Troy Walters tired of Lincoln yet?

from what I have seen Nebraska fans are disappointed on his recruiting there but he seemed to do ok here and Players love him.

Let Lebby get more experience then bring him back as HC when the Heup train leaves.

Haha if JH wants to call plays don’t we just need someone who’s great at recruiting?
Probably need someone who can at least lighten his coaching load. Yea this is an opportunity for a good recruiter too. Then again I think winning is the best way to get recruits.

While Bell's college head coaching record (93-42, one Division II national title in stints at Jacksonville and Valdosta State) is somewhat impressive he also oversaw the fourth-worst scoring offense (20.8 ppg) in USF program history.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT